General Remove Mission Only Items. Or make Stations Guarantee such Missions at all Times.

Dont know.
I am playing this for a long Time. I dont even know what parts they added while I took a break etc.
Right now I am Busy Grinding Money for my Fleet Carrier. So I am busy with that and dont care about much else.

Irrelevant to Topic. The Mechanic is Still Rubbish and you yourself actually just now Statet its used 6 more times.....

Thats Factually Wrong. Which I explained Several Times Already. I wont Explain it again. If you didnt get it by now you never Will. All there is to it.

You are not Guaranteed that Mission. So thats a Fallacy and also Irrelevant to Topic.
I Explained this a felt 50 times as well now. I am not gonna Explain it again. Read the Previous Posts or Off.

I am the Owner of that Faction PERIOD. ^^
I am the One who Named it, Wrote the Backstory and who Decided which Factions it belongs to and where it Spawned etc.
I am also the One who made sure that the Faction Conquers Stations and Expands into other Systems.

And Obviously I am Allied with the Highest Possible Standing to it.
So do me Favor and Stop making a Clown of yourself by throwing obvious Strawman arguments around that have no argumentative value and only muddy the waters for observers.....

1. So you are admitting you are talking about stuff you have very limited knowledge about. that is a good foundation for making good arguments...

2. Why is that irrelevant? with the same logic, there would be NO need to unlock any engineers, as all of those are a one time thing.

3. still rambling on without saying anything... good counter argument by not saying anything, and the fact that you admittedly plays a game that say you would not play due all the RNG is quite telling here... I can understand that you do not want to acknowledge this kind of logical problems with your arguments...

4. you still fail basuci understanding of these game mechanics, you are neither guaranteed to get a specific signal source to begin with. but it is quite evident that this will work against your arguments, and thus you do what you accuse others of, ignore data that do not support your arguments.

5. This is pure golden, what exactly can you do as the "owner" of your minor faction? do you get any extra bonuses, rewards for being the "owner"? here you just fly off the hinges in big ramblings without showing that you understand the game mechanics involved....

I am not here to make you any favours, and if you want show off your are not grasping how the game mechanics works and ignore all the other suggestions about what you did get wrong in your assumptions on what you believe was the big issue, that is on you. being to stubborn to admit that you failed to properly understand this mechanic that is on you.

1. So you are admitting you are talking about stuff you have very limited knowledge about. that is a good foundation for making good arguments...

2. Why is that irrelevant? with the same logic, there would be NO need to unlock any engineers, as all of those are a one time thing.

3. still rambling on without saying anything... good counter argument by not saying anything, and the fact that you admittedly plays a game that say you would not play due all the RNG is quite telling here... I can understand that you do not want to acknowledge this kind of logical problems with your arguments...

4. you still fail basuci understanding of these game mechanics, you are neither guaranteed to get a specific signal source to begin with. but it is quite evident that this will work against your arguments, and thus you do what you accuse others of, ignore data that do not support your arguments.

5. This is pure golden, what exactly can you do as the "owner" of your minor faction? do you get any extra bonuses, rewards for being the "owner"? here you just fly off the hinges in big ramblings without showing that you understand the game mechanics involved....

I am not here to make you any favours, and if you want show off your are not grasping how the game mechanics works and ignore all the other suggestions about what you did get wrong in your assumptions on what you believe was the big issue, that is on you. being to stubborn to admit that you failed to properly understand this mechanic that is on you.

Strawman Attack without Relevance to Topic.

Its Irrelevant to the Topic because its Unrelated to the Topic lol.
The Topic is the Mechanic itself. Not how often it is used.
Moreover its Hilarious how you in the Same Post Point out the Mechanic is used 6 more Times and then Say its a Mechanic only used Once.
Notice something ???

I have Explained this about 20 Times in this Topic. Yet you guys just Keep Repeating the Same Rubbish.
If you guys just Continue Repeating the same Rubbish anyways. Why should I bother Writing a Full Answer each time ?

