A new LTD3 has just been discovered (credit to /u/mitro735)

Behold...
5Qs1y5.png

"The Egg"
easy to find... just follow the youtube tutorials (found it first attempt)

Y0z6Qz.png

After Mining the Sub Surface deposits, lasering the asteroid and a couple of surrounding 25 - 35% rocks, after 24 mins (2x sets of Collector Limpets) i finished with this..
The Egg alone gave me 75 LTD's (126 total)

hSkg1C.png

As the Asteroids are the same each time you enter/reset the instance its easy to work a route, to find the most efficient method to fill your hold.
you don't need to solo farm the egg over and over again, not with all of the surrounding high density rocks in the area

I would interpret it in the exact opposite way. FDev knows the bug exists and wants to patch it out (even if they failed). It has therefore been stated explicitly that it is unintended and using it is a clear exploit. Make of that what you will.

Sorry, but that makes no sense whatsoever.

The way the egg used to work was a bug, apparently (since fdev have put some effort into changing it, they clearly must have recognized it as some unintended behaviour).

They patched it (added a cooldown timer) and even included a statement in the patch notes claiming "it has been fixed", which means that what the current implementation does is how it's supposed to work.

Last edited:
Sorry, but that makes no sense whatsoever.

The way the egg used to work was a bug, apparently (since fdev have put some effort into changing it, they clearly must have recognized it as some unintended behaviour).

They patched it (added a cooldown timer) and even included a statement in the patch notes claiming "it has been fixed", which means that what the current implementation does is how it's supposed to work.
Sorry, but your logic makes no sense whatsoever. They intended to fix it. They obviously failed due to lack of testing what people were actually doing. They are clearly aware of the exploit still being in the game. Expect new patch sooner rather than later if it is at all possible for them to fix this.

Sorry, but your logic makes no sense whatsoever. They intended to fix it. They obviously failed due to lack of testing what people were actually doing. They are clearly aware of the exploit still being in the game. Expect new patch sooner rather than later if it is at all possible for them to fix this.

No, they said they had fixed it.

Or do you think they are not only incompetent (incapable of fixing the bugs in their own code) but even lazy (don't bother to check the effects of the changes they make) and liars (claiming something has been fixed without making sure if it's actually the case)?

That's a bit too much, don't you think?

Anecdotally, I have made two runs to test it out for sub-surface mining, one in a Python (192+6) and one in a Corvette (384+10). Both were the fastest runs I have done since patch 1 hit and SSD mining was slightly nerfed and I did feel I did extremely well on either run.
Third run. This is stupid:
1594122489760.png

Including the 6 tons in the refinery, that's 789 tons/hour.

I dont even bother with mining.
I have 2 carriers with buy order sets... and now both of them are full... more than 32000 tons of LTD waiting for a better price :D

Last edited:
I'm such a lightweight, sitting on only 5000 LTDs waiting for the magic price to pop.
I am sitting on 22.5k out of which I have mined around 5k myself and acquired the rest through buy orders. (Pre patch 2 I also mined around 10k and hauled it to station.) The carrier is now full (unless I get rid of my tritium reserves). Time to do something else while waiting for that high-sell system. Maybe crashing a few sidewinders and vipers ...

I am sitting on 22.5k out of which I have mined around 5k myself and acquired the rest through buy orders. (Pre patch 2 I also mined around 10k and hauled it to station.) The carrier is now full (unless I get rid of my tritium reserves). Time to do something else while waiting for that high-sell system. Maybe crashing a few sidewinders and vipers ...
I might have too much tritium, now that you mention it.

Top Bottom