Update there A/B/C coordinates, take from EDSM
In "main" (very bottom) update what u want to find, currently it gives center of circle inside triangle ABC. I.e. it is a point on equal range from AB-BC-CA routes.
It will print a link to query edsm, just paste in browser.

But..for example, i did'nt finish "equal remote from a-b-c" - as it will be line intersecting surface abc. Need 4th point.

AND BTW, thanks for the link, i finally got 5 min to sit down and use it, edit it with my coordinates, but THANKS, huge help, now I can triagulate from any 3 systems I want, I've got a few I wanted to try, but its been so long I gotta look em all up again, lol

But thanks, I got a different result for centroid using your code than the picture I was given, so im going to check out about 20 or so systems around each one... they are not far far from each other, but slightly off...

I also believe Cassieopea was the mother of andromeda, thats why its the mother of galaxies, atleast, why its mostly been accepted as the mother of galaxies
That makes a lot of sense to me. I didn't have a clue what Cassiopea was.
I only have a Worn Texan hat being an ED Nomad of sorts (since Horizons) just etching a living wherever I lay my landing gear and not an explorer as such.
On another note, does "The Holdstock Report" hold any water?
Bit's in there about the Guardians also mention OISIR-RAXXLA or more specifically the phrase "Raxxlan robotics" indicating it is or was an actual place, or is this totally unrelated.

Am I right in thinking the clue to the "mother of all galaxies" isn't cassiopeia? Andromeda is a constellation as well as a galaxy? Her constellation is found near cassiopeia. Is our galaxy named after the same person? Sorry if this is a really stupid question, I don't know much or can grasp astronomy to well.
I believe, in mythology, Cassiopeia was the mother of Andromeda

Edit ninja'd

I only have a Worn Texan hat being an ED Nomad of sorts (since Horizons) just etching a living wherever I lay my landing gear and not an explorer as such.
Bit's in there about the Guardians also mention OISIR-RAXXLA or more specifically the phrase "Raxxlan robotics" indicating it is or was an actual place, or is this totally unrelated.

-_-" No idea, to be honest, but im going too look into it, thats for sure, lmao

Oh sorry, I could have worded it better. Thinking about it for a while, I should have said something like..

Sag A* being the super massive black hole at the centre of our milky way Galaxy and everything in the Milky Way orbits around it is (metaforically speaking) akin to something like a mother would do to keep to watch over her children (stars), Much like what every other Galaxy that has a super massive black hole at their centres are doing.

If anyone could word it any better then please do.
Just a discussion and I also could have described better why I do not think that SagA* is this "mother of galaxies" (just my opinion): For me the mother of a galaxy should somehow be the reason why the galaxy exists. And about SagA* I think its part of the galaxy. Surely SagA* is the most heavy end extreme part – but still a part of the galaxy. And that's why I do not believe that SagA* will help us here…
Anyway, I have somewhat run out of ideas about the whole Raxxla thing and a theory that can be discussed is something I appreciate, even if I don't agree.

AND BTW, thanks for the link, i finally got 5 min to sit down and use it, edit it with my coordinates, but THANKS, huge help, now I can triagulate from any 3 systems I want, I've got a few I wanted to try, but its been so long I gotta look em all up again, lol

But thanks, I got a different result for centroid using your code than the picture I was given, so im going to check out about 20 or so systems around each one... they are not far far from each other, but slightly off...
Or maybe 6 systems.
1. To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies!
2. To the whisperer in witchspace,
3. the siren of the deepest void!
4. The parent's grief,
5. the lover's woe,
6. and the yearning of our vagabond hearts.
To Raxxla!

I have been lurking more than contributing as my local shop has not had any tin foil recently (panic buyers and all) but I have not seen any debunking from a certain psychotic penguin. Anyone know if he is still hunting/parallaxing?

Not appeared here for a long time. Did find one of his posts not so long ago on a thread when I was doing a forum search. Perhaps he was inducted into TDW and cant talk any more to the tinfoil brigade!

Or maybe 6 systems.
4. The parent's grief,
5. the lover's woe,
To Raxxla!

YES!! thats what Id LIKE to do, but I cant associate systems with all 6 points, but YES, 6 woul;d be best, following stargate principals lol

Robert Holdstock wrote The Dark Wheel novella that accompanied the first Elite game back in 1980s. He also wrote other scifi under other noms de plume and OISIR-RAXXLA was an alien race in one of those books. Hence he was the first to coin the word RAXXLA and wrote it into the Elite novella. Raxxla has been, for the first time, implemented in-game for Elite Dangerous. We have it on good authority that it’s in the Milky Way, but we dont know what it is. 🙂

I had recently been back to NGC 7822 just because how pretty it is and still close enough to the bubble to not miss any of my bgs work. Anyways, after looking at some of my pictures i realized, from the right perspective it could be something written in Braille. I wasnt there when i though this so i didnt get to look from all angle, just a thought.

Idk if braille is the same universally or not but if it is it would be a good way to include all languages

So most likely Cassiopeia

Some Thargoid system? Maybe Polaris(That was the locked one right?)

The sister Systems? Pleiades? There where Tharogoid things too right? Is there a black hole maybe?