Nope. At this Point I am honestly said Convinced that you guys are Completely Aware that you are talking Bullcrab and are actually not motivated out of Conviction but out of Spite.
Thus attempting to Derail and Troll this Topic instead of bringing any Arguments.
Hence you just keep coming back with the same Bullcrab I debunked on every Single Page of this Topic 2-3 times. And Pretend you didnt Understand it.

Whats Golden is how you Guys are Spending so much Time to somehow Derail this Topic.
I have Rarely seen so much Desperation in grasping for Straws.

Topic is that certain Required Items are Available only by Rolling Dice. With no other way to Acquire them.

Your Arguments against this so Far.

A.
Oh but you can do other things while Rolling the Dice = Which is Irrelevant because It doesnt change the Complaint that you can only get the Items by Rolling Dice.
B.
Oh but you can Improve the Chances of the Dice Rolls by being Allied with all Factions = Which is also Irrelevant because again it doesnt change the Dice Rolling part.
C.
Oh but you only have to do it a few Times = Yeah Thanks for the Info. But again. The Dice Rolling Part remains True and Unchallenged. So its Irrelevant to Topic.
D.
Oh but you Suck or have no Idea or whatever Personal Attack Strawman works to hide that we have no Arguments = Yeah. Thanks. But I dont care and the Dice Rolling Part is Still there.
E.
Oh but you do not Own your Minor Faction you Created because we Define Ownership only as you having Full Control over it = Yeah. Very Nice for You. But I dont care how you define Ownership and this is not even Remotely Related to the Dice Rolling Stuff of Mission Only Items anymore lol.

Notice Something ?
For some Time I assumed that maybe you guys really are just so oblivious that your just not understanding that your just throwing out stuff that is completely irrelevant to the Topic.
But there is no way people could be this incapable of reading.
So the more Likely answer is. You know your Wrong. You know you have no Arguments against my Complaint. But you do not Want to Admit. So you just keep Trolling and Derailing the Topic.
And hey. I guess since it Creates Traffic for the Topic thats Fine. But pls dont Expect me to Just give you a Full Explanation after you Repeated the same Rubbish the 50th Time.

Moreover its Hilarious how you in the Same Post Point out the Mechanic is used 6 more Times and then Say its a Mechanic only used Once.
Notice something ???

I have Explained this about 20 Times in this Topic. Yet you guys just Keep Repeating the Same Rubbish.
If you guys just Continue Repeating the same Rubbish anyways. Why should I bother Writing a Full Answer each time ?

Nope. At this Point I am honestly said Convinced that you guys are Completely Aware that you are talking Bullcrab and are actually not motivated out of Conviction but out of Spite.
Thus attempting to Derail and Troll this Topic instead of bringing any Arguments.
Hence you just keep coming back with the same Bullcrab I debunked on every Single Page of this Topic 2-3 times. And Pretend you didnt Understand it.

Whats Golden is how you Guys are Spending so much Time to somehow Derail this Topic.

Topic is that certain Required Items are Available only by Rolling Dice. With no other way to Acquire them.

A.
Oh but you can do other things while Rolling the Dice = Which is Irrelevant because It doesnt change the Complaint that you can only get the Items by Rolling Dice.
B.
Oh but you can Improve the Chances of the Dice Rolls by being Allied with all Factions = Which is also Irrelevant because again it doesnt change the Dice Rolling part.
C.
Oh but you only have to do it a few Times = Yeah Thanks for the Info. But again. The Dice Rolling Part remains True and Unchallenged. So its Irrelevant to Topic.
D.
Oh but you Suck or have no Idea or whatever Personal Attack Strawman works to hide that we have no Arguments = Yeah. Thanks. But I dont care and the Dice Rolling Part is Still there.
E.
Oh but you do not Own your Minor Faction you Created because we Define Ownership only as you having Full Control over it = Yeah. Very Nice for You. But I dont care how you define Ownership and this is not even Remotely Related to the Dice Rolling Stuff of Mission Only Items anymore lol.

