What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Over the last couple of days I started working on the border of the zoo between the entrance and the Polar Bears in the corner. Prepared a wolf enclosure and built and completed a Dall Sheep enclosure. Since I saw the new sea-themed pieces that are coming, I also layed the foundation for a lighthouse, in the bottom of which the Terrapins will move.

I had an especially good building day today. I started with giving the first part of the Okavango safari a security overhaul, since the Nyalas had kids who kept breaking out.
Then I finally added Elephants and Springbocks in a shared enclosure that is the second major part of the safari. I built this fort-like structure as shelter and did a bit of simple landscaping. I had to split all the rivers and lakes up into smaller parts because the water is becoming impossible to work with otherwise.

And last but not least I started preparing for Penguins! There is now a tunnel going from the Polar Bear underwater viewing area that leads to a new, deep water area viewing. I will probably turn the connecting tunnel into ice at some point, but I want to see what new assets we get first. Added some paths and redirected the railway, so I am good to go next week. :)

I do absolutely love the Design of your Quarantine Area. I've also wanted to build something like that. Maybe I will do it soon finally. But first I need to completely change the Layout of my Zoo (these poor People need to walk way too much and it doesn't look very good)
How did you make that Stack of Hay? Did you just put a lot of Bedding on Top of each other?
Thanks!
Those are three African 'Thatch Roof 1m Cone 2m' put together. There is an actual feeder inside.

It looks really nice, the buildings are very attractive and tidy if you get what I mean.

I started work on my Swedish zoo from scratch as I wasn’t really happy with it. Also lots of missing species meant I didn’t have much motivation to work on it. I saved the entrance though and began again and the first finished enclosure is for grey seals. I’m sure the new DLC will include some pieces to add though.
Yep, that's the thing with low-budget European zoos. Most of them contain local/regional species which are simply not in-game. At least soon we'll have the grey seal at least, which perfectly fits in a Swedish set-up!
I was expecting an European or Forest DLC so I might have to rethink mine aswell and introduce more African animals, given that the only European ones I can really use that would make sense are the Wolf, the Great flamingo and the Brown bear.

1 screen watching DeLadySigner video "Building underwater viewings" and my other screen building underwater viewings.

Not sure which option or mix I will try first on Tuesday.

Thanks!
Those are three African 'Thatch Roof 1m Cone 2m' put together. There is an actual feeder inside.
Didn't think about that one. Thanks. I'll need to try it. But first I need to wait for a important Computer Part to be delivered😴
This will be especially great if we someday get more Petting Zoo Animals than just Llamas

I've been working on my Giant Panda breeding program since it was Panda breeding challenge this week. 720 Pandas bred so far, and 60 perfect babys (aiming for 100, 50 males, 50 females, half black/white, half albino) :D

(I will sell all the remaining adults for base price once I finish the breeding program and I will post in in the animal trading thread before i do!)

Yesterday, I finished decorating the koala habitat. Now I am working on the kangaroo habitat behind it. Hopefully, Australia will be done when the penguins drop!

20201204174305_1.jpg

Yesterday I managed to pretty much finish the main backstage area including a couple quarantine pens. It might still need some more detailing and I might change the pathing (or might not because it's reaaally frustrating).

I started the actual zoo but so far nothing worth to be shared.

Really love the look you've created for this!
I mostly play in franchise, but may need to move to sandbox to be able to start doing off-stage/back-stage pieces more, as I really like the look of them.

"I had to split all the rivers and lakes up into smaller parts because the water is becoming impossible to work with otherwise."

I have found this too -- and will become more of a thing with the aquatic pack on Tuesday. It has been interesting to try to build items that water that looks visually as if it's one large river/stream/lake/ocean, but which is actually several different water items so that they I can edit them each more easily.

I have hit a terrible creative block.
Sorry to hear this. I'm sure you know all the normal ways to look for inspiration that work for you -- pinterest,videos, etc.

I know that people play this game in a lot of different ways, but for me it sometimes helps to switch over to management tasks, or even a different map within the game to get ideas. Another thing I do sometimes is do a walking tour of my zoo looking specifically for places where I've forgotten to place trash bins, (or donation boxes, atms, benches, education, etc.). For me, it helps both because it fills in the gaps where my guests are leaving trash, but also because I see the zoo from a new angle, which often sparks something. But this may not be applicable if you're playing sandbox or without guests.

Hopefully Tuesday's new animals and pieces will spark something for you!

Sorry to hear this. I'm sure you know all the normal ways to look for inspiration that work for you -- pinterest,videos, etc.

I know that people play this game in a lot of different ways, but for me it sometimes helps to switch over to management tasks, or even a different map within the game to get ideas. Another thing I do sometimes is do a walking tour of my zoo looking specifically for places where I've forgotten to place trash bins, (or donation boxes, atms, benches, education, etc.). For me, it helps both because it fills in the gaps where my guests are leaving trash, but also because I see the zoo from a new angle, which often sparks something. But this may not be applicable if you're playing sandbox or without guests.

Hopefully Tuesday's new animals and pieces will spark something for you!

Yeah, I was hoping to have something on the go before the DLC drops (Wednesday for me) so I wouldn't have to muck around, but it's a bit like banging my head against a wall. I'm considering finding a workshop zoo that already has a custom entrance set up and facilities and going from there, since that's where I'm currently stuck.

Today I played for the community challenge. Have birthed 300 pandas at this point. May or may not come back in later tonight to check out the other zoos in my franchise that don't have pandas (some of them will eventually, and now I've got animals to fill up those habitats when i get to them).

This looks great!

Thank you! Yesterday, I played almost the whole day and plan to do so today as well. I have finished the kangaroos and added a cassowary habitat (a rather simple one). I also tried to connect two parts of the zoo with a monorail, but I wasn't happy with the outcome. Since I believe that the rides consume a lot of resources anyway, I erased it. Now I'm doing a lot of management, because many of my older animals are dying and I have to replace them and get the breeding organized.

Until May? Wow it must be really cold in Sweden compared to Germany.
I assumed there would be more Grass in the Enclosure but it looks also great like that

Depends but yes, summer can come quite late in the north. I really don't like the colour of the grass on the Tundra map so don't use much of it and I think it's generally unusual to keep reindeer in grassy enclosures.

Depends but yes, summer can come quite late in the north. I really don't like the colour of the grass on the Tundra map so don't use much of it and I think it's generally unusual to keep reindeer in grassy enclosures.

Usually reindeers are kept away from long grass, because they easily get all kinds of diseases from tick bites, if they are in zoos just a bit further south than their natural range. If I remember right. Nice enclosure by the way!

Top Bottom