Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

I am sure every post contributes directly into thread development. After all, there are no evil moderators
This thread has more posts and content than a lot of finished threads. Over 9000 posters posted to the thread over a recent week.

P.S. It's really funny how one can take CRobber's words and apply them to forum thread, not a game. Really shows the percentage of blah-blah in his speeches.

Last edited:

He tried Eve and never came back.

eba88Bk.png

He enjoyed the earlier flight model which is universally derided here.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Just 750k actual individual backers out of 2.7 million accounts is just even more outrageous than I thought. The old Turbulent interview reference for actual individual backers was estimated at 50% of accounts. But this is barely over 25%.

Last edited:

Those numbers highlight why its good to remind people than when CIG advertise Star Citizens as being 2.8 million it doesn't mean they are backers.

Interesting about subscribers. 34k of them. Doesn't say whether they are $10 or $20 subscribers. Let's split the difference say average is 15. That's 17,000 dollars a day. Half a million per month, that's not appearing on the funding tracker. An extra 6 million per year.

You know what, i think i've just figured out how Calder is getting his investment back in part.

It also revises my estimate of how much CIG have obtained over the years a little bit. Probably in the region of 30 million from subscriptions i'd guestimate.

Hah, was just looking at what subscribers get for their money.

One of them is...

Exclusive Imperator Events
Imperator-level Subscribers get the chance to attend several exclusive events throughout the year at our studios around the globe. Upcoming events will be announced in advance, through the monthly Subscriber newsletter with tickets available to Imperators on a first-come-first serve basis.

Pay to be inivted to paid events!

Also not happening this year. :D

That lines up with what I remember. Shame he started playing eve right when CIG really started development on SC.

He got slower and slower at updating SCDB while he was playing eve instead of SC. It's probably been a year since it was updated.
He was the best pilot I encountered the old days in SC. It is even more a sign that SC PvP is dead. Even most of Renegade Squadron left.Is the 11th still active or are they gone also?

Well he can include himself in the group of people who don't understand the complexity because literally everyone who isn't him is saying it's impossible to do what he wants in the time frames he stated, and lo and behold, now that the people who gave him money and told him that it was impossible are asking why there's no game years after he projected there would be he gets grumpy and defensive and makes up excuses as to why it will take as long as it will take. Yeah, "no poo poo" Chris, everything takes as long as it takes, but some things take as long as people predict and plan for them to take, not this never ending timeline that stretches to the ends of the universe.

But the more important thing is that you can't just dismiss criticism as "whiners" just because you don't like the criticism being levelled. And Chris has this problem too. He attacks people who don't accept his excuses, who don't blindly accept every press release they put out, because unlike Chris we don't HAVE to accept everything he says. We play other games. We've played and seen other games that are, in the same time frames, far more impressive than Star Citizen is without all its fancy tech for planets and size and scale, which becomes totally worthless if the rest of the game isn't there. If I can get more out of a 2x4km map with 100 players than Chris can give me with his 50m sqkm map and only 50 players something is seriously wrong.

And the fact of the matter is instead of shooting back at people who "don't grasp" or "don't know" just how hard game development is because those big mean publisher run companies seem to make it look so easy, maybe CIG as a whole should have, by now, in the last 6 years at least, spent a bit more time putting together a better roadmap to actually detail the road to release, instead of the patch predictor 9000 which only ever tells us what might be, maybe, possibly, with caveats, subject to changes, coming up in the next couple of patches instead of what the finished game will be. If they can't do that then either they don't know what the game looks like and all the pretenses about the complexity go out the window.

Damnnn. So throw in alt accounts, and that 25% could be skinnier still?

Still, I’m sure the Calders can see the 75% as an untapped market.

I for one have been sold by the new bottle pocket.

Well he can include himself in the group of people who don't understand the complexity because literally everyone who isn't him is saying it's impossible to do what he wants in the time frames he stated, and lo and behold, now that the people who gave him money and told him that it was impossible are asking why there's no game years after he projected there would be he gets grumpy and defensive and makes up excuses as to why it will take as long as it will take. Yeah, "no poo poo" Chris, everything takes as long as it takes, but some things take as long as people predict and plan for them to take, not this never ending timeline that stretches to the ends of the universe.
What heresy is this? Do we have another FUDster out here? Lo and behold, The Holy Roberts is speaking:
1603053713900.png

Seven years later, his words strike true as they never been doing before!

It is even more a sign that SC PvP is dead. Even most of Renegade Squadron left
And what heresy is that? Filthy renegades living up to their name? The end is nigh!

Top Bottom