General / Off-Topic The safest place

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yes, we should continue to let the mobs burn down homes, buildings, businesses and violently attack law enforcement with no response what so ever :rolleyes:
no, better to keep killing and discriminating against non-white people. These people who are losing businesses ever did something for them? or many are voters of a guy who defends the KKK?Why should people who are destroying and stealing things care about those people who do nothing for them?

In democracy, there are different ways of doing things, and your president chose the worst.
He is getting what he deserves,your freedom and democracy is a big lie and it's going to ruin.

Yes, we should continue to let the mobs burn down homes, buildings, businesses and violently attack law enforcement with no response what so ever :rolleyes:

There is a small gap between "no response what so ever" and what is happening now. I have to admit it has been an absolute joy to see independent thinkers pivot from "asking people not to get a haircut for a few weeks is fascism!" to "heavily militarized cops opening fire on unarmed non-violent citizens on their own sub-urban porches is fine."

Police, as usual, take an unstable situation and make it that much worse by behaving as lawlessly and indiscriminately as the looters and arsonists they are ostensibly trying to protect people from. Too many cops, too poor standards for recruiting/training them, and broken systems for holding them accountable.

There will always be elements waiting to take advantage of unrest, but attacking and rounding up non-violent protesters and bystanders isn't helping, even if they are technically violating social distancing restrictions in some areas. Corralling people then arresting them en masse or beating the crap out of them to send them to crowded hospitals is exactly the opposite of helpful. The fact that the police don't seem to be able to reliably distinguish bystanders or protesters from looters and vandals, or can't be bothered to try, is just proving to their critics that they are even worse than they thought.

I think we'll see another spike in COVID-19 deaths in a month or so due to a combination of premature easing of mitigations and the inane responses to current unrest.

I'm surprised that no American considers his government's measures authoritarian ...

I'm not sure what gave you that impression.

It's good for the economy damaged by the Covid because where there is destruction, there is reconstruction. 🤑

Great America again.

A sad country the United States. :(

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

Last edited:
Too many cops, too poor standards for recruiting/training them, and broken systems for holding them accountable.

On average it appears to be 15 weeks of training to become a cop in the US. That is barely more than what my government demanded of me to become the absolute lowest rank of call-center employee for the IRS. Over here the lowest rang of police officer is attained after approximately 140 weeks of training. And then you don't get APCs or any of that nonsense; you are ready to walk the streets and talk to the citizens you serve. You sure as heck dont get to 'light them up!'.

And for what it is worth; failure to wear a mask in public transport disqualifies you instantly from serving the force. My brother is a judge, and from his class a student (mind you, all of them obtained their masters in Law) was formally dismissed by the Supreme Court for walking a red traffic light. For a very obvious reason: if you cant stick to the rules yourself you dont get to judge others. Period. Watching this madness from the USA is baffling...

Ahh but you know the independent thinkers won't use that argument. The one they will use is that their research using a wide variety of sources (infowars mainly) has told them that every single person out in the streets are looters and criminals and probably all members of Antifa.

the opposition in Spain says that the protesters are street terrorists or millionaires progressists, can it be more ridiculous?

Brazil's case count and death rate had just surpassed the US, before their society decided to get someone "to hold my beer and watch this". If that someone were me, I'd leave the bar immediately.

Many jokey comments, puns and nicknames redacted. The only way to laugh at this is hysterically. Enormous numbers of people are going to be affected by the likely outbreak expansion.

Brazil's case count and death rate had just surpassed the US, before their society decided to get someone "to hold my beer and watch this". If that someone were me, I'd leave the bar immediately.

Many jokey comments, puns and nicknames redacted. The only way to laugh at this is hysterically. Enormous numbers of people are going to be affected by the likely outbreak expansion.

Where did you read that? The John Hopkins website reports about 1.8 million cases in the US and 0.5 million in Brazil.

Where did you read that? The John Hopkins website reports about 1.8 million cases in the US and 0.5 million in Brazil.

The daily counts. From yesterday. 1232>1134 deaths, 27k cases >21.8k cases.

I will agree that law enforcement training could and should be better. It varies from state to state, city to city based on needs, funding and size. It is not, for the most part: 14 weeks, a gun and a patrol car alund you on your own. Junior police officers are often partnered with a more experienced officer for up to 1 or 2 years before ever being given a squad car.

If the local government refuses to do anything to protect property then citizens will just take matters into their own hands. Which Im fine with.

These riots have vastly grown far and beyond the "peaceful protests" over an unjustified death.

There are going to be very significant effects on retail locations re-opening, and real estate as well. Tax revenues will go down.

How long until I can move to Trinidad?

no, better to keep killing and discriminating against non-white people. These people who are losing businesses ever did something for them? or many are voters of a guy who defends the KKK?Why should people who are destroying and stealing things care about those people who do nothing for them?

In democracy, there are different ways of doing things, and your president chose the worst.
He is getting what he deserves,your freedom and democracy is a big lie and it's going to ruin.

hey hey... so we can discuss politics and religion now in here? I always wondered about the limitations...
These posts have been up for nigh 3 hours now.... do responses get equal time before removal or how is that sorted?

asking for a friend...

o7

The daily counts. From yesterday. 1232>1134 deaths, 27k cases >21.8k cases.

Ah ok, its just that you said case count.

I will agree that law enforcement training could and should be better. It varies from state to state, city to city based on needs, funding and size. It is not, for the most part: 14 weeks, a gun and a patrol car alund you on your own. Junior police officers are often partnered with a more experienced officer for up to 1 or 2 years before ever being given a squad car.

If the local government refuses to do anything to protect property then citizens will just take matters into their own hands. Which Im fine with.

These riots have vastly grown far and beyond the "peaceful protests" over an unjustified death.

Given the looters seem to represent a certain demographics, I wonder what came earlier, the egg or the chicken. Looting is totally unacceptable and should be stopped with overwhelming response IMHO.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom