New to the Raxxla hunt, but just looking at the codex entry, the key bits of information I took away are:

1. Known about since at least 2296.
The timeline here gives pretty specific info about the extent of human colonisation at that point, with Achenar seeming to be most recently colonised. Achenar to Sol is roughly 150 light years, so it's not unreasonable to assume Raxxla won't be much further than say 150 ly in any direction from sol.

2. The title 'princess astrophel and the Spiralling stars' is possibly a hint.
Astrophel translates as starlover, and spiralling stars are a specific type of binary system involving a wolf rayet star and a satellite star that spirals around it.

It seems to me that we should be looking closely at systems with wolf rayet stars with an accompanying binary within 150 light years of sol.

Using the star map I found lawd 26, which seems like an interesting candidate only 26 ly from sol - although the wolf rayet star orbits a white dwarf star, so I'm not sure it meets the criteria for a spiralling star.

I'm not sure how extensive the list on the site is, but the next closest is Hip 89535, which is 280 ly away but with 2 brown dwarfs in orbit. A bit outside the original target search area, but it would fit the bill better as an unknown location than one so close to sol.

Could be some interesting candidates to investigate for anybody in the area with time to spare.

Last edited:
New to the Raxxla hunt, but just looking at the codex entry, the key bits of information I took away are:

The timeline here gives pretty specific info about the extent of human colonisation at that point, with Achenar seeming to be most recently colonised. Achenar to Sol is roughly 150 light years, so it's not unreasonable to assume Raxxla won't be much further than say 150 ly in any direction from sol.

Astrophel translates as starlover, and spiralling stars are a specific type of binary system involving a wolf rayet star and a satellite star that spirals around it.

It seems to me that we should be looking closely at systems with wolf rayet stars with an accompanying binary within 150 light years of sol.

Using the star map I found lawd 26, which seems like an interesting candidate only 26 ly from sol - although the wolf rayet star orbits a white dwarf star, so I'm not sure it meets the criteria for a spiralling star.

I'm not sure how extensive the list on the site is, but the next closest is Hip 89535, which is 280 ly away but with 2 brown dwarfs in orbit. A bit outside the original target search area, but it would fit the bill better as an unknown location than one so close to sol.

Could be some interesting candidates to investigate for anybody in the area with time to spare.
Good plan of action. The road to Raxxla is very likely straightforward, many of us here are chasing shadows.

Right on Cmdr.

Come check out the Independent Raxxla Hunters discord -> https://discord.gg/AkZ3qx
We would be happy for you to join us. ... but please only use one of the IRH approved tinfoil hats below.
images.jpg

Small problem is ....EDSM is incomplete. 2 days ago I just added 5 new systems and fixed bodies in 10+. That was ...well, systems still had signals spawn - that was so close to bubble.

well if anyone wants to help me, lol...

I was looking at these three systems; Maia - Polaris - Zeta Cassiopea
They make a near perfect triangle on the galmap...

Zeta Cass being the jewel from the story, Maia I cant remember of the top of my head why now lol, and Polaris being permit locked for no reason what so ever, just feels like its a beacon or somthing. Anyways... if I can narrow down some systems in the reight area, i want to give them a look...
I've pretty much come too think Raxxla is not inside the bubble, because i remember somewhere reading that the real Dark Wheel station was supposed to be in a system "far from civilization, far enough to be considered of no value", now yes that could just mean, a place like the voyager craft, out in the middle of nowhere inside a system, but i think it more likely means the system itself is far enough away 99% of people would consider it worthless to bother going there for any reason.
Why Polaris? Or Zeta Cassiopea as the jewel.
My own opinion for the "Mother of Galaxies" would be the super massive black hole that is Sag A*. Being that it's a super massive black hole and the centre of our own Galaxy, a kind of mother of sorts to our own Milky Way and practically every other galaxy has it's own super massive black hole at the centre, their own "mother" giving birth to countless stars etc.. Just my own opinion but that's how I look at it.

Last edited:
Small problem is ....EDSM is incomplete. 2 days ago I just added 5 new systems and fixed bodies in 10+. That was ...well, systems still had signals spawn - that was so close to bubble.

Thought that might be the case.