4. The parent's grief,
I have no clue, maybe also some greek mythology stuff?

5. the lover's woe,
Also - no clue what it could be to be fair.

Could mean the Dark Wheel System? Or maybe Raxxla itself?

check main at bottom, code can do 2 different calculations - "center of inner circle" and "mass center" which are different points. mass center is commented out by // there. Remove that sign to have that link too.

To the whisperer in witchspace
I always thought it is NS. If you target it by FSS scanner it will whisper like ghost. Also it is related to WS as it boosts fsd.
To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies!
Lately I have 2 options - W-R star as it can do spirals OR/AND HOT NS like Jameson Lighthouse. Those NS has over 3Sols Mass which is impossible and billion degree near. Also it has special picture in witch space - it is huge shiny thing.

On parents' grief and constellations i got this excerpt from a wiki

The constellation is said to have astrological influences as well. It is said that any man born at the same time Andromeda is said to rise from the sea will be one without mercy; he will be emotionally unmoved even in the presence of grieving parents.

Another reference to Andromeda and Cassiopeia by proxy.

Some will have been around for the medusa cobra thing that happened in game, im not sure if its still doable or not but in the end you're led to a cobra 3 npc with a medusa skin named Cetus Bane. Cetus was the name of a sea monster Poseidon created to punish the world for Cassiopeia's claims of being more beautiful than the gods.

Edit: completely unrelated to this but I've recently decided that I think Felicia Winters and A Lavigny-Duvall are clones. Have fun

My best opinion on the Mother of galaxies, would actually be the center of our entire Universe, the place wher "the big bang" happend. But I cant apply that location into the game or the poem
There is no center of universe because big bang happened everywhere simultaneously. It's just space-time expanding. Think of it like changing the scale of units of space.
In the relation between Sag A* and the stars of the Milkiway I cannot find an analogy to being a mother. What Sag A* does to a star coming to close is to rip it into pieces and suck it in. Not quite like giving birth...
On contrary, when sup mas black hole eats mass it also generates around self so much energy, that it creates galactic waves of matter thickness with creates new stars en masse. You should read about that. Of course super energetic quasars make so much energy that it can push gas just away and stop star creation.
Also interesting about galactic spirals:

Last edited:
On parents' grief and constellations i got this excerpt from a wiki

The constellation is said to have astrological influences as well. It is said that any man born at the same time Andromeda is said to rise from the sea will be one without mercy; he will be emotionally unmoved even in the presence of grieving parents.

Another reference to Andromeda and Cassiopeia by proxy.

Some will have been around for the medusa cobra thing that happened in game, im not sure if its still doable or not but in the end you're led to a cobra 3 npc with a medusa skin named Cetus Bane. Cetus was the name of a sea monster Poseidon created to punish the world for Cassiopeia's claims of being more beautiful than the gods.

Edit: completely unrelated to this but I've recently decided that I think Felicia Winters and A Lavigny-Duvall are clones. Have fun

Yes, Cetus’ Bane is still in-game (Algol, one planet is surprisingly 100% metal. I thought it might be one of the Guardian Ark ships but could find no evidence); I posted on it just last week.

Cetus’ Bane is a reference to Perseus who killed Poseidon’s sea monster Cetus (turned it to stone using Medusa’s severed head) to save Andromeda, who was chained to a rock as a sacrifice to Cetus in order to appease Poseidon. Andromeda’s arrogant and vain mother Queen Cassiopeia had claimed she and her daughter were more beautiful than all the Nereids, the daughters of the sea god Nereus. This brought the wrath of Poseidon, ruling god of the sea.

There is no center of universe because big bang happened everywhere simultaneously. It's just space-time expanding. Think of it like changing the scale of units of space.

On contrary, when sup mas black hole eats mass it also generates around self so much energy, that it creates galactic waves of matter thickness with creates new stars en masse. You should read about that. Of course super energetic quasars make so much energy that it can push gas just away and stop star creation.
Also interesting about galactic spirals:

The Milky Way has satellite galaxies, the Local Group which includes the two Magellanic Clouds plus some others. Hence Sag A* could legitimately be viewed as the mother of galaxies.

Yes, Cetus’ Bane is still in-game (Algol, one planet is surprisingly 100% metal. I thought it might be one of the Guardian Ark ships but could find no evidence); I posted on it just last week.

Cetus’ Bane is a reference to Perseus who killed Poseidon’s sea monster Cetus (turned it to stone using Medusa’s severed head) to save Andromeda, who was chained to a rock as a sacrifice to Cetus in order to appease Poseidon. Andromeda’s arrogant and vain mother Queen Cassiopeia had claimed she and her daughter were more beautiful than all the Nereids, the daughters of the sea god Nereus. This brought the wrath of Poseidon, ruling god of the sea.
Poseidon is Neptune. Idk if that is connected.

I wonder if lover's woe could refer to Penelope, Odysseus' wife, queen of Ithaca Odysseus was an Argonaut who was lost for ten years while returning from the trojan war in The Odyssey. There were siren songs in that tale. And Poseidon/neptune.

I think we chased this rabbit before or we might still be lost in its hole...

Top Bottom