Notice Something ?
For some Time I assumed that maybe you guys really are just so oblivious that your just not understanding that your just throwing out stuff that is completely irrelevant to the Topic.
So the more Likely answer is. You know your Wrong. You know you have no Arguments against my Complaint. But you do not Want to Admit. So you just keep Trolling and Derailing the Topic.
And hey. I guess since it Creates Traffic for the Topic thats Fine. But pls dont Expect me to Just give you a Full Explanation after you Repeated the same Rubbish the 50th Time.

1. what is stawman here?
2. you still show lack of understanding of game mechanics.
3. You are still reiterating the same flawed arguments with no regards to what people have replied with.
4. still failing to understand the core game mechanics that you are NOT in way guaranteed to get a specific signal source.
5. This comes from the påeson that admitted you are trolling. repeating a lie over and over does not make it true, regardless how much try...

and your summary fails short is when you take stuff out of context, as you fail to show understanding of the actual game mechanics and just focusing a on single part without actually taking accounting for the rest of the game mechanics.
The one making the personal attacks are YOU, nice projection of your own actions on this one.

1. what is stawman here?
2. you still show lack of understanding of game mechanics.
3. You are still reiterating the same flawed arguments with no regards to what people have replied with.
4. still failing to understand the core game mechanics that you are NOT in way guaranteed to get a specific signal source.
5. This comes from the påeson that admitted you are trolling. repeating a lie over and over does not make it true, regardless how much try...

and your summary fails short is when you take stuff out of context, as you fail to show understanding of the actual game mechanics and just focusing a on single part without actually taking accounting for the rest of the game mechanics.
The one making the personal attacks are YOU, nice projection of your own actions on this one.

Answer was made before.
Repeating your Rubbish does not Justify a Different Answer

Notice something ???

A.
B.
C.
D.
E.

Notice Something ?

Answer was made before.
Repeating your Rubbish does not Justify a Different Answer

Yup, you sure have convincing arguments and showing understanding of the game mechanics...

So lets look for modular terminals... and break it down a bit and then compare it to hunt some stuff in a signal source and compare how the game mechanics works.. as you have CLEARLY stated that these works totally different.

Visit a station, view missions, and game will now show a generated mission list, with random generated missions with random generated rewards. So there is no guarantee that you will find a mission with a specific reward. Mission board is refreshed after a set time. So your options to view more missions is to either wait or visit another station.

Hunting for a signal source, enter supercruise and scan for signal sources, and then look for a matching signal source for what you are looking for, these are random generated and you are not guaranteed to get a specific signal source every time, and even their reward are not guaranteed either, so despite being in the correct system, with the desired system state, you can still fail to find what you are looking for. These spawns at some regular intervalls or if you changes system.

Now, as with the signal source hunt, there are a couple of factors more to where to look for them, as system state, economy of system, etc pays a role in the likelyhood stuff spawns. so ignoring these things and just picking a random system, like your home system, and expect to find "everything", in this system is not going to work out that well...

So if you did not bother do your own due diligence and look for clues of where other players have found these missions, you could spend quite alot of time looking these, that is pretty true. but that is the same for just about most of the engineering stuff at high grades, so nothing specific to this one. Take Imperial Shieldings for example, if you are in Federation space, and trying to find these things in High Grade Emission signal sources, you could spend quite alot of time finding the wrong stuff... so you can either keep looking for in the wrong place, or go and look for these in Imperial space.. and still fall short, as system economy and system state also plays a role in where to find this stuff.

But the basics behind to go looking for missions with a specific reward and signal source to get a specific reward are the same, and have for most of the time the same requirements for where you find these.
  • Super Power Allegiance
  • System Economy
  • System State.

For modular Terminals, you are more likely to find these in Industrial systems that are in Boom state.

But if you do not care to learn about these things and just go venting about stuff you do not fully understand and reject anything that do not confirms to your beliefs as garbage, then of course you are going to be treated like a temper tantrum 4 year old that did not get their lollipop before dinner.