The codex also lists a bunch of wolf rayonet stars supposedly found by npcs, although it doesn't seem to be exhaustive. There are maybe 4 or 5 listed in each sector.

This would probably be a more sensible resource to use than an Edsm as the tools to find raxxla should really be available to anybody without needing to turn to external sites that players made independently of the Devs.

The dates in the codex all suggest the stars were found in the 2100's regardless of where they are, which ruins my theory about the distance from sol, but i'm wondering if there may be further hints in the names of the discoverers.

One in the errant marches was discovered by 'thedarklord', which might tie in to the below line in the codex, but it Could also just be a coincidence.

'A number of conspiracy theories assert that Raxxla has already been discovered by either a sinister cabal or a lone individual who has harnessed Raxxla's power to become the shadow ruler of all of humanity'

Not sure if there is a way to format the list into a table for anybody who has ed on pc? It would be much easier to navigate that way.

I just came to ETA Cassiopeia, well... reading those names in system I could Imagine 1000 tin foil theories.
What if toast is like address: city, street, building, room. Then it could be star system + orients inside it. Maybe some habitat system with weird names.
'A number of conspiracy theories assert that Raxxla has already been discovered by either a sinister cabal or a lone individual who has harnessed Raxxla's power to become the shadow ruler of all of humanity'
This fits then. It can be some installation ...once you scan it, it will give you some message to follow.

Last edited:
Why Polaris? Or Zeta Cassiopea as the jewel.
My own opinion for the "Mother of Galaxies" would be the super massive black hole that is Sag A*. Being that it's a super massive black hole and the centre of our own Galaxy, a kind of mother of sorts to our own Milky Way and practically every other galaxy has it's own super massive black hole at the centre, their own "mother" giving birth to countless stars etc.. Just my own opinion but that's how I look at it.
In the relation between Sag A* and the stars of the Milkiway I cannot find an analogy to being a mother. What Sag A* does to a star coming to close is to rip it into pieces and suck it in. Not quite like giving birth...

In the relation between Sag A* and the stars of the Milkiway I cannot find an analogy to being a mother. What Sag A* does to a star coming to close is to rip it into pieces and suck it in. Not quite like giving birth...
Oh sorry, I could have worded it better. Thinking about it for a while, I should have said something like..

Sag A* being the super massive black hole at the centre of our milky way Galaxy and everything in the Milky Way orbits around it is (metaforically speaking) akin to something like a mother would do to keep to watch over her children (stars), Much like what every other Galaxy that has a super massive black hole at their centres are doing.

If anyone could word it any better then please do.

Last edited:
I just came to ETA Cassiopeia, well... reading those names in system I could Imagine 1000 tin foil theories.
What if toast is like address: city, street, building, room. Then it could be star system + orients inside it. Maybe some habitat system with weird names.

This fits then. It can be some installation ...once you scan it, it will give you some message to follow.
Also fits with obfuscation.

Also fits with the exoplanet theory (if within a system instance)

Am I right in thinking the clue to the "mother of all galaxies" isn't cassiopeia? Andromeda is a constellation as well as a galaxy? Her constellation is found near cassiopeia. Is our galaxy named after the same person? Sorry if this is a really stupid question, I don't know much or can grasp astronomy to well.

Am I right in thinking the clue to the "mother of all galaxies" isn't cassiopeia? Andromeda is a constellation as well as a galaxy? Her constellation is found near cassiopeia. Is our galaxy named after the same person? Sorry if this is a really stupid question, I don't know much or can grasp astronomy to well.

We are in the Milky Way galaxy... Andromeda is the closest to us i believe

Hey thanks. I've just been told by a friend that the galaxy andromeda is included in the constellation. As in when we look at that constellation we see andromeda. I just never knew that. I was the same, I thought more along the lines of what created the galaxy.

Hey thanks. I've just been told by a friend that the galaxy andromeda is included in the constellation. As in when we look at that constellation we see andromeda. I just never knew that. I was the same, I thought more along the lines of what created the galaxy.

I also believe Cassieopea was the mother of andromeda, thats why its the mother of galaxies, atleast, why its mostly been accepted as the mother of galaxies

Top Bottom