PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

Deleted member 182079

D
What is it with type 10's? Even I've managed to take two of them out now. Also someone had a go at me in an FGS, which is my favourite ship, even though I know its crap really. As demonstrated when my shields hadn't been dropped and he's down to 60% hull. I left when his two FDL friends arrived.
Alternatively I had a rebuy from an Orca with an annoying habit of ramming the poopoo out of me!

Have a new FDL all engineered and ready to go myself now to play with, I might be crap in it though
I love my FGS but it's strictly PvE only. Too squishy despite 3-4k hull, the shield isn't great and worst of all it's way too slow making it a sitting duck vs the usual suspects.

Love flying it with my SLF pilot in a CNB though, and it looks BadArx in Chrome.

Had someone chain interdict me the other day in Shin, my Cobra can fly faster in reverse, too easy to escape.

Rewatching my video against that 'Conda I'm really tempted to put a SRB overcharged thermal conduit PA in the huge slot.
What could possibly go wrong?

edit: something like this

Last edited:
Rewatching my video against that 'Conda I'm really tempted to put a SRB thermal conduit PA in the huge slot.
I'm using one at the moment. I find it has the advantage of cooking itself fairly quickly, especially if you're firing your mediums at the same time. It really does make a mess of things, but balancing the heat can be a tricky and if you pair it with efficient medium PAs, your whole distro charge goes in a single salvo. For me the pip management was getting a bit crazy so I use low draw weapons for the mediums and stick with efficient for a full PA build.

I've just put together an FDL with PA's and rails... I'm back in my Krait!

Heat management in the FDL is something of an issue! I'm gonna stick with my comfort zone and just accept the rebuys from time to time!

Five more days till I can buy my Imperial Hammers which I'm looking forward to then I might head back to Colonia, might stay here till this whole lock down ends, depends if I'm getting combat. At the moment I mostly am

I've just put together an FDL with PA's and rails... I'm back in my Krait!

Heat management in the FDL is something of an issue! I'm gonna stick with my comfort zone and just accept the rebuys from time to time!

Five more days till I can buy my Imperial Hammers which I'm looking forward to then I might head back to Colonia, might stay here till this whole lock down ends, depends if I'm getting combat. At the moment I mostly am
Stick around Borann and you get lots of combat.
Either arranged (against me for example ^^), or as lawful against gankers, or as ganker against lawfuls, or as ganker against other gankers.
So many options 🥳

Also regarding that last bounty hunting video: three hours earlier I was winged up with Albino Sanchez and we tried to blow up a clean mining Cutter :LOL:
Would've worked if I hadn't torped Sanchez instead of the Cutter with half my salvo 😖
So at best I'm a grey knight...

Sounds fun, I'll head over there later. Are you mostly in the rings or staying in supercruise? I suppose I should do a quick scan of the rings to find out where to go!

Deleted member 182079

D
Stick around Borann and you get lots of combat.
Either arranged (against me for example ^^), or as lawful against gankers, or as ganker against lawfuls, or as ganker against other gankers.
So many options 🥳

Also regarding that last bounty hunting video: three hours earlier I was winged up with Albino Sanchez and we tried to blow up a clean mining Cutter :LOL:
Would've worked if I hadn't torped Sanchez instead of the Cutter with half my salvo 😖
So at best I'm a grey knight...
The only price to pay is to be exposed to system chat, but you can always hide that...

Sounds fun, I'll head over there later. Are you mostly in the rings or staying in supercruise? I suppose I should do a quick scan of the rings to find out where to go!
What works is dropping into the middle hotspot and eyeballing for mining lasers if you see people in your instance on the contact panel.
Works for both ganking and protect gankees.
Tactics courtesy of @Old Duck

edit: I'm at work, will be ingame in the evening earliest.
The only price to pay is to be exposed to system chat, but you can always hide that...
I tabbed that one. It's nice to keep an eye on it, but not on the main com panel.

Deleted member 182079

D
I tabbed that one. It's nice to keep an eye on it, but not on the main com panel.
Yeah did that last night, but when I switched to it I had to wait several seconds for it to catch up. Only to be greeted by the ... usual garbage at the end. It's a shame that more important stuff gets drowned by it.

Deleted member 182079

D
Well I do hear that it's all good ganker fuel.
Was saying to Bigmaec last night, if I could locate even one of those more toxic system chat posters I wouldn't hesitate to open up regardless of their status or ship.

Edit - and to clarify, I always deemed myself to be a clean, lawful player, but I'm going through a bit of a Walter White experience at the moment;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was saying to Bigmaec last night, if I could locate even one of those more toxic system chat posters I wouldn't hesitate to open up regardless of their status or ship.

Edit - and to clarify, I always deemed myself to be a clean, lawful player, but I'm going through a bit of a Walter White experience at the moment;)

It's the exposure to Bigmaec that does it. I hadn't fired a shot in anger at another player before I met him, now I'm totally corrupted! 😁

Deleted member 182079

D
I'd happily send all those system chat griefers to Davy Jone's Locker if they weren't hiding in Solo. Dead men tell no tales (or spam chat).
Judging from the topics at hand I'd be saddened if they were grown up men - a large part of it would seem more at home in the teenage incel section on 4chan:(

Guess I have to rename my FdL 'Crispy Chicken' ... uh, wrong franchise.

Welcome to the fun side. Heat is your friend now.

Rewatching my video against that 'Conda I'm really tempted to put a SRB overcharged thermal conduit PA in the huge slot.

Oh, no wounder the poor FdL was overheating like mad. Do you have all MCs incendiary?

I'm using one at the moment. I find it has the advantage of cooking itself fairly quickly, especially if you're firing your mediums at the same time. It really does make a mess of things, but balancing the heat can be a tricky and if you pair it with efficient medium PAs, your whole distro charge goes in a single salvo. For me the pip management was getting a bit crazy so I use low draw weapons for the mediums and stick with efficient for a full PA build.

I have one on my 2 booster-biweave and heat plus pip management is not fun, I mainly fly it like my shieldless builds. I might drop another efficient PA for a force-shell cannon to get it all a little bit more manageable.

It's the exposure to Bigmaec that does it. I hadn't fired a shot in anger at another player before I met him, now I'm totally corrupted!

I blame the fumes from the reactor shaft. I started shooting everything in sensor range long before I ran into BigMaec. Man, everybody and their mom is in Borann and I'm not. It's the Gnosis all over again😭.

Got my Imperial Hammers which I've fitted to my Krait, going to leave my Krait and FGS and a hauler taxi in the bubble and head back to Colonia in another Asp.

Will then buy more Hammers in Colonia and I've already got another FGS and Krait there so I'm building a little bubble fleet as well as my Colonia fleet.

Then to decide who to pledge to next, I've got Prismatic Shields, Packhounds as well as the Hammers so not sure. Maybe Advanced PA or Pacifier?

Top Bottom