So do I think the current system is good? nope, I wish they would utilize the Codec ALOT more to give us information ingame, not only for modular terminals, but for any of these stuff we collect for various reasons. To have an ingame source for information that would give us hints and direction to where we found this stuff before, would promote us to actually go and explore the game more, by visiting other systems, docking at stations, checking out their mission boards, and markets, stuff we can do as we play casually, doing other stuff. So the more we visit neighbouring systems etc, the more information we have about where to find specific stuff. And we would have it available to us in the game, without having to resort to 3rd party information about it. There would still be a use for Inara and the other useful community driven sites, but they would be less of a requirement.

I do not know if you have tried Warframe, but one of the better things in that game, is their Codex, here they collect stuff and the more you play the game and discover stuff, they update the codex with where you got it, etc, so you can spend quite some time just looking in the Codex to figure out where to find specific things. not everything, but most things. So imagine how useful this would have been in Elite for all sorts of things, not only for Modular Terminals, or Imperial Shieldings or what you are looking for, but stuff like the guardian sites, where we could new entries in out Codex when new ones are found etc,

Yup, you sure have convincing arguments and showing understanding of the game mechanics...

Irrelevant Provocation.

So lets look for modular terminals... and break it down a bit and then compare it to hunt some stuff in a signal source and compare how the game mechanics works.. as you have CLEARLY stated that these works totally different.

Fallacy. You are assuming that if there was a Material that can be Received ONLY from Signal Sources with no other Ways of getting it.
I would not Complain about Signal Sources.
This is Wrong. Because if there is something you cannot get any other way except Signal Sources then I would Complain about that too.

Visit a station, view missions, and game will now show a generated mission list, with random generated missions with random generated rewards. So there is no guarantee that you will find a mission with a specific reward. Mission board is refreshed after a set time. So your options to view more missions is to either wait or visit another station.

Correct.

Hunting for a signal source, enter supercruise and scan for signal sources, and then look for a matching signal source for what you are looking for, these are random generated and you are not guaranteed to get a specific signal source every time, and even their reward are not guaranteed either, so despite being in the correct system, with the desired system state, you can still fail to find what you are looking for. These spawns at some regular intervalls or if you changes system.

That is Correct. Signal Sources are like the Mission Board Dice Rolls.
I am however not aware of anything that you can get ONLY from Signal Sources.
If there is Something then I will Complain about that Too.

Now, as with the signal source hunt, there are a couple of factors more to where to look for them, as system state, economy of system, etc pays a role in the likelyhood stuff spawns. so ignoring these things and just picking a random system, like your home system, and expect to find "everything", in this system is not going to work out that well...

Correct. Albeit it does not Change that Ultimately you have to Roll Dice. You can Increase the Chances for a Good Roll. But you still Roll Dice.

So if you did not bother do your own due diligence and look for clues of where other players have found these missions, you could spend quite alot of time looking these, that is pretty true. but that is the same for just about most of the engineering stuff at high grades, so nothing specific to this one. Take Imperial Shieldings for example, if you are in Federation space, and trying to find these things in High Grade Emission signal sources, you could spend quite alot of time finding the wrong stuff... so you can either keep looking for in the wrong place, or go and look for these in Imperial space.. and still fall short, as system economy and system state also plays a role in where to find this stuff.

But the basics behind to go looking for missions with a specific reward and signal source to get a specific reward are the same, and have for most of the time the same requirements for where you find these.

• Super Power Allegiance
    • System Economy
    • System State.

For modular Terminals, you are more likely to find these in Industrial systems that are in Boom state.

Irrelevant to Topic.
As Stated like a hundred times now.
Improving Chances on your Dice Rolls does not Change the Fact that you are Rolling Dice.
My Complaint still is the Fact that you have to Roll Dice till you get the right Result.

But if you do not care to learn about these things and just go venting about stuff you do not fully understand and reject anything that do not confirms to your beliefs as garbage, then of course you are going to be treated like a temper tantrum 4 year old that did not get their lollipop before dinner.

