Pulse Wave Analyser Fix

Elite Dangerous is not launching neither on Steam nor on Epic, what have they bloody done to it... ? The support page of Frontier Dev is down as well....I wonder why that is..?!?
Using 1 computer I have 2 instances running, epic and non steam game. My alt is in multiplayer sitting beside me. It could be heavy traffic.
GL
edit
They have in Ice and Rocky rings... Metal based no idea... did not ever mine low pay items before update...

I wish raw mat asteroids had speckles or something to hint at

Pianite 700k/t low pay... osmium 1.3mil/t... yeah, peanuts
Did not ever mine low pay items before update.

Metal rings core paid crap before balance update...
Ice rings (1.8 mill) and rocky (1.2 mill) core ALLWAYS paid more... Before update...
And laser mining was better that both before updates

Last edited:
good news its fixed ……...
the price of mined goods however goes up an down more frequently than a plank on a stormy sea.
I thought bitcoin was bad

I can confirm that the PWA is now working correctly again.

I went out for about an hour and was able to find 5 cores in that time. In fact I think it looks a bit better than it did before, cores were easily seen from quite a distance, and no backtracking needed.

Good work!

On many dev teams, a major new release will pull in the majority of the senior devs., leaving more junior members to deal with bugs in the current version It's also fairly common practice to let more junior devs or more recent hires work on bugs as a way to get into the code and build an understanding of how it's structured. That said, this approach requires some minimal oversight by more experienced devs.

But this wasn't just some obscure bug. It was a broken vital component to miners. It's typical of Fdev to seemingly not care much, sadly.

I have a post up where I described my Carrier jump sequence never plays out for me anymore. If I leave my Carrier and go into Supercruise, I get locked in the old system whilst my Carrier suddenly disappears. To work around this I have to log off on the Carrier then log back in to snap it to the new location. I cannot leave the Carrier as it seems to be in the old system when really it isn't. These bugs shouldn't exist many months and patches into release.

Last edited:
Fixing the Pulse Wave Scanner what other bugs has Frontier added to the game? Let's look for them. Maybe taking 3 months to get it right was about not adding any other bugs. We'll see...

New bug Fissures on console rocks are NOT insured to render untill AFTER prospector use only... PWA shows core rocks with out any fissures on out side...
First time was out side PVR window, second time recorded...
Source: https://youtu.be/4Pk-i478PF8

Unless there's some detail I'm missing, this is normal behaviour.

The process for core mining has always been:

1) Identify likely core asteroids using PWA
2) Use prospector to confirm core presence and reveal fissures
3) Launch seismic charges at fissures

The prospector also reveals subsurface deposits and highlights surface deposits (although the latter can be easily eyeballed and mined without prospecting)

If you're talking about the actual, physical fissures in the rock (not the targetable hud elements), they are present before you use the prospector, I can see some quite clearly in your video...

Last edited:

The prospector also reveals subsurface deposits and highlights surface deposits (although the latter can be easily eyeballed and mined without prospecting)

If you're talking about the actual, physical fissures in the rock (not the targetable hud elements), they are present before you use the prospector, I can see some quite clearly in your video...
There are NO fissure present untill After the prospector is fired in this is wrong, Surface deposits are not fissures... Fissures are cracks... not object that stick out before prospecting...
ldeqwvmmdk561.png

There rendered long before you ever get to the rock, BEFORE the bug effected it... fissure meant to be present BEFORE you fire prospectors so you don't carry extra collectors that decrease jump range and slow ships with weight...
Old versions not bug effected...
eJPbq4J.jpeg

Fissure (circled) before prospector:
pwa1.jpg

Fissure highlighted after prospector:
pwa2.png

There might have been a tweak to the texture detail or LODs (are you on console?) that makes them less noticeable in their pre-Prospector state, but they are there.

It doesn't look like a PWA-related bug. Looks like a change to asteroid texture quality.... maybe.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot to the team for this.

So any chance on the myriad of FSS/Codex/NSP bugs that are game breaking for Exploration because you don't always get the results for the system you're in, which have been in the game for two years are going to be fixed soon?

This means, for example, you could fully map the system with Raxxla in it, but it wouldn't actually appear for you. It seems that shouting loudly really does get things fast tracked.

SORRY WHAT? CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE MEGASHIