Release Neutron Highway long range route planner

Look, maybe we should enter into plotter value of actual cargo used on carrier? It has there in top-right corner like 13000/25000 ? So skip all "cargo" stuff? Maybe can add fuel amount in cargo as right panel shows.
That seems simpler and more precise.
P.S. I think different installed modules use different amount of cargo...

I just did a jump from Wredguia HD-O b34-1 to Col 285 Sector ID-R c5-16, using the Plotter Route, Galaxy map distance is 498LY. I believe FDev said Tritium used is 250Tons for 500LY, so this should have used about 249/250Tons. The Plotter states Fuel Used 216. Actual Fuel Used from the Tritium Depot was 195Tons. :unsure:
You didn't tell us what your used capacity and your current tritium depot was for the jump of 498ly. If you use the wrong settings in the plotter the values can be wrong. We need to compare your ingame values with the values the plotter thinks you have. Otherwise we won't find out why the calculation is wrong.

Ok, so your own experiment proves that your previous belief was wrong:

My belief is base on what FDev published, I'm testing with another cmdr right now and will get back with more data.

Please feel free to do some research - the fuel usage for carriers is pretty well known (and is used in the spansh plotter)

You didn't tell us what your used capacity and your current tritium depot was for the jump of 498ly. If you use the wrong settings in the plotter the values can be wrong. We need to compare your ingame values with the values the plotter thinks you have. Otherwise we won't find out why the calculation is wrong.
Will add those numbers next time, sorry about that. What you're saying implies that current 'Tritium in the Depot', and other values, directly affect the amount of fuel used, and it's not just based on distance.

Will add those numbers next time, sorry about that. What you're saying implies that current 'Tritium in the Depot', and other values, directly affect the amount of fuel used, and it's not just based on distance.
Yes, here is the formula used:
Tritium_Fuel.png

Yes for the plotter you need to enter the amount of capacity used by your services (modules) and used in the market. The amount of tritium in the market is seperate (and it means that in theory you'll enter that number twice, the plotter takes that into account).

So if you had

15,000 used in module capacity
5,000 used in the market (of which 2,500 is tritium).

You would enter

15,000 in module capacity
5,000 in market capacity
2,5000 in tritium

Yes for the plotter you need to enter the amount of capacity used by your services (modules) and used in the market. The amount of tritium in the market is seperate (and it means that in theory you'll enter that number twice, the plotter takes that into account).

So if you had

15,000 used in module capacity
5,000 used in the market (of which 2,500 is tritium).

You would enter

15,000 in module capacity
5,000 in market capacity
2,5000 in tritium
Why can't u ask for total capacity used as it shown in right top + tritium reserves as it shown on right panel? Then all confusions are gone. Current is really confusing to use.

Why can't u ask for total capacity used as it shown in right top + tritium reserves as it shown on right panel? Then all confusions are gone. Current is really confusing to use.
I certainly can, I wrote this before the user interface for FCs was finalised and I don't have one myself so I just went with the data I needed, rather than what's easier to get. I'll still need a seperate field for tritium in the market place though, unless that's included in the tritium reserves?

I certainly can, I wrote this before the user interface for FCs was finalised and I don't have one myself so I just went with the data I needed, rather than what's easier to get. I'll still need a seperate field for tritium in the market place though, unless that's included in the tritium reserves?
Well...total load on right-top of screen includes everything. Then you can ask to open right panel cargo and tell trit there. So you have all numbers to calculate. However, actual task we need to solve, minimal amount of trit needed to cover distance. So ...I think you can ask those 2 as "initial" then it disabled and shows 2 fields 1 disabled (other load = init total -init trit) and 1 enabled current trit. So user can play with changing tritium reserve. Then u have full mass as other load + current trit

Last edited:
...also would be cool to account fuel use to same back road (some checkbox), as u need initial reserve almost doubled, but a bit less then double.

I'll look at changing up the fleet carrier router to make it more intuitive soon. I've been rather busy working on some new features which required quite a large overhaul of both the front and back end.

On that note. You can now search for body signals (Human, Thargoid etc) and ring signals (Trititum, Low Temperature Diamonds etc) on the bodies search. You can also order by the number of those signals (or the combined signal count).

A search sorting bodies by the amount of tritium hotspots they have: https://spansh.co.uk/bodies/search/16965086-BB43-11EA-B484-22A594EB4526/1

A body page with tritium hotspots listed (look at the rings tab): https://spansh.co.uk/body/540489672528381089

This required quite a large set of changes on both the back and front end which is why it's taken quite a while. As a side effect signal information is now contained within the galactic dumps on my site.