Fallacy. You are making an Assumption on my Behavior without any Evidence. Furthermose you are Ignoring the Fact that I have Repeatedly Told you. That Increasing the Chances of the Dice Rolls is Irrelevant to me. Because I complain about the Fact that you have to Roll Dice to get this Item.

So do I think the current system is good? nope, I wish they would utilize the Codec ALOT more to give us information ingame, not only for modular terminals, but for any of these stuff we collect for various reasons. To have an ingame source for information that would give us hints and direction to where we found this stuff before, would promote us to actually go and explore the game more, by visiting other systems, docking at stations, checking out their mission boards, and markets, stuff we can do as we play casually, doing other stuff. So the more we visit neighbouring systems etc, the more information we have about where to find specific stuff. And we would have it available to us in the game, without having to resort to 3rd party information about it. There would still be a use for Inara and the other useful community driven sites, but they would be less of a requirement.

Fallacy. That would not be a Change of the System. It would only be a Change in Information. Meaning you want the Game to Give People the same Useless Information that you have been throwing at me for the last Week.
Ignoring the Fact that the System is still just Rolling Dice.

I do not know if you have tried Warframe, but one of the better things in that game, is their Codex, here they collect stuff and the more you play the game and discover stuff, they update the codex with where you got it, etc, so you can spend quite some time just looking in the Codex to figure out where to find specific things. not everything, but most things. So imagine how useful this would have been in Elite for all sorts of things, not only for Modular Terminals, or Imperial Shieldings or what you are looking for, but stuff like the guardian sites, where we could new entries in out Codex when new ones are found etc,

I tried Warframe. And I consider it a useless Grindfest.
You kill an Enemy and he Randomly can Drop completely Unrelated Stuff.
I generally Prefer Games where what you get Depends on what you Kill.
For example. Baldurs Gate. You kill someone you get His Equipment. You get the Equipment that Character used. Not random Stuff in his Loottable.
You dont get this. "Oh Yeah this High Level Assassin which Attacked you with 2 Poison Daggers dropped you a Great Hero Two Handed Sword moment"

I have Explained this several Times now.
But as this Post actually made some Effort on a Proper Discussion. Even if it once more repeats the same stuff that I already told you isnt relevant to the Topic.
I will try to once more Explain this to you.

You guys are ONLY talking about Methods to make the Dice Rolling Easier, Faster or do something useful while Rolling Dice.
But none of what you guys Say. Is actually removing the Dice Rolling Part.

Your Obnoxious Friend is Basicly Inviting you to Play Dice.
And you tell him you dont want to Play Dice.
But instead of Suggesting a Different Game. Your Friend just keeps Talking about how you can have Nice Drinks while Playing Dice, Talk about Girls while Playing Dice, Test out this Nice Dice Cup he bought to make Rolling the Dice Easier and maybe Order a Pizza while Playing Dice.
Notice that ? Your Friend is not moving an Inch Away from the Core Problem you told him. Which is that you are Fed up with Playing Freaking Dice......

Pls get this into your Head.
Unless you Remove the Dice Rolling Part. Nothing you Say has any Relevance to me.
You can Polish that Turd of Dice Rolling as much as you want. But the Fact is it Remains a Turd and I.ll have no Part in it.

Ran out of space for MT when I farmed them for a few hours last night - hopefully someone will come along and buy the damn things soon to make space on my FC

1605990285068.png

Umm, guys, I'm serious here: can I acually make any good credits getting this stuff and selling it to your carriers, or it's more like voluteer job for food?

Umm, guys, I'm serious here: can I acually make any good credits getting this stuff and selling it to your carriers, or it's more like voluteer job for food?
Can you? Sure, probably, there's obviously significant player demand for the things. A glance at the Inara page for MTs (https://inara.cz/galaxy-commodity/181/) shows a handful of carriers paying close to top prices for them. I suspect the number of people making a business out of that is small enough that it's not terribly viable as a dedicated profession, but it could be a profitable side hustle if you're already in the business of running missions.

Are you Allied with the factions offering the missions?
Is there a mechanic in the game that knows you need MTs but decides to make you run a few missions with them and get Rep and Inf before letting you get the prize?
It's just another way to prolong gameplay with effort means reward. I know it isn't really helpful when you're already grinding to get materials to engineer, that you have to now grind again just to get the item you need.

Just be grateful that it isn't all materials.
I ended up having to buy a passenger ship and ferry some snobs about just to get MTs and I hate passenger missions but it was what was required and I just got on with it. It's part of the game, I knew what I was buying when I bought it over 4 years ago and I still continue to play it.

If everything was solvable by just throwing credits at it, then this game would be dead now in my opinion. I know that I'd have been bored of it now if it was that way.

O7 Commander.

In Theory sure.
But the amount of Money you can make is pretty Marginal. Cause even if someone offers Maximum Price. It is still a very low Price.
Nothing near what you get just Spacetrucking or Mining.

Are you Allied with the factions offering the missions?
Is there a mechanic in the game that knows you need MTs but decides to make you run a few missions with them and get Rep and Inf before letting you get the prize?
It's just another way to prolong gameplay with effort means reward. I know it isn't really helpful when you're already grinding to get materials to engineer, that you have to now grind again just to get the item you need.

Just be grateful that it isn't all materials.
I ended up having to buy a passenger ship and ferry some snobs about just to get MTs and I hate passenger missions but it was what was required and I just got on with it. It's part of the game, I knew what I was buying when I bought it over 4 years ago and I still continue to play it.

If everything was solvable by just throwing credits at it, then this game would be dead now in my opinion. I know that I'd have been bored of it now if it was that way.

O7 Commander.

Irrelevant to the Topic.
I dont really care if you can Increase your Chances on the Dice Rolling a bit.
I am Opposing the Fact that you have to Roll the Dice for an Item with no way to Guarantee it.
And no. I am not Grateful that they dont Implement Poor Game Mechanics for all Items you Need.
I would be Grateful if they Implemented Proper Gameplay for all Items you Need.

Call me Greedy. But this is a Game I Pay for.
So not messing up Everything is not a good enough standard to make me Happy.

It's really not that hard to find those items.
And looking for them, solving a problem, is part of the game.

Are you Guys sure you even want to Play Elite Dangerous ?
I mean. If your that Satisfied with just Rolling Dice then why bother with all the Hassle around it ?
Just go to your Neighboring Casino and Play there.
7-Reasons-that-Make-Online-Slot-Games-So-Fun-1024x682.jpg

Albeit I guess. Rolling the Dice in ED is a bit Cheaper after all.

Irrelevant to the Topic.
I dont really care if you can Increase your Chances on the Dice Rolling a bit.
I am Opposing the Fact that you have to Roll the Dice for an Item with no way to Guarantee it.
And no. I am not Grateful that they dont Implement Poor Game Mechanics for all Items you Need.
I would be Grateful if they Implemented Proper Gameplay for all Items you Need.

I found Modular Terminals by going to stations that I'm already Allied to and they were in abundance, hence why I asked.
So it is pretty relevant to the topic.

I found Modular Terminals by going to stations that I'm already Allied to and they were in abundance, hence why I asked.
So it is pretty relevant to the topic.

It is Irrelevant because the Complaint of the Topic is not related to the Chance of getting it.
But to the Fact that it is Purely a Chance Matter.

Its Similar to the Argument about Gasoline and Diesel Vehicles.
Diesel Vehicles Produce more Polution per Km they move so they are Regulated more Tightly and should be Phased out.
And the main Argument from the Car Companies to prevent that. Is basicly to say. Yeah but Diesel is more Powerful and needs less Fuel for the same Distance.
And Yeah. Thats Great. But its Irrelevant. Because People Drive the Distance they need to. Hence the only thing that matters is the Polution per Km Driven. It doesnt matter how many Litres of Fuel you need for that Distance because the Fact is the Diesel still causes more Pollution to Cover that Distance.

I dont care if you have a High Chance to get the Item. Or that you can do other Stuff in between etc etc.
The Fact is. To get that Item you have to Rely on a Random Dice Roll.
And Sorry. Thats not Gameplay. Thats Playing Slot Machine.

And this Fact that its a Random Dice Roll then Results in Situations like this.

I am the Owner of the Faction where I did my Mission back then.
Didnt Help. Still needed 3 Days with more than 2 Hours per Day to get the Mission.

Out of the 5 of us.
2 got them almost Instantly. Within the first few Missions they did. (one of them by the way got it from a Neutral Faction on the Port right after he Delivered the Courier Mission to Unlock Marco Qwent. So much for being Allied....)
1 got them in a medium time (relative to me) as he spend about 3 Hours Searching for a Mission.
1 (me) got them after a total of over 6 Hours Searching for a Mission. (3 Days Playing at least 2 Hours a Day)
1 had even worse Luck and after over 8 Hours gave up looking. Effectively Deciding. Yeah Screw this. This Sucks. They can Shove their Engineering Rubbish up their Rears.

With the Exception of the Guy who got it Instantly after Delivering the Mission to Unlock the Mission where he needs the Terminals got it from a Neutral Faction he didnt know. We did this in our Home System Owned by my Faction. Which is Aligned with our Squadron and for which we do Missions to Boost Influence.
Meaning you can Assume that all of us Are Allied Status with the vast Majority of the Factions in this and the Surrounding Systems

Now if you dont Mind the Question.
How Exactly has being Allied to the Faction any Influence on this being a Random Dice Roll ? :)

It is Irrelevant because the Complaint of the Topic is not related to the Chance of getting it.
But to the Fact that it is Purely a Chance Matter.

Its Similar to the Argument about Gasoline and Diesel Vehicles.
Diesel Vehicles Produce more Polution per Km they move so they are Regulated more Tightly and should be Phased out.
And the main Argument from the Car Companies to prevent that. Is basicly to say. Yeah but Diesel is more Powerful and needs less Fuel for the same Distance.
And Yeah. Thats Great. But its Irrelevant. Because People Drive the Distance they need to. Hence the only thing that matters is the Polution per Km Driven. It doesnt matter how many Litres of Fuel you need for that Distance because the Fact is the Diesel still causes more Pollution to Cover that Distance.

I dont care if you have a High Chance to get the Item. Or that you can do other Stuff in between etc etc.
The Fact is. To get that Item you have to Rely on a Random Dice Roll.
And Sorry. Thats not Gameplay. Thats Playing Slot Machine.

And this Fact that its a Random Dice Roll then Results in Situations like this.

I am the Owner of the Faction where I did my Mission back then.
Didnt Help. Still needed 3 Days with more than 2 Hours per Day to get the Mission.

Out of the 5 of us.
2 got them almost Instantly. Within the first few Missions they did. (one of them by the way got it from a Neutral Faction on the Port right after he Delivered the Courier Mission to Unlock Marco Qwent. So much for being Allied....)
1 got them in a medium time (relative to me) as he spend about 3 Hours Searching for a Mission.
1 (me) got them after a total of over 6 Hours Searching for a Mission. (3 Days Playing at least 2 Hours a Day)
1 had even worse Luck and after over 8 Hours gave up looking. Effectively Deciding. Yeah Screw this. This Sucks. They can Shove their Engineering Rubbish up their Rears.

With the Exception of the Guy who got it Instantly after Delivering the Mission to Unlock the Mission where he needs the Terminals got it from a Neutral Faction he didnt know. We did this in our Home System Owned by my Faction. Which is Aligned with our Squadron and for which we do Missions to Boost Influence.
Meaning you can Assume that all of us Are Allied Status with the vast Majority of the Factions in this and the Surrounding Systems

Now if you dont Mind the Question.
How Exactly has being Allied to the Faction any Influence on this being a Random Dice Roll ? :)
You keep going on about rolling of dices when lots of people here have told you exactly how to get the item you need and very easily.
No one other than you seems to have an issue with it. You're questioning the mechanics of the game that lots of us enjoy playing and have no issues with seeing as that's the game we bought into.
I have no right to demand that they change a thing. I can suggest they add something or tweak it but not once have they changed anything I have suggested as it wasn't deemed a problem and it got now backing from the rest of the community.

