Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Yep. And yet we know it has to be a nerf to laser mining, perhaps coupled with a slight buff to Core mining (and other things). No way are they going to raise everything else to the level of current laser mining.

In order to balance the various earning methods, they'll have to attempt to raise the lowest while lowering the highest.

So what we will wind up with is multiple ways to earn less than mining earns now. That's if they do it right.

More likely they'll just shuffle things around and then players will discover new ways to make huge credits by doing something FD didn't anticipate.

You know, like it's always been :)
Yes quite. I never seem to find the time for any mining other than laser, so if they make that not worth the time sink I'll likely just stop mining for a while. There's so much money in exploration and combat, these days, that if the time consuming tasks don't pay as much FD risk people simply stopping them altogether. I wish that FD hadn't broken the economy a while back, in the first place. Now that mining has been overly powerful in terms of credits and other things have raced to catch up, it's rather too late to effect a course correction. Plenty of us are now rich (I'm a wasteful commander, but if ever I want some credits I jsut take a couple of massacre missions and there's another 100m) so it smacks rather of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted to me.

Yes, painite mining is - at the moment, anyway - quite lucrative. My last sale was for ~1mCr per unit in a high-demand system. Which was nice.

My one hope - at the risk of sounding like a scratched record and beating that poor horse again - is that they make tritium mining easier. And by that, I mean more prevalent: and perhaps extremely cheap and purchasable from all sorts of stations.

I don't mind a more risk-versus-reward strategy but at least let us fuel our carrier more readily.

Of course, this is just my opinion and it's conpletely open to being thoroughly critiqued and hit with the Flaming Rod of Au Contraire (INT +10, WIS +10).

Last edited:
Yes, painite mining is - at the moment, anyway - quite lucrative. My last sale was for ~1mCr per unit in a high-demand system. Which was nice.

My one hope - at the risk of sounding like a scratched record and beating that poor horse again - is that they make tritium mining easier. And by that, I mean more prevaleant: and perhaps extremely cheap and purchasable from all sorts of stations.

I don't mind a more risk-versus-reward strategy but at least let us fuel our carrier more readily.

Of course, this is just my opinion and it's conpletely open to being thoroughly critiqued and hit with the Flaming Rod of Au Contraire (INT +10, WIS +10).
I think that the whole thing has become a bit odd. I used to mine quite regularly but now don't that often purely as I don't need to. I can take a wing massacre mission with the squadron, it's 20m cr or so for around 30 kills. But with four of us winged up, that's only single digit kills each, and unlike the wing trade dynamic, if we share the mission then we all get the full financial reward. Our squadron is expanding so there have been lots of wars recently, so I'm doing over 100m a week just in mission payouts, while advancing my combat rank. Add in the combat bonds and we're the richest group of fighter pilots who ever waged war. So FD will keep doing the odd nerf, but basically anyone who wants a big pot of cash has many ways to get it pretty easily, these days. Getting hold of tritium is about the last tricky corner, so am sure they will address it soon. The advent of carriers meant they wanted us all to have a lot of cash, so now Elite has gone all Weimar Republic and there's no way to switch it back.

Just did a flat 360 in my Python from a standing start while jumping to supercruise.
Gnarly!🛹

What am I talking about? Was trying to make HGE scavenging a bit more interesting.
Stop ship. Point at Wrecked Sidey. Charge FSD. Hit boost. Ship jumps while bouncing off wreckage, no damage (mostly).😬

Is it true they made bounty hunting a little more lucrative? I caught a short vid on the economic changes a few days ago but I couldn't really tell if they were just potential changes or official.

Is it true they made bounty hunting a little more lucrative? I caught a short vid on the economic changes a few days ago but I couldn't really tell if they were just potential changes or official.
They're looking at mining first, then combat.
What they're going to do exactly 🤷‍♀️
I expect some juggling of spawn rates and market values, nothing complicated.
Mining next week, then combat.
No changes to anything yet afaik.

I think just a launcher update, to do with the freebie on Epic.
Ah, right. I had to reassign values for the HUD in the XML so I thought something more significant was going on - and the "warming phase" for the GPU took ages :D

On a different note, I'm looking at my Beluga and wondering if it would be any good mining. I think the scars have healed from my early days when Beluga's were the bane of my life.

Ah, right. I had to reassign values for the HUD in the XML so I thought something more significant was going on - and the "warming phase" for the GPU took ages :D

On a different note, I'm looking at my Beluga and wondering if it would be any good mining. I think the scars have healed from my early days when Beluga's were the bane of my life.
So instead of ramming them trying to get into stations you are going to ram them into rocks to save overheating your mining lasers.

The Power Distributor might be a little small for heavy duty laser mining.

So instead of ramming them trying to get into stations you are going to ram them into rocks to save overheating your mining lasers.

The Power Distributor might be a little small for heavy duty laser mining.

It would be a fitting "revenge is a dish best served cold" wouldn't it? :D Or possibly "... served with extreme prejudice". Mind you, I do remember saying once that I'd eventually buy a Beluga and ram it down the throat of a star. Hmm...

I won't testing the mining theory out for a bit as I'm furiously carrier hopping back to the bubble. Need to offload the smallish (555 units) amount of painite I have on board before the nerf stick hits.

Here we go:

Just been perusing that thread.

o9XdJxD.jpg

While there is a nerfing incoming, it doesn't seem as drastic as it could have been. Well, at the moment anyway :D I'm just waiting for the whining to start and the salt to be sprayed,

Top Bottom