This should help out those of you searching for overlapping hotspots. Whilst my site cannot find overlapping hotspots directly, you can now target systems which have large numbers of hotspots (of a particular type or in general) to look for systems which may have likely overlapping hotspots.

There are also two new updated at fields within the dumps (which will be searchable on the site soon) which refer to the ring signals updated at time and the signals updated at time. So you will be able to find systems with large numbers of signals which have not been updated recently (if you're looking for tritium for instance).

I've also fixed quite a few bugs and tweaked the user interface in quite a few places as well.

Little issue that I have noticed when it calculates a route from different starting location..

Using this setup and exporting the json into the required location : https://s.orbis.zone/7lvw

I've plotted a course from those starting locations : Diaguandri - Sol - Deciat, All of them being within at most 200Ly from each other. Sol being technically the closest to the destination. Orientation is taken from being in the bubble and looking toward the center of the galaxy.
Destination : Traikoa FL-P E5-4 (about >5k LY out)
Using Diaguandri it plots toward the lower left of the galaxy : 67 jumps, 2 hours.
Using Sol it plots toward the same'ish location as Diaguandri : 63 jumps, 2 hours.
Using Deciat it plots toward Jackson's Lighthouse on the opposite side of the bubble : 155 jumps, 5 hours.

Now for the sake of testing this against the in-game plotting system, those are the results I got from the locations listed just above.
Again I'm using the build listed above on coriolis minus 3-4% on some missing engineering being maxed out, for instance the FSD being just off 1% from being maxed G5.
The plot course is using Fastest Routes and jet-cone. ~60.20LY (63.90) LY as listed on the Cartographics. All the filters/settings in-game other than Fastest Routes and Jet-cone are unchanged and all set to default.
Cartographics.PNG
Diaguandri - Traikoa FL-P E5-4.PNG

Sol - Traikoa FL-P E5-4.PNG

Deciat - Traikoa FL-P E5-4.PNG

However when using the Galaxy Plotter these are the results I get.

Dia - Trai.PNG

Sol - Trai.PNG

Deci - Trai.PNG

So yeah.. You get my idea..On a side note.. Yes it does say using the Galaxy Plotter a shorter / less jump intensive route... but it also gives you a 155 jumps route from Deciat that is technically 2 jumps away from Diaguandri using that Asp X setup.

Anyway I was thinking this could help you troubleshoot why it decided to just out of the blue give a twice as long route from Deciat compared to Sol or Diaguandri.

Good continuation on your project!

Little issue that I have noticed when it calculates a route from different starting location..

Using this setup and exporting the json into the required location : https://s.orbis.zone/7lvw

I've plotted a course from those starting locations : Diaguandri - Sol - Deciat, All of them being within at most 200Ly from each other. Sol being technically the closest to the destination. Orientation is taken from being in the bubble and looking toward the center of the galaxy.
Destination : Traikoa FL-P E5-4 (about >5k LY out)
Using Diaguandri it plots toward the lower left of the galaxy : 67 jumps, 2 hours.
Using Sol it plots toward the same'ish location as Diaguandri : 63 jumps, 2 hours.
Using Deciat it plots toward Jackson's Lighthouse on the opposite side of the bubble : 155 jumps, 5 hours.

Now for the sake of testing this against the in-game plotting system, those are the results I got from the locations listed just above.
Again I'm using the build listed above on coriolis minus 3-4% on some missing engineering being maxed out, for instance the FSD being just off 1% from being maxed G5.
The plot course is using Fastest Routes and jet-cone. ~60.20LY (63.90) LY as listed on the Cartographics. All the filters/settings in-game other than Fastest Routes and Jet-cone are unchanged and all set to default.
View attachment 179952
View attachment 179953
View attachment 179954
View attachment 179955

However when using the Galaxy Plotter these are the results I get.

View attachment 179956
View attachment 179957
View attachment 179958

So yeah.. You get my idea..On a side note.. Yes it does say using the Galaxy Plotter a shorter / less jump intensive route... but it also gives you a 155 jumps route from Deciat that is technically 2 jumps away from Diaguandri using that Asp X setup.

Anyway I was thinking this could help you troubleshoot why it decided to just out of the blue give a twice as long route from Deciat compared to Sol or Diaguandri.

Good continuation on your project!

I have some tweaks which may improve things nearly ready to go. Unfortunately in extreme cases they make things slightly worse (especially in the case of a very long jump distance using injections). I was attempting to fix that before releasing, but perhaps I should just release it as is.

I've used the Trade Planner for a while now. It's a great tool IMO. But since the last game patch with "market balancing" nerf added, it's not even close to being accurate (for me at least). I use it as a guide to make fast credits. I suspect it will eventually fix it's self as more market data is submitted to Spansh.co.uk.

I run EDDI in the background and regularly upload my .logs to EDSM. So I'm guessing market data from stations and hopefully from navigation beacons is all included to render a more accurate profit prediction and market selections. :unsure:

Agronomic Treatment seems to have taken a hit. I used to make 12-16 million per run, now it's less than a million. How am I going to pay off this A rated Imperial Cutter now? Thank goodness for fuel scoops. 😐

Last edited:
I've used the Trade Planner for a while now. It's a great tool IMO. But since the last game patch with "market balancing" nerf added, it's not even close to being accurate. I suspect it will eventually fix it's self as more market data is submitted to Spansh.com.

Agronomic Treatment seems to have taken a hit. I used to make 12-16 million per run, now it's less than a million. How am I going to pay off this A rated Imperial Cutter now? Thank goodness for fuel scoops. 😐
Don't talk about spansh.com, it's a sore point. It's been domain parked for something like 20 years now, unused except for gathering mis typings for search.

You could always set the maximum market age to a week ago (or last patch) for the trade planner, it would prevent it bringing outdated prices for you. Currently it doesn't take into account fleet carriers, I'm still debating whether it's a good idea to include them or not.

That said we definitely do want people refreshing station prices otherwise we'll never know if a great price does crop up. I have some other ideas about improving the trade router (taking into account system state for instance), but I have a lot of other things on my plate at the moment

On that note. You can now search for body signals (Human, Thargoid etc) and ring signals (Trititum, Low Temperature Diamonds etc) on the bodies search. You can also order by the number of those signals (or the combined signal count).

A search sorting bodies by the amount of tritium hotspots they have: https://spansh.co.uk/bodies/search/16965086-BB43-11EA-B484-22A594EB4526/1

Spansh, I ran a test on this bodies search yesterday, I went to system Col 285 Sector CG-O C6-6 7. The body search result is below. This is assuming a signal is a Hotspot. The first number is from the bodies search result, the second number is the actual number of Hotspot's found in the ring.

Alexandrite: 4, 8
Bromellite: 13, 3
Grandiderite: 1, 6
LTD: 5, 5
Void Opals: 13, 3
Tritium: 0, 4

I also mined a Void Opal Hotspot and found 5 cores, they were VO x3, LTD x1, Alexandrite x1, Grandiderite x1.

Hope this is of some help. Please let me know if I can do anything to help with your development.

Attachments

• Spansh_Bodies1.jpg
    Spansh_Bodies1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 182

Spansh, I ran a test on this bodies search yesterday, I went to system Col 285 Sector CG-O C6-6 7. The body search result is below. This is assuming a signal is a Hotspot. The first number is from the bodies search result, the second number is the actual number of Hotspot's found in the ring.

Alexandrite: 4, 8
Bromellite: 13, 3
Grandiderite: 1, 6
LTD: 5, 5
Void Opals: 13, 3
Tritium: 0, 4

I also mined a Void Opal Hotspot and found 5 cores, they were VO x3, LTD x1, Alexandrite x1, Grandiderite x1.

Hope this is of some help. Please let me know if I can do anything to help with your development.
So looking at that particular ring the signal data I have is from 2019-11-18, which is before tritium came in. Were you running EDMC/EDDiscovery or similar when you scanned the ring (or using the EDSM console updater if you are on console)? If not that's why the data is out of date and the number of hotspots is wrong.

So looking at that particular ring the signal data I have is from 2019-11-18, which is before tritium came in. Were you running EDMC/EDDiscovery or similar when you scanned the ring (or using the EDSM console updater if you are on console)? If not that's why the data is out of date and the number of hotspots is wrong.

Console PS4
I went to https://www.spansh.co.uk/bodies and ran the search, sorting on (Ring Signal) Void Opals, the attachment is from that search 2 days ago, then I went to the System and mapped the rings. The numbers are from the results in the Navigation pane.

Do you need the settings from the search to reproduce it?

Top Bottom