I'm currently looking for Grade 5 Pharmaceutical Isolators in Outbreak systems and that is considered rolling of dice. The chances on finding High Grade Emissions in an Outbreak system is rare, even finding an Outbreak system is hard.
FDev implemented the material traders into the game to assist that. However, I have to trade over 100 G5 materials of another type to get 16 Pharmaceutical Isolators which doesn't seem right but it beats aimlessly looking for something that doesn't exist.
Modular Terminals aren't that difficult to source and I can't see FDev fixing something that isn't broken.

You keep going on about rolling of dices when lots of people here have told you exactly how to get the item you need and very easily.
No one other than you seems to have an issue with it. You're questioning the mechanics of the game that lots of us enjoy playing and have no issues with seeing as that's the game we bought into.
I have no right to demand that they change a thing. I can suggest they add something or tweak it but not once have they changed anything I have suggested as it wasn't deemed a problem and it got now backing from the rest of the community.

I'm currently looking for Grade 5 Pharmaceutical Isolators in Outbreak systems and that is considered rolling of dice. The chances on finding High Grade Emissions in an Outbreak system is rare, even finding an Outbreak system is hard.
FDev implemented the material traders into the game to assist that. However, I have to trade over 100 G5 materials of another type to get 16 Pharmaceutical Isolators which doesn't seem right but it beats aimlessly looking for something that doesn't exist.
Modular Terminals aren't that difficult to source and I can't see FDev fixing something that isn't broken.

Have You ?
Alright. Maybe I just didnt get it.
Pls Tell me the Method which Guarantees me to get Modular Terminals without me just Rolling the Dice till I get Lucky. I am eager to know :)
Because no Offense Intended. But so far all of you just keep Telling me to Roll the Dice till I get the Result I want :)

Factually Wrong. Several People have already Said they do have Issues with this Mechanic.
And Well Yeah. I mean there is alot of People that like Gambling in Fact.
But thats not really an Argument you know. Because just because you like Gambling doesnt mean that I like Gambling.
Call me Elitist. But I prefer Skillbased Gameplay over Dice Rolling.

Factually Wrong. I have the Right to Demand whatever I want.
Of course that doesnt mean my Demand is Met. But I can Demand that and Fact is I do :)

Fallacy. Pharmaceutical Isolators have a Grace Mechanic.
Because you can Simply go to a Conflict Zone. Start Farming Guaranteed Materials from Destroying Enemy Ships.
And then Move to a Material Trader and Exchange whatever other Materials you got for the Pharmaceutical Isolators.
Which means that there is a Guaranteed Method to get it which is not Reliant on Luck.
I can GUARANTEE that regardless of Luck. I will get the Required Item by Grinding.
But there IS NO SUCH METHOD for Mission Reward Only Commodities.
They can only be Sourced by doing Missions or having someone else do Missions and Buy them from that Person.

Are you Guys sure you even want to Play Elite Dangerous ?
I mean. If your that Satisfied with just Rolling Dice then why bother with all the Hassle around it ?
Just go to your Neighboring Casino and Play there.
The question is are you sure you want to play ED?

I'm ok with some randomisation within rules that govern spawning unique items, or missions. Without it it would be incredibly boring.
Randomisation provides some semblance of realism (by introducing chance) without complex simulations governing availability of certain commodity. It's not perfect, especially that it's prone to exploits, like the board flipping you've mentioned, but it is there to make the game world more dynamic.

It's a mechanic that has been present in games for a long time, even way before computers were used for gaming (like: roll the dice to see what loot slain Ork has)

If you have some other, better idea how to make it work, then let's hear it. Maybe you will revolutionize gaming.

Top Bottom