Too many Carriers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
How do they move?
AFAIK the game treats carriers as stationary, but temporary assets. That is, they can be added to a system, orbiting a body, willy-nilly by players and then removed again from that system to be added in another system. But they are not able to move like ships are. They do not supercruise. They do not even move out of supercruise.
Someone who knows, please educate me.
They move from system to system. Can you move a Planet or a Station to a different System ??? NOoo..

List them separately, dont list them with planets and stations. It is very hard to find station in a list that contain 10 stations and 100+ carriers. Create sub folder for carriers.
When I go to System and listings, I want to see planets and Stations only, no Carriers.

It does say 'filters' right there, though.
I agree in principle that the carriers are all over the damn place, and annoying. But not that people are cheating to get them.

If you don't like seeing htem, stick to the boondocks, or go exploring.

Im going to play a little bit and sleep. Enjoy your nonsense explanation on how Carriers are STATIONARY. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......

Im going to play a little bit and sleep. Enjoy your nonsense explanation on how Carriers are STATIONARY. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......

If you REALLY want to get in to that (expert trolling, by the way), then a Station is movable since they start life a ship that flies (albeit slowly) to its destination system and then is built-out in to the station it becomes. We've even had CGs to do that. A carrier is a mobile station. It sits stationary around a body offering services in exactly the same manner. It can then make limited movements, system-by-system.

What you seem to be suggesting is that a carrier is a player-pilotable ship. It is not. Hell, mine doesn't even recognise me as the owner. It welcomes me like a station does. It's a mobile station.

Now, feel free to explain to us in detail how that is incorrect. Not a statement in capitals about being wrong. Details please. Go on. I dare yeh! :D

Deleted member 38366

D
Making Carriers a fixed part of the System Maps was a mistake.

Keeping the Credits flowgates open to attract more Players and causing a sustained Hyperinflation (which is receiving yet another boost due to "balancing") added plenty of more Carriers.
And it's not going to stop, not few Alt Accounts even run Carriers just for lulz.

The System Maps (easiest Solution) would need another tab for "Transient" Services such as Carriers - in lieu of re-designing the System Maps themselves and fully integrating Carriers without breaking the UI.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom