Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod

Hello,

I was able to use the plugin successfully, but F12 no longer seems to take screenshots. Is that a known behavior when using the modifications?

I was able to use the plugin successfully, but F12 no longer seems to take screenshots.
So first of all, F12 is steam. You haven’t switched to the standalone launcher in the meantime I’ll take it?

Apart from that I have no idea if 3DMigoto interferes with the Steam overlay. You should definitely make sure you haven’t bound F12 to anything else in the d3dx.ini, that might or might not cause problems.

So first of all, F12 is steam. You haven’t switched to the standalone launcher in the meantime I’ll take it?

Apart from that I have no idea if 3DMigoto interferes with the Steam overlay. You should definitely make sure you haven’t bound F12 to anything else in the d3dx.ini, that might or might not cause problems.

Yeah I don't know the best way to launch the game which if memory serves was related to SteamVR. I tried at some point to use a command like below which I got from a script by CMDR AussieDroid but I think it tried to run the game in regular mode as opposed to VR mode. Although honestly it was a while back and I can't remember exactly which error it gave. But before I had VR a command like it used to work (again, if memory serves).

Code:
START /d %STEAM-PATH% Steam.exe steam://rungameid/359320

But to your other comments about the keys I made the same assumption, because of the VK_F1, 2, 3 lines in the .ini file. That's okay though, I just thought I'd take a stab in the dark to see if anybody had heard of that. I tried commenting out those lines and the ones around them but the result was that the mod didn't take effect at all.

Taking screen shots and making videos are little features that would be occasionally fun to have but I don't need them so much. I may end up sacrificing screen shots (they aren't that high quality anyway because like you said they are Steam doing it) for this mod. I really really really REALLY (did I mention really?) like turning off the other ship's bright lights during super cruise. It always blinds me. The other thing I like is the way it makes the stars look. Making the cockpit dark is also pretty neat.

I may end up sacrificing screen shots (they aren't that high quality anyway because like you said they are Steam doing it) for this mod.
F10 (Alt+F10 for high res) is Elite’s own screenshot button. Saves bitmaps to an obscure folder though, so you better use one of the various 3ʳᵈ party tools to convert & move them someplace more useful.

Aha that's perfect. My throttle setup has a button for it I just didn't know it was in-game and therefore a different folder. The file ends up in the pictures folder. Thanks.

Well, I'm back! You can thank the return of Galnet for the return of Old Duck. I've got a present for you all, at least those of you who think Thargoid "spit" looks cheap and out-of-place on burning stations:
Code:
; Remove Thargoid "spit" from stations and megaships
[ShaderOverrideThargoidSpit] 
Hash=2f2f838b879208f6
Handling=skip

Speaking of burning stations, the optimization code I include in the d3dx.ini file for asteroid belts also works great in burning stations. I was getting some serious lag in VR until I turned this on, and it smoothed everything out nicely.

When time allows, I'll be cleaning up my new and improved d3dx.ini file, along with the colorful HUD shaders, and then I'll post those here. I won't be doing anything more with atmospheric worlds since Odyssey is now coming to VR (at least the flying / driving bits), so I need to clean up my shaders of all this experimental stuff and focus on Horizons for now. Once Odyssey drops, then I might tweak the atmospheres Frontier gives us, which is a LOT easier than trying to make my own.

Okay folks, this is it, I took the time to properly package up the mod (which includes a ton of shaders) into a single zip file which you can download and easily install into your Elite Dangerous directory.

DISCLAIMER - THIS IS BETA RIGHT NOW, LOOKING FOR TESTERS. BACK UP YOUR CURRENT MOD FILES (d3dx.ini and shaders) BEFORE INSTALLING!

If you are interesting in testing the latest mod, just download the zip file linked to below and extract into your elite-dangerous-64 folder. You'll notice that this zip contains all the files you need, including the 3DMigoto files! Once this has been tested, I'll rewrite the OP to reflect all these changes.

Here are the keybinds for the latest mod:

F1 = Cycle HUD (4 levels) - hold shift to toggle cockpit lights independent of HUD
F2 = Toggle white targets visible on radar (materials, fragments, wakes)
F3 = Cycle skybox (3 levels)
F4 = Toggle ambient light / "HDR shadows"
F6 = Toggle Holome visibility & camera blackout

This latest mod adds more HUD declutter options and my extra customized color scheme! However, it is very much "my" color scheme, so you're going to have to edit the appropriate shaders if you want to your HUD colors to something else. I've also included my GraphicsConfiguration.xml file for reference, in case you wish to use this to recreate my visuals exactly. Someday, if there is enough interest and if I have the free time, I might be able to write an app to aid you in customizing these colors yourself. Personally I hope Frontier just gives this feature in the game, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyway, for those of you who know what you are doing, go ahead and give it a try. Remember, back up your current mod files first. Heck, back up your entire elite-dangerous-64 just to play it safe! Let me of any bugs you find or questions you have.

Here's the source code from the new d3dx.ini file in case you want to see all the little details before downloading the zip:

Code:
; This mod is provided by CMDR Old Duck, building on the work of CMDR AD & CMDR uliando.
; Software (which is brilliant, BTW) by Bo3b Johnson - https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases
; Special thanks to CMDR ifthisworks, CMDR Slowfiddler, and CMDR leonardofelin (forum names)
; =================================================================================================
; DISCLAIMER - I'm still figuring this out! If you kill your computer, it's not my fault.
;
; I highly recommend setting PrototypeLightingBalancesEnabled to 0 and StarInstanceCount to 10000
; in your GraphicsConfiguration.xml file (or add these entries to your override file)
;
; My color matrix in GraphicsConfiguration.xml (which is used by some of the HUD shaders) is:
;    <MatrixRed> 0, 0.2, 1 </MatrixRed>
;    <MatrixGreen> 0, 1, 0 </MatrixGreen>
;    <MatrixBlue> 1, 0, 0 </MatrixBlue>
;
; DEFAULT KEYS
; F1 = Cycle HUD (4 levels) - hold shift to toggle cockpit lights independent of HUD
; F2 = Toggle white targets visible on radar (materials, fragments, wakes)
; F3 = Cycle skybox (3 levels)
; F4 = Toggle ambient light / "HDR shadows"
; F6 = Toggle Holome visibility & camera blackout

[Constants]
global $hideHUD = 0
global $showInteriorLights = 1
global $ambientLight = 0
global $showCMDR = 1
global $extraPerformance = 1
global $showPadNumbers = 1
global $FSS = 0

; Variables passed to shaders. I'm stuck using xyzw...
; x = show center parts of the HUD (supercruise assist, etc)
; y = mute skybox
; z = not available to the public
; w = show white targets on radar
; w1 = skybox intensity (0 for default space, 1 realistic space, and 2 for black space)
x = 1
y = 1
z = 0
w = 1
w1 = 1

[KeyForHUD]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F1
type = cycle
$hideHUD = 1,2,3,0
x = 1,0,0,1

[KeyForInteriorLighting]
key = SHIFT F1
type = cycle
$showInteriorLights = 0,1

[KeyForRadarFilter]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F2
type = cycle
w = 1,0

[KeyForSkybox]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F3
type = cycle
w1 = 0,1,2

[KeyForAmbientLight]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F4
type = cycle
$ambientLight = 0,1

[KeyForCMDR]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F6
type = cycle
$showCMDR = 0,1

[KeyForBridgePaint]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F7
type = cycle
z = 0,1,2

[PresetHUD]
$FSS = 0

[PresetFSS]
$FSS = 1

; -------------------------- This section contains the Visual filters ----------------------------

; Make space BLACK by removing interstellar dust and galactic core. Very good for IRL skybox.
; This is part of three presents - slightly muted, very muted, and off. Cycle with F3 key.
[ShaderOverrideInterstellarDust]
Hash=4db942934cad0b29
if w1 == 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideInterstellarDustAlt]
Hash=473e4ad6b4c7ce26
if w1 == 2
  Handling=skip
endif

; HDR Shadows (removes ambient lighting from space). Very realistic around the bubble in most cases.
; I've assigned this to a key toggle, because there are scenarios where ambient light makes sense,
; like on the surface of a well-lit planet.
[ShaderOverrideAmbientLight]
Hash=74820d78ce4aae61
if $ambientLight == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

; Remove ship comet tails and glow from Supercruise. You'll still see these when on top
; of another ship, but not from across the solar system as is the default
[ShaderOverrideSupercruiseComets]
Hash=e29d91120fc28c8e
Handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideSupercruiseCometSmoke]
Hash=1d65f3ee6b08bef9
Handling=skip

; Remove all "outside" HUD elements - circles around planets, labels, etc. It makes looking out
; the window feel just like that. This can be toggled using the appropriate key.
[ShaderOverrideCanopyHUD]
Hash=74a61bc54382d4d9
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideCanopyGlass]
Hash=9928ea42aa74f1e0
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif
Preset = HUD

[ShaderOverrideDSSTronPlanets]
Hash=abb57399a1eaf6ce
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRingHotspots]
Hash=8c7b10af9d9d8ab1
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideHolographicPadNumbers]
; This also removes holographic adverts
Hash=06e4863398e91c7f
if $hideHUD > 0 && $showPadNumbers == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideHolographicPadGrid]
Hash=9121d693d85655a5
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideHolographicPadGlow]
Hash=8c4c85e6fb05bd31
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideHUDShadow]
Hash=01c3486d3211f924
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

; Next level of HUD deactivation gets rid of even more clutter.
[ShaderOverrideArtificialHorizon]
Hash=e61a98e9d493cdea
if $hideHUD > 1 && $FSS == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

; Final level of HUD deactivation is turning off the HUD inside the ship. This also turns off lights
[ShaderOverrideInternalHUD]
Hash=f6f4895ec35cc873
  checktextureoverride = ps-t2
  if $hideHUD > 2
      Handling=skip
  endif
endif

; Radar consists of a LOT of different shaders
[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment1]
Hash=9813bfc19f632619
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment2]
Hash=a79b5e1b8183c2b0
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment3]
Hash=abcb5cfb5b1d8b7d
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment4]
Hash=af442f80671a4878
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment5]
Hash=ba58bc885c2dac25
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment6]
Hash=122f37290d55ce94
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment7]
Hash=f27049cc4a93e1f2
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

; Turn off Interior lights. This turns off annoying flashing red lights, but it also turns off
; some external lights as well (including station lights). Recommended for miners. Toggle with key.
[ShaderOverrideCockpitLights]
Hash=8330ab10a104d1b1
if $showInteriorLights == 0 || $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

; Remove the particles that move past the ship when in normal flight.
[ShaderOverrideSnow]
Hash=06b5574cbb67cb5c
Handling=skip

; Remove the "speed lines" on each side of the cockpit when in Supercruise. I never need these, so
; they are just always off (feel free to toggle them with HUD if you prefer).
[ShaderOverrideSpeedLines]
Hash=89fe00881332dc43
Handling=skip

; Disable HUD "sidelines". Do these even have a purpose?
[ShaderOverrideUselessHUDLines]
Hash=178045604e0b329c
Handling=skip

; Remove certain "cheap" smoke effects - overheating control panel smoke, etc.
; Note - I use "Effects = Low" setting to get rid of a lot of smoke and fog.
[ShaderOverrideSmoke]
Hash=c2b2613be56251fb
Handling=skip

Hash=2f2f838b879208f6
Handling=skip

; Turn off Holome in chair. I use this for when I walk around in VR
[ShaderOverrideBody]
Hash=32c295b65c925a9a
if $showCMDR == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideHead]
Hash=94d88a93cd238711
if $showCMDR == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

; Disable camera HUD and "fade to black" when camera clips through models.
; Bound to same key as Holome, since I use this to "walk around" outside.
; WARNING - it turns off station menu as well!
[ShaderOverrideCameraFade]
Hash=0684aa9e5b0a66c9
if $showCMDR == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideCameraGUI]
Hash=46368e0852df87d5
if $showCMDR == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

; This is needed to reenable the appropriate shaders while using the FSS
[ShaderOverrideFSS]
Hash=3e2cf4db5dbf89c8
Preset = FSS

; ---------------------- This section contains the Performance filters ------------------------

; Turn off advanced shadows in asteroid belts, without removing other shadows
[ShaderOverrideRingShadows]
Hash=54f9383e5a4f43a8
if $extraPerformance == 1
  Handling=skip
endif

; Turn off haze around detonated core asteroids.
; NOTE - this introduces some visual artifacts.
[ShaderOverrideCoreMiningHaze]
Hash=e45bb677b3fa3d7c
  Handling=skip
endif

; -------------------------------- TEXTURE OVERRIDES --------------------------------

[ResourceBlankTexture]
filename = ModResources/Blank.png

[TextureOverrideAHUD]
Hash = 22526b99
ps-t2 = ResourceBlankTexture

[TextureOverrideInfoPanes]
hash = b4b93189

; -------------------------------------- 3Dmigoto Settings --------------------------------------
; NOTE - these are not all the settings, not by a long shot. I've trimmed this file for the casual
;        Elite Dangerous player. Refer to the original d3dx.ini file for ALL application settings.

;[Hunting]
; If you plan on using this, I highly recommend referring to the original .ini file. Hunting is
; turned off by default for performance. For those who are curious, this is for "hunting" shaders,
; and it's the tool I used to find specific hashes to disable things like HUD, space dust, etc.
;hunting=1

[include]
;include = d3dx-experimental.ini

[Logging]
; 0 means "off", so logging is turned off by default
calls=0
input=0
debug=0
unbuffered=0
force_cpu_affinity=0
convergence=0
separation=0

[System]
load_library_redirect=2
check_foreground_window=1
allow_check_interface=1
allow_create_device=1
allow_platform_update=1

[Rendering]
shader_hash = 3dmigoto
override_directory=ShaderFixes
cache_directory=ShaderCache
storage_directory=ShaderFromGame
cache_shaders=0
stereo_params = -1
ini_params = 120

Last edited:
Anyway, for those of you who know what you are doing, go ahead and give it a try. Remember, back up your current mod files first. Heck, back up your entire elite-dangerous-64 just to play it safe! Let me of any bugs you find or questions you have.
I gotta say this looks so much better, I never thought it could look any better than the OP.
Didn't find any bugs but I haven't visited burning stations yet.
Stars looks amazing with this mod. Thank you so much Old Duck.

I will definitely try this today and report back on any bugs I found!

One quick question regarding shaders and HUD; do you think it's possible to remove the window but retain outside HUD elements such as your weapon reticules and target marker? I think it's shocking that in 3306 we still haven't figured out how to make streak-free windows... As a material scientist, I find that completely unrealistic, and as a player the streaks annoy me!

Not asking you to create any shaders, just wondering if in your professional opinion you think that's possible?

Just in case anyone hasn't asked.. is it possible to remove the screen tinting feature they added in 3.3 which makes everything within ~1kls of the star look horrible? If this fantasy land is possible, it might be possible to remove the blue background from the fss which would be a strong curiosity. Thanks for considering.

I gotta say this looks so much better, I never thought it could look any better than the OP.
Didn't find any bugs but I haven't visited burning stations yet.
Stars looks amazing with this mod. Thank you so much Old Duck.
Excellent news!

One quick question regarding shaders and HUD; do you think it's possible to remove the window but retain outside HUD elements such as your weapon reticules and target marker? I think it's shocking that in 3306 we still haven't figured out how to make streak-free windows... As a material scientist, I find that completely unrealistic, and as a player the streaks annoy me!

Not asking you to create any shaders, just wondering if in your professional opinion you think that's possible?
I do think it is possible by editing the shader directly. I'll play around with it and get back to you.

Just in case anyone hasn't asked.. is it possible to remove the screen tinting feature they added in 3.3 which makes everything within ~1kls of the star look horrible? If this fantasy land is possible, it might be possible to remove the blue background from the fss which would be a strong curiosity. Thanks for considering.

Yes to all of the above, sorta. Try my mod with my GraphicsConfiguration settings enabled (as for getting rid of the blue fog in FSS, I did that once but I think it also got rid of the "blobs" used to zero in on planets).

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Okay folks, this is it, I took the time to properly package up the mod (which includes a ton of shaders) into a single zip file which you can download and easily install into your Elite Dangerous directory.

DISCLAIMER - THIS IS BETA RIGHT NOW, LOOKING FOR TESTERS. BACK UP YOUR CURRENT MOD FILES (d3dx.ini and shaders) BEFORE INSTALLING!

If you are interesting in testing the latest mod, just download the zip file linked to below and extract into your elite-dangerous-64 folder. You'll notice that this zip contains all the files you need, including the 3DMigoto files! Once this has been tested, I'll rewrite the OP to reflect all these changes.

Here are the keybinds for the latest mod:

F1 = Cycle HUD (4 levels) - hold shift to toggle cockpit lights independent of HUD
F2 = Toggle white targets visible on radar (materials, fragments, wakes)
F3 = Cycle skybox (3 levels)
F4 = Toggle ambient light / "HDR shadows"
F6 = Toggle Holome visibility & camera blackout

This latest mod adds more HUD declutter options and my extra customized color scheme! However, it is very much "my" color scheme, so you're going to have to edit the appropriate shaders if you want to your HUD colors to something else. I've also included my GraphicsConfiguration.xml file for reference, in case you wish to use this to recreate my visuals exactly. Someday, if there is enough interest and if I have the free time, I might be able to write an app to aid you in customizing these colors yourself. Personally I hope Frontier just gives this feature in the game, but I'm not holding my breath.

Here's the source code from the new d3dx.ini file in case you want to see all the little details before downloading the zip:

Code:
; This mod is provided by CMDR Old Duck, building on the work of CMDR AD & CMDR uliando.
; Software (which is brilliant, BTW) by Bo3b Johnson - https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases
; Special thanks to CMDR ifthisworks, CMDR Slowfiddler, and CMDR leonardofelin (forum names)
; =================================================================================================
; DISCLAIMER - I'm still figuring this out! If you kill your computer, it's not my fault.
;
; I highly recommend setting PrototypeLightingBalancesEnabled to 0 and StarInstanceCount to 10000
; in your GraphicsConfiguration.xml file (or add these entries to your override file)
;
; My color matrix in GraphicsConfiguration.xml (which is used by some of the HUD shaders) is:
;    <MatrixRed> 0, 0.2, 1 </MatrixRed>
;    <MatrixGreen> 0, 1, 0 </MatrixGreen>
;    <MatrixBlue> 1, 0, 0 </MatrixBlue>
;
; DEFAULT KEYS
; F1 = Cycle HUD (4 levels) - hold shift to toggle cockpit lights independent of HUD
; F2 = Toggle white targets visible on radar (materials, fragments, wakes)
; F3 = Cycle skybox (3 levels)
; F4 = Toggle ambient light / "HDR shadows"
; F6 = Toggle Holome visibility & camera blackout

[Constants]
global $hideHUD = 0
global $showInteriorLights = 1
global $ambientLight = 0
global $showCMDR = 1
global $extraPerformance = 1
global $showPadNumbers = 1
global $FSS = 0

; Variables passed to shaders. I'm stuck using xyzw...
; x = show center parts of the HUD (supercruise assist, etc)
; y = mute skybox
; z = not available to the public
; w = show white targets on radar
; w1 = skybox intensity (0 for default space, 1 realistic space, and 2 for black space)
x = 1
y = 1
z = 0
w = 1
w1 = 1

[KeyForHUD]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F1
type = cycle
$hideHUD = 1,2,3,0
x = 1,0,0,1

[KeyForInteriorLighting]
key = SHIFT F1
type = cycle
$showInteriorLights = 0,1

[KeyForRadarFilter]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F2
type = cycle
w = 1,0

[KeyForSkybox]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F3
type = cycle
w1 = 0,1,2

[KeyForAmbientLight]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F4
type = cycle
$ambientLight = 0,1

[KeyForCMDR]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F6
type = cycle
$showCMDR = 0,1

[KeyForBridgePaint]
key = NO_MODIFIERS F7
type = cycle
z = 0,1,2

[PresetHUD]
$FSS = 0

[PresetFSS]
$FSS = 1

; -------------------------- This section contains the Visual filters ----------------------------

; Make space BLACK by removing interstellar dust and galactic core. Very good for IRL skybox.
; This is part of three presents - slightly muted, very muted, and off. Cycle with F3 key.
[ShaderOverrideInterstellarDust]
Hash=4db942934cad0b29
if w1 == 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideInterstellarDustAlt]
Hash=473e4ad6b4c7ce26
if w1 == 2
  Handling=skip
endif

; HDR Shadows (removes ambient lighting from space). Very realistic around the bubble in most cases.
; I've assigned this to a key toggle, because there are scenarios where ambient light makes sense,
; like on the surface of a well-lit planet.
[ShaderOverrideAmbientLight]
Hash=74820d78ce4aae61
if $ambientLight == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

; Remove ship comet tails and glow from Supercruise. You'll still see these when on top
; of another ship, but not from across the solar system as is the default
[ShaderOverrideSupercruiseComets]
Hash=e29d91120fc28c8e
Handling=skip

[ShaderOverrideSupercruiseCometSmoke]
Hash=1d65f3ee6b08bef9
Handling=skip

; Remove all "outside" HUD elements - circles around planets, labels, etc. It makes looking out
; the window feel just like that. This can be toggled using the appropriate key.
[ShaderOverrideCanopyHUD]
Hash=74a61bc54382d4d9
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideCanopyGlass]
Hash=9928ea42aa74f1e0
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif
Preset = HUD

[ShaderOverrideDSSTronPlanets]
Hash=abb57399a1eaf6ce
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRingHotspots]
Hash=8c7b10af9d9d8ab1
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideHolographicPadNumbers]
; This also removes holographic adverts
Hash=06e4863398e91c7f
if $hideHUD > 0 && $showPadNumbers == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideHolographicPadGrid]
Hash=9121d693d85655a5
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideHolographicPadGlow]
Hash=8c4c85e6fb05bd31
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideHUDShadow]
Hash=01c3486d3211f924
if $hideHUD > 0
  Handling=skip
endif

; Next level of HUD deactivation gets rid of even more clutter.
[ShaderOverrideArtificialHorizon]
Hash=e61a98e9d493cdea
  Handling=skip
endif

; Final level of HUD deactivation is turning off the HUD inside the ship. This also turns off lights
[ShaderOverrideInternalHUD]
Hash=f6f4895ec35cc873
  checktextureoverride = ps-t2
  if $hideHUD > 2
      Handling=skip
  endif
endif

; Radar consists of a LOT of different shaders
[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment1]
Hash=9813bfc19f632619
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment2]
Hash=a79b5e1b8183c2b0
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment3]
Hash=abcb5cfb5b1d8b7d
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment4]
Hash=af442f80671a4878
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment5]
Hash=ba58bc885c2dac25
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment6]
Hash=122f37290d55ce94
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideRadarSegment7]
Hash=f27049cc4a93e1f2
if $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

; Turn off Interior lights. This turns off annoying flashing red lights, but it also turns off
; some external lights as well (including station lights). Recommended for miners. Toggle with key.
[ShaderOverrideCockpitLights]
Hash=8330ab10a104d1b1
if $showInteriorLights == 0 || $hideHUD > 2
  Handling=skip
endif

; Remove the particles that move past the ship when in normal flight.
[ShaderOverrideSnow]
Hash=06b5574cbb67cb5c
Handling=skip

; Remove the "speed lines" on each side of the cockpit when in Supercruise. I never need these, so
; they are just always off (feel free to toggle them with HUD if you prefer).
[ShaderOverrideSpeedLines]
Hash=89fe00881332dc43
Handling=skip

; Disable HUD "sidelines". Do these even have a purpose?
[ShaderOverrideUselessHUDLines]
Hash=178045604e0b329c
Handling=skip

; Remove certain "cheap" smoke effects - overheating control panel smoke, etc.
; Note - I use "Effects = Low" setting to get rid of a lot of smoke and fog.
[ShaderOverrideSmoke]
Hash=c2b2613be56251fb
Handling=skip

Hash=2f2f838b879208f6
Handling=skip

; Turn off Holome in chair. I use this for when I walk around in VR
[ShaderOverrideBody]
Hash=32c295b65c925a9a
if $showCMDR == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideHead]
Hash=94d88a93cd238711
if $showCMDR == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

