Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

Ok thanks, that's strange. This is what I see:

View attachment 179890
This is "stock" setting from your files as far as I can tell.
Well something is wrong... Anybody else seeing this? This looks to be a problem with your .ini file. If I can get a "second the motion" (somebody else has the same problem), I'll audit the .ini file I uploaded yesterday.
Also, this file: 4db942934cad0b29-ps_replace (1).txt .... is it supposed to have the (1) suffix? This is how it downloads?
Nope, that shouldn't be there. Your browser will often add the (1) if that file was already in your download folder.

He made public that I've been playing around on my own personal computer. That's a very different thing than releasing the actual shader files to the public. That's why I'll start small, with just a couple of shaders, and we'll see what Frontier says. I must admit, Frontier's silence seems a bit "permissive", as they could easily have sent me a PM warning me not to publish the shaders if that was an issue. I suspect it's a bit a murky topic, since shaders are kinda like HTML - the code is there for anyone to access for those who know how. It doesn't require any sort of "hacking" or even accessing any of ED's files. Viewing shader code is really not much different than right-clicking and selecting "View Page Source" on this web page, from a technical perspective.
Yeah, saying nothing is also saying something I guess.

Ok, my error. I removed the suffix. The issue as shown in the screenshot is still present.
Have you tried redownloading the d3dx file and using it as-is? Once you verify it works (or doesn't), then you can modify it to your personal preference.

Someday soon I hope to be getting a second-hand laptop which I can use for testing my "public builds" of these mods, assuming the graphics system of that laptop can handle ED. It's a freebee, so I won't know until I get it. If ED ran native under Linux, it would be trivial for me to mount and unmount separate developer vs public build trees for testing purposes. Anywho, this mod is just a hobby for me, so I'll need everyone's help testing (with ideally multiple people reporting any bugs).

Have you tried redownloading the d3dx file and using it as-is?

Yes, I tried it all from scratch as double check. As Old Duck says, would be interesting to know if anyone else has the same issue as me, or if it's just me.

Last edited:
That could be a hash that I shared previously, if you added that it will reduce the amount of hud elements but not like the Old Duck's F1. I have no idea what was that as I don't use it for a time but can do a quick compare if you can upload your d3dx.ini

@Old Duck I see you are deep in the ps_replace now, could you able to separate the "Hide Hud" hashes to 2d textures and replace the dirty fingered cracky window textures with blank ones to finally get rid of that blinding damn thing?

For the sake of the year 3000's we can hyperjump but our windows are dirty? please.

I can do the separation and providing the emptied texture file, but still have no idea how to replace it.

Done it long time ago but it was sth like t4 in one of the F1 codes. so I don't know if even replacing necessary if it can be get ridden with 0 saturation&alpha etc.

Thanks so much!!! I just tested your latest shaders and the realistic Milky Way made me super happy! That's how I always wanted it to look! Start look now like really powerful fusion driven bodies and the removal of the holographic boxes around landing pads is also very much welcomed!

Thanks!!

I think all these should be options included in the game by default

My FSS:

FSS.png

MORE dust? Are you talking about the stuff that I tend to call "snow" that you fly through when flying around? I ask because you specifically mention normal space.

Yup, that’s what I meant. Helps with FA/off flying.

While you can't add more, the brightness of that snow can theoretically be dialed up

There was a way with the old dust buster mod, at least that’s what I found searching. That’s why I hoped there still would be one :)

This mod looks great. Never knew about it till today. I’ll try to give it a try over my next weekend. Quick question (sorry if it’s been answered in the last 33 pages) ... can the “space warp stars” be turned off while keeping the “vectoring dust” in normal space turned on?

I'll let you know when I get back. Right now I'm heading out into deep space for a season.

Any "Handling=skip" will bypass the shader, whether it's my custom shader or ED's default shader, so it's easy to toggle the black sky like you normally would. As for how my shaders respond to any other settings or Reshade or anything like that, you'll just have to try it and see. 🤷
Well something is wrong... Anybody else seeing this? This looks to be a problem with your .ini file. If I can get a "second the motion" (somebody else has the same problem), I'll audit the .ini file I uploaded yesterday.

Nope, that shouldn't be there. Your browser will often add the (1) if that file was already in your download folder.
Limited time right now so can't read all responses. I observed the exact same thing yesterday.

@Old Duck I see you are deep in the ps_replace now, could you able to separate the "Hide Hud" hashes to 2d textures and replace the dirty fingered cracky window textures with blank ones to finally get rid of that blinding damn thing?
In theory, yes, but right at the moment I'm scratching my own itches first, LOL. Once I finish on the things I'm currently working on, I'll take a look at it. I actually don't mind the scratches when I'm two feet away from the sun, but like most things in this game, they are turned up way too high. I've got a ton of shaders where I keep stuff but just dial it back - station spotlights, hangar fog, hologram adverts, etc. Less is more, especially in VR!

This mod looks great. Never knew about it till today. I’ll try to give it a try over my next weekend. Quick question (sorry if it’s been answered in the last 33 pages) ... can the “space warp stars” be turned off while keeping the “vectoring dust” in normal space turned on?
Replace the "space snow" shader number with this: 13c7cd6955a2b95e

For the fun of it, I modified my "warp stars" to be something a little more Trek-like. It's a bit too "8 bit" for me at the moment, but I think I can clean it up with a little effort.

Attachments

• Warp.jpg
    Warp.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 215

There are some shader edits listed on Page 13 of this thread if you want to remove the hyperspace clouds. Not the hyperspace stars though.

I observed the exact same thing yesterday.
Help me out (anybody) - when are you seeing this, when you first start the game or after pressing F1? What would really be helpful is to have a screenshot of the three F1 states (full HUD, partial HUD, and no HUD).

Also, make sure you are all using version

of 3DMigoto!

Last edited:
Hi Old Duck. I am in 1.3.16. Clean ‘install’ of 3dmigato and your base .ini file, no amendments. It happens right after I press F1 once. Radar disappears, most other displays remain, as per my screen grab. Am on Horizons 64. No other mods. Win7 64bit.

Hi Old Duck. I am in 1.3.16. Clean ‘install’ of 3dmigato and your base .ini file, no amendments. It happens right after I press F1 once. Radar disappears, most other displays remain, as per my screen grab. Am on Horizons 64. No other mods. Win7 64bit.
If you press F1 again, you get ALL of the HUD visible, correct? In other words, the "weird" mode is the "no HUD at all" mode IIRC.

Correct. All other modes and functions work as intended
This is the line in the .ini file that turns off the section of your HUD that's not going away when it should:
Code:
[ShaderOverrideInternalHUD]
Hash=f6f4895ec35cc873
if $hideHUD > 1
  Handling=skip
endif

Help me out (anybody) - when are you seeing this, when you first start the game or after pressing F1? What would really be helpful is to have a screenshot of the three F1 states (full HUD, partial HUD, and no HUD).

Also, make sure you are all using version

of 3DMigoto!

Here are the images I took [on a clean ED install]

Initial image

pXOo4Lw.jpg

After first F1 press

zMlPgI6.jpg

After second F1 press

s0qfOdR.jpg

Hope this helps

MP

Last edited: