Thank you for all your appreciation.

Interesting, that you have to quit before all the work gets appreciated so much ;-)
Makes me starting to regret my decision a bit. Though I was in doubt anyway, cause as I said: I like doing this BGS things very much. The main thing is that there were no breaks to relax and refuel the batteries and probably the fact of missing some help in the daily tasks.

Phra Lak is now in "pending expansion" which is great news!
Yup. As soon as I saw the 'Expansion Pending' yesterday I shifted operations over to LHS 397 and started doing TDW missions there. Today's tick shows that our influence in LHS 397 has now decreased, of course.

Yup. As soon as I saw the 'Expansion Pending' yesterday I shifted operations over to LHS 397 and started doing TDW missions there. Today's tick shows that our influence in LHS 397 has now decreased, of course.
Yes, Yes, as we are now PENDING EXPANSION again I ask that people either do missions for TDW to climb INF for us in LAVE if mission running is your thing or go do Conflict Zones in Wolf 433 where we just landed for invasion if you are feeling the urge to pew pew!

Off Topic - however I find it interesting in Lore terms, Sirius Atmospherics are the controlling faction at the CG location in the Coal Sack for Ammonia world xxploration; outside of Mons and one other small system 2 light years away from Mons which are only small bases. They were responsible for the terraforming of Sothis A5 which now I am connecting to being originally an Ammonia world. Mic Turner and the Alliance were connected in earlier Elite iterations to a 99 LY drive and a Thargoid large ship, now in canon we have Alliance and reverse engineered FSD. Food for thought eh!

Off Topic - however I find it interesting in Lore terms, Sirius Atmospherics are the controlling faction at the CG location in the Coal Sack for Ammonia world xxploration; outside of Mons and one other small system 2 light years away from Mons which are only small bases. They were responsible for the terraforming of Sothis A5 which now I am connecting to being originally an Ammonia world. Mic Turner and the Alliance were connected in earlier Elite iterations to a 99 LY drive and a Thargoid large ship, now in canon we have Alliance and reverse engineered FSD. Food for thought eh!
I would need to see some citation of Sothis A5 having originally been an ammonia world as the lore introduced in this CG indicates that the Ammonia Terraforming tech is entirely new.

I would need to see some citation of Sothis A5 having originally been an ammonia world as the lore introduced in this CG indicates that the Ammonia Terraforming tech is entirely new.
How often though is what we the public receive as "new" technology actually already have been being used by the military for over a decade? My friend told me when he was in the navy they had touch screen tech way before the rest of us.

Yes, Yes, as we are now PENDING EXPANSION again I ask that people either do missions for TDW to climb INF for us in LAVE if mission running is your thing or go do Conflict Zones in Wolf 433 where we just landed for invasion if you are feeling the urge to pew pew!

I would love to but there are no Conflict Zones in Wolf 433? Am I the only one? I did find some massacre missions though but no CZ...

I would love to but there are no Conflict Zones in Wolf 433? Am I the only one? I did find some massacre missions though but no CZ...

The invasion war in Wolf 433 is over, you won :)

Any assets not owned by the controlling faction (LHS 2541 Alliance Combine) can be taken if you really want to, but please don't go for system control because this system is one that helps Hudson get their fortification bonus for the Shoujeman Powerplay bubble. I'm pretty sure AEDC would also have something to say about it too.

The invasion of Wolf 433 was not intended, and the only benefit it provides is to be an extra system TDW is present in - one of the secondary goals of this project is to have TDW present in 50 systems I think?

TL;DR No more work is necessary in Wolf 433 :)

Does this mean that we are not currently seeking to increase INF in LHS 397 in readiness for the next expansion towards Sol?

Does this mean that we are not currently seeking to increase INF in LHS 397 in readiness for the next expansion towards Sol?
At 55% TDW is in a stable position there for the time being, I would think.

The invasion of Wolf 433 was not intended, and the only benefit it provides is to be an extra system TDW is present in - one of the secondary goals of this project is to have TDW present in 50 systems I think?

Indeed and perhaps the only further goal there would be to put TDW into a stable position to remain in the system

At 55% TDW is in a stable position there for the time being, I would think.

Indeed and perhaps the only further goal there would be to put TDW into a stable position to remain in the system

There's a current war that can easily be leapfrogged to put TDW into second position, grab some TDW bounties from LTT 5455 & sell them in 433 (medium pad only) if you want to do that.

Looks like TDW has achieved 2nd position in Wolf 433. The faction is, however, very close in influence with another (10.1% vs 10%) so some work will be required to keep TDW & Wolf 433 Corp from entering into a conflict state.

How often though is what we the public receive as "new" technology actually already have been being used by the military for over a decade? My friend told me when he was in the navy they had touch screen tech way before the rest of us.

Tin Hat Warning :)

I will make this as short as possible, maybe Cannon can investigate? Terraforming of Sothis A5 and A6. In Sol there is only one terraformed world Mars with 2.60 Atmospheres! And Venus is still a hell hole so the processes are unlikely to be CO2 related. There are a number of Ammonia related processes, both biological and direct conversion and as the information on the tourist beacon states power was the issue with using direct conversion, maybe the tin hat still falls with Sirius Atmospherics and their ‘new’ power generation? Maybe using the rare gold from Newholm?

Would be very interesting that power generation is required to drive a gate in 509? ( Extreme Tin Hattery ;) )

STANDING ORDERS FOR TODAY DEC 08 AND NEXT SEVERAL DAYS: Push TDW Influence in Wolf 433. Thank you!
As this was an accidental expansion, do we need to be a bit careful with this so that we don't end up coming in to conflict with the current owners?
(or is there sufficient headroom for us to stay lower / diplomatic efforts have resolved the situation)

...still a considerable margin in influence (16.2% vs 51.2%) in Wolf 433 before TDW needs to worry about getting into conflict with the controlling faction, LHS 2541 Alliance Combine. TDW is close enough to the next lower faction though that, without support, we'll enter into a conflict if that's not changed. Standing orders last given by @CMDR Kai Zen will still apply here, no doubt.

Just browsing over systems that TDW has a presence in, things looks pretty good with a couple of notable observations:

a) I noticed that in Lave we're getting close to a couple other factions' INF level. We'd have to do some INF-building missions to avoid a potential conflict there. As we know, Lave is a very populous system (and fairly busy), so it takes real effort to affect things.

b) In other systems, factions other than TDW are close together in INF so they are - or will be - in conflict (we've seen this regularly), but I don't know how to determine who we'd prefer to boost/support. Examples include:
Anyanwu, HR 4979, LFT 926, LHS 397, LTT 5455, Shinrarta Dezhra (good luck!),* and Turdetani

Just reporting my observations, CMDRs.

* Shinrarta is interesting. Besides the heavy traffic issue we know all too well, it turns out that all 4 factions are close together in INF right now.

Last edited:
In LTT 5455 there are two non-controlling, non-native factions - GQ Virginis General Corporation (Corp) and Wolf 562 Major inc (562). Corp is one of 'my' Squad's factions.

Non-native factions in a system with 7 factions are the ones that will be invaded by an expanding faction if they are not already in a conflict so to avoid invasion keep them over 7%-10% & just let them conflict with each other & the natives.

If a non-native gets into a conflict with a native, in general support the non-native. If two non-natives come together but one has easy access to bounties from another system they control, let them lose & quickly bump them back up again after the conflict ends. In LTT 5455 it doesn't really matter which non-native wins a conflict between them, in others it may be more difficult to help them.

Bounties can be easily obtained for Corp in GQ Virginis (or LHS 378), and for 562 in Wolf 562 if either need to be quickly bumped up after losing a conflict.

LTT 5455 is yours for as long as you want it, no need to worry about handing it back.

a) I noticed that in Lave we're getting close to a couple other factions' INF level. We'd have to do some INF-building missions to avoid a potential conflict there. As we know, Lave is a very populous system (and fairly busy), so it takes real effort to affect things.
Remember that other than invasions, you can't get into a conflict if you don't have any assets. So all you need to do in Lave is stay high enough that you aren't an invasion target.

b) In other systems, factions other than TDW are close together in INF so they are - or will be - in conflict (we've seen this regularly), but I don't know how to determine who we'd prefer to boost/support. Examples include:
Anyanwu, HR 4979, LFT 926, LHS 397, LTT 5455, Shinrarta Dezhra (good luck!),* and Turdetani
Shinrarta's fine as the BGS lock there prevents conflicts.

The others the only time you really need to worry about conflicts is if you're using a system as an expansion source (you don't want influence locked up in a conflict as it'll make getting to 75% much harder) - the rest of the time it doesn't matter so much, and at least until you get a new BGS planning team together what you probably need most is "lowest possible effort maintenance" (and once you've got a new BGS planning team together, you're getting large enough that they might want to continue that policy!)

In systems like LTT 5455, LHS 397, etc. you probably want conflicts between the two other non-natives as often as possible: if they're pending/active/recovering a conflict, they can't be invaded. So set up the conflict, ignore it until one side wins, then heavily push the other side on the "recovering" day to immediately re-trigger it. Who wins doesn't matter ... if it goes the full seven days as a 4-3 outcome or a no-score draw, even better, since you then only need to do something here once a week.

In LFT 926 the only other non-native is the CIA. So again, keep them in a conflict and you'll be protected from invasions there.

HR 4979 ... you could set up a "non-natives endless war" like LHS 397 by making sure Nuenets wins this one, then push Alliance of CD up to meet them for a repeat. Is it worth it? Maybe not.

Anyanwu and Turdetani are tougher as there's a lot of non-native factions, so you'd need at least two conflicts at all times to block invasions. If you're short on planners then you could always leave them to chance and if you do get an invasion, decide then which of the factions you like better.

The other thing you need to consider is where that Phra Lak expansion is going to go - there's only a few days to finish lining up an invasion there. Still, worst case you just end up somewhere you don't need and try again until you get one in the right direction. Finesse and careful planning has got you a long way towards LFT 509, but brute force is another option.

^ ^ ...we can all plainly see why having someone who knows BGS* is essential! Many thanks, Ian and other CMDRs.

I guess, by sheer accident, that my assessment that things are generally 'pretty good' was more-good than I thought! 🙃
Talk about being dangerous!

* obviously I'm not even close!

Top Bottom