; Disable camera HUD and "fade to black" when camera clips through models.
; Bound to same key as Holome, since I use this to "walk around" outside.
; WARNING - it turns off station menu as well!
[ShaderOverrideCameraFade]
Hash=0684aa9e5b0a66c9
if $showCMDR == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

[ShaderOverrideCameraGUI]
Hash=46368e0852df87d5
if $showCMDR == 0
  Handling=skip
endif

; This is needed to reenable the appropriate shaders while using the FSS
[ShaderOverrideFSS]
Hash=3e2cf4db5dbf89c8
Preset = FSS

; ---------------------- This section contains the Performance filters ------------------------

; Turn off advanced shadows in asteroid belts, without removing other shadows
[ShaderOverrideRingShadows]
Hash=54f9383e5a4f43a8
  Handling=skip
endif

; Turn off haze around detonated core asteroids.
; NOTE - this introduces some visual artifacts.
[ShaderOverrideCoreMiningHaze]
Hash=e45bb677b3fa3d7c
  Handling=skip
endif

; -------------------------------- TEXTURE OVERRIDES --------------------------------

[ResourceBlankTexture]
filename = ModResources/Blank.png

[TextureOverrideAHUD]
Hash = 22526b99

[TextureOverrideInfoPanes]
hash = b4b93189

; -------------------------------------- 3Dmigoto Settings --------------------------------------
; NOTE - these are not all the settings, not by a long shot. I've trimmed this file for the casual
;        Elite Dangerous player. Refer to the original d3dx.ini file for ALL application settings.

;[Hunting]
; If you plan on using this, I highly recommend referring to the original .ini file. Hunting is
; turned off by default for performance. For those who are curious, this is for "hunting" shaders,
; and it's the tool I used to find specific hashes to disable things like HUD, space dust, etc.
;hunting=1

[include]
;include = d3dx-experimental.ini

[Logging]
; 0 means "off", so logging is turned off by default
calls=0
input=0
debug=0
unbuffered=0
force_cpu_affinity=0
convergence=0
separation=0

[System]
load_library_redirect=2
check_foreground_window=1
allow_check_interface=1
allow_create_device=1
allow_platform_update=1

[Rendering]
shader_hash = 3dmigoto
override_directory=ShaderFixes
cache_directory=ShaderCache
storage_directory=ShaderFromGame
cache_shaders=0
stereo_params = -1
ini_params = 120

Is this going to clash with stuff like ReSahde?

Is this going to clash with stuff like ReSahde?
I don't think so, as Reshade is post-processing and the stuff I do is pre-processing. That said, it might "antiquate" some Reshade settings. If you try it, just toggle off Reshade first to see it in default form, then toggle Reshade back on.

To get the full effect, you'll need to apply some changes to GraphicsConfiguration.xml as well. It's all documented at the top of the d3dx.ini file included in the zip (or you can just use the xml I provide).

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
I don't think so, as Reshade is post-processing and the stuff I do is pre-processing. That said, it might "antiquate" some Reshade settings. If you try it, just toggle off Reshade first to see it in default form, then toggle Reshade back on.

To get the full effect, you'll need to apply some changes to GraphicsConfiguration.xml as well. It's all documented at the top of the d3dx.ini file included in the zip (or you can just use the xml I provide).

Thanks. I'll give it a go at some point, once I have all of the other 999999 things out of the way from my to do list :D

Mission accomplished! You'll need to drop these two shaders into your ShaderFixes folder. If there is demand for it, I'll add it to the main mod with a setting in the .ini file.

Attachments

• 74a61bc54382d4d9-ps_replace.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 9928ea42aa74f1e0-ps_replace.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 218
Mission accomplished! You'll need to drop these two shaders into your ShaderFixes folder. If there is demand for it, I'll add it to the main mod with a setting in the .ini file.

ahmmm... does this "clean" the windows, like, removing that OCD triggering dust??

If so, this will be GREAT! Testing tonight!

Thanks!

That is amazing! Thank you so much!

Do you accept tributes of some sort for your amazing service?

Top Bottom