Fleet Carriers - Patch 3 - Known Issues

Yes the update has broken parts of the game but flying around the bubble without having to worry about mauve adder is great due to majority of the fleet carriers being in the mining systems.

Also if you have flown your fleet carrier out to the mining systems or wherever you are going without enough fuel to get back then fdev are not to blame for that as you should have been better prepared. You wouldn't leave to go anywhere without a fuel scoop would you? No different with tritium.

Ever heard of the saying a workman will always blame his tools.

Apples and oranges. The fuel scoop for a fleet carrier is a decent mining ship, not a hold full of tritium.

Speaking as a professional dev with 37+ years of coding experience, it is now pretty clear that we've established that it IS utter incompetence on the part of your Dev teams and QC that they keep rolling out broken patch after broken patch after broken patch. Please explain how such a thoroughly broken implementation managed to get past both dev-testing AND through a QC cycle? This is not the first time you have completely broken the game, though it is, admittedly, the most extreme. GET YOUR S**T IN ORDER.

C'mon man. A decrease in payout's doesn't warrant an such a response.

If you have that much experience should be able to infer what they are working with and post solutions. If you have that experience, then show constructively.

Speaking as a professional dev with 37+ years of coding experience, it is now pretty clear that we've established that it IS utter incompetence on the part of your Dev teams and QC that they keep rolling out broken patch after broken patch after broken patch. Please explain how such a thoroughly broken implementation managed to get past both dev-testing AND through a QC cycle? This is not the first time you have completely broken the game, though it is, admittedly, the most extreme. GET YOUR S**T IN ORDER.
So why don't you get a job with FDev and show them how it's done? Seriously. You're obviously a real expert at this and know exactly what needs to be done to shake them up and get the game straight. I'm sure that they all be delighted to pay you to do that.

No, the game is NOT fine right now. FCs are stranded in the black because there is no tritium to be found, markets are oscillating wildly, hotspots are yielding less than 1/10th what they were when they were supposed to be buffed, and they don't contain the commodities that they should. It is highly, highly, highly unlikely that this is affecting every player in the game but you.

Yes but you should at least keep 2k worth of tritium on board even for the nearest mining spot

2K worth of tritium won't get you very far and what then? A round-trip to Colonia if you're buying tritium at the current rate of 40K/t is roughly 1.6B credits. I absolutely agree that keeping a cache of tritium in the hold is always a good idea, but the point of fleet carriers is to travel huge distances and to do that you need to be able to refuel out there in the black. Right now that's impossible.

This does not mention the abrasion blaster no longer working on core rocks if you’ve used any other mining method before planting charges.

yep, this worries me. Deep core mining is broken right now because of this bug and there is no mention they’re doing anything about it. FDev, please acknowledge and fix this. It sucks the joy out of deep core mining.

Any reasoning on that? Seems arbitrary.

Unless it’s really just because you can’t properly fix the display bug for total volume m)
Players with unlimited funds were putting buy orders up too close to the maximum possible sell price, like for 20000 ltds at 1.5mil
Modestly rich players couldn't compete with those prices, and after sucking up all the diamonds those carriers were able to see a profit through sheer volume alone.
A 2bil buffer is probably what most carrier pilots are sitting on so everyone has a better chance of competing. The ultra rich can still pull the same tactic but they can no longer set and forget it.

New supply/demand changes make trading alot more dynamic than before.
Fdev, please monitor this.. since alot of people raised concerns about supply/demand dropping very fast.

I wonder what kind of development you in were during those 37 years, label printing software?
Most of my career I've been working on high end compression and encryption applications, tough stuff with very little room for error, I don't even want to think about developing a complex game like ED though.

Please don't swing your expertise around without having something constructive to say or something to show for, it looks very unprofessional and takes away your credibilty imho.

You're living in the past, coding hasn't been like that for years. Especially game dev. Users are the testers, main bugs get worked out by professional testers and then it gets released and bugs get reported by actual users. While their reporting is worse than professional tester reports, there will be much more of it, including special cases that get overlooked.

2K worth of tritium won't get you very far and what then? A round-trip to Colonia if you're buying tritium at the current rate of 40K/t is roughly 1.6B credits. I absolutely agree that keeping a cache of tritium in the hold is always a good idea, but the point of fleet carriers is to travel huge distances and to do that you need to be able to refuel out there in the black. Right now that's impossible.

Why are you paying 40k a tonne when you can pick it up for 4k a tonne?

2k worth fo

Oftritium would get you to the quadrable hotspot and back which is further than the triple.

Obviously if you are going somewhere like colonia then you need to buy the fuel accordingly.

Remember the other week when we has that bloke on here who declared he was 37 and that he'd "probably been playing games since before most of you lot were born"?

If 42 is the answer to life, the universe and everything, then 37 seems to be the number of experts.

Players with unlimited funds were putting buy orders up too close to the maximum possible sell price, like for 20000 ltds at 1.5mil
Modestly rich players couldn't compete with those prices, and after sucking up all the diamonds those carriers were able to see a profit through sheer volume alone.
Exact same thing now, except more micro management involved.

Not convinced.

Greetings Commanders,

Thanks for your feedback on the latest patch! We understand that some of the changes had unexpected effects and want to address them:

Overlapping Hotspots Commodity Distribution
With Patch 3 we implemented a change that was primarily intended to bring down the effects of multiple overlapping hotspots, especially on rarer commodities (such as Low Temperature Diamonds). We're currently looking at data from the live game to determine the actual impact that it is having and will review this based on our projections. If the data does not meet our expectations we will be making changes accordingly.

Tritium
One of the most noted points of feedback we've seen so far is that the rarity of Tritium has been negatively impacted. We'd like to make it clear that any negative impact on locating and mining Tritium is unintentional and the intention is for Tritium to remain as accessible as it was prior to Patch 3.

Limited Purchasing on Fleet Carriers
Fleet Carrier purchase orders are now limited to a maximum order of 2bn Credits. This was omitted from the patch notes and we apologise for any confusion this has caused.

Console Players
A small update will take place tomorrow around midday for Xbox and Playstation users. This update won't contain any noticeable changes, but lays the groundwork for future bug fixes.

Finally, we would like to thank you all for your great feedback, we have been listening and watching and we appreciate your patience and support.

o7 Commanders.

Megaship Piracy? Known Issue:

That's very reassuring, thanks. Phew.
That said, I'm missing the broken abrasion laser in the list (for SDs on cracked up core remnants. SDs on intact surfaces are fine). This I can say for sure with Tritium surface deposits, although others have reported the same for a different material. So I suppose all SDs are affected (again: only in the inner debris of broken cores).

I can say with experience that Abrasion Blasters are definitely bugged on LTD cores. Not heard of Trit problems, only an absence of it. I've used the Blasters on Void Opal cores this evening without problems. But in the same game instance, I couldn't shift a LTD deposit from a cracked core at a range of 20 metres.

Pls put the fighter exploit back in the game (like 5* material grind) - and let the Background Simulation fix the LTD price - as the supply and demand changes. Lets LTD 300-400k/ton and lets another minerals to mine like GRA VOI or another minerals.

You're living in the past, coding hasn't been like that for years. Especially game dev. Users are the testers, main bugs get worked out by professional testers and then it gets released and bugs get reported by actual users. While their reporting is worse than professional tester reports, there will be much more of it, including special cases that get overlooked.
Then I come ... and fix 16 mb of code during 2 years alone, doing 5000 changes in 2 mins by global search just to make things anyhow work :D. yeh, speaking about mmo server - had been fixing open source wow server until they made classic live and I had to pause.

I can say agile is bad, tdd is bad. Because I had such things like starting to fix random mob walk and end up somewhere in mails delivery. You cannot just do sprints for that. They just "sprint fixed" rocks and broke fighting. They need men who will keep general plan in head, and they should not bound or be paid for sprints or writting tests ahead. Plan first, then maybe tests.

Last edited:
C'mon man. A decrease in payout's doesn't warrant an such a response.

If you have that much experience should be able to infer what they are working with and post solutions. If you have that experience, then show constructively.

I agree with your point, but that's not actually the point for this situation.

If people were complaining because LTDs were not peaking a sell price at 1 million, you'd be completely correct.

This is (currently, and hopefully a mistake that will soon be rectified) effectively a complete removal of any hotspots in the game by removing all valuable minerals and replacing them with worthless ones.

How about you just revert the changes made, limit the ltd price to 400-500k per along with stuff like VO/Panite if your worried about commodities being overpriced, allow players to bulk buy tritium for 4-5k but lower the sell values in stations, keep the fighter glitch patched and increase values of things like bounty hunting and main missions to balance out fund raising, alow miners to mine and earn some profit, fighters/traders to continue earning along the same lines and actually balance the market at the same time.

Make ED great again!

Top Bottom