Colonia On The Brink of War

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
What's the CIDE connection I heard about?

They're one of the original Colonia player groups. None to happy when we moved in last year. Things slowly escalated over time. We've been fighting with them over the past six months and shortly before my original post they made their intention to wipe us out abundantly clear.

Naturally the only thing to do was for the Reapers to make like a ringmaster and turn it into all kinds of crazy fun. :D

They're one of the original Colonia player groups. None to happy when we moved in last year. Things slowly escalated over time. We've been fighting with them over the past six months and shortly before my original post they made their intention to wipe us out abundantly clear.

Naturally the only thing to do was for the Reapers to make like a ringmaster and turn it into all kinds of crazy fun. :D

Colonia_Phisto.gif explains the spice levels

eb50858e4f588b97ea18f5a169870f0d.gif

I feel you, we fought a bitter war with them back when we were gard. They spread like cancer through federation space. They must be opposed, if only for reasons of galactic balance.

Oh, hotspots really are NOTspots currently, I didn't realise just how messed up the last couple of patches had made them... 200 limpets, 80 minutes, 64t Tritium 🤮
I may have to withdraw that offer until Monday's patch hopefull make Hotspots HOT once more, sorry - It'd take 12 hours to fill the Cutter!

We tried many times to no avail. There are other groups in the bubble who have no nice thing to say about them. Once their Dear Leader sets his eyes on you they throw everything at you until you "eradicated". As they are a large sqdrn they just throw people after people at the problem.

Yeah but it seems like quite a few people don't like your group either. Can't imagine why ;)

Diplomacy is underrated imo.

Yeah but it seems like quite a few people don't like your group either. Can't imagine why

We have a healthy amount of allies up here and in the bubble. You would not believe who would be flying together if the shipyard is at danger. The whole conflict is still in it's infancy and will not be over for a long time.

Lately I'm going with Phisto's approach to diplomacy. Shoot first, ask question later.

We have a healthy amount of allies up here and in the bubble.

Yeah. You have some enemies too though, don't you? Probably some because "anarchy = bad", but there are others, with different reasons to want to crush your faction & make members of your group not want to play.

I'm guessing a few people have been popping explorers that have no BGS focus maybe? I'm sure you have a better idea than I do of the kind of thing that goes on in Colonia. That sort of shotgun diplomacy invites retaliation I'm guessing.

And much like Founders, there are no newbies in Open in Colonia. No excuses ;)

Yeah. You have some enemies too though, don't you? Probably some because "anarchy = bad", but there are others, with different reasons to want to crush your faction & make members of your group not want to play.

I'm guessing a few people have been popping explorers that have no BGS focus maybe? I'm sure you have a better idea than I do of the kind of thing that goes on in Colonia. That sort of shotgun diplomacy invites retaliation I'm guessing.

And much like Founders, there are no newbies in Open in Colonia. No excuses ;)

Nah. It ain't about anyone getting popped. It's about a bunch of tinpot dictators who are mad that we aren't rolling over for them.

Everybody coming to help CIDE can wear the millstone that they're supporting an imperialist and expansionist power that will happily deprive a community of easy access to hard-to-find ships. They already removed the iEagle from the shipyards in Earth Expeditionary Fleet. No reason to say they'd not deprive people of access to the Alliance and Federal vessels in the Robardin Rock shipyard, if given the chance.

And if they expect to force people to walk away, they're not much better than the gankers/griefers they accuse of doing the same, are they?

Somebody's gotta wear the black hat in all of this. Might as well be us, since we make it look good.

Lately I'm going with Phisto's approach to diplomacy. Shoot first, ask question later.
... With this words echoing in the head, he continues to grease his military green all MC's chieftain with joker-type smile on his face,while listening to his favorite classical piece, Wagner's Die Walkure (Ride of the Valkyries) ...
Source: https://youtu.be/KlsfM2BmsJU
Edit: yes, Apocalypse Now fan, so shoot me for it(if u can 😉)

Last edited:
Nah. It ain't about anyone getting popped. It's about a bunch of tinpot dictators who are mad that we aren't rolling over for them.

Everybody coming to help CIDE can wear the millstone that they're supporting an imperialist and expansionist power that will happily deprive a community of easy access to hard-to-find ships. They already removed the iEagle from the shipyards in Earth Expeditionary Fleet. No reason to say they'd not deprive people of access to the Alliance and Federal vessels in the Robardin Rock shipyard, if given the chance.

And if they expect to force people to walk away, they're not much better than the gankers/griefers they accuse of doing the same, are they?

Somebody's gotta wear the black hat in all of this. Might as well be us, since we make it look good.

I think you don't know what it's about, I think it doesn't matter why, only what is happening. Emergent content generation is what we want, right?

Local shipyard availability doesn't matter now that Fleet carriers are in the game. Well, doesn't matter to most players I'd guess. Interesting BGS discovery, but not a negotiating point.

Some, but only 1 is working against us. Plus 1 misguided soul, and now Spear. We do have good intel collections. The important thing is that the people who want Colonia to be not another bubble where the big factions are the ones dictating what you can do or not are on our side. And they range from one side of the lawful spectrum to the other.
The shipyard is one thing, promoting, helping, and through that inspiring people for the engineering upgrades was another. Some of our members helped out with the research into the mysteries stranger or are now out looking for crystalline shards closer to the nebula. We didn't come to Colonia to build an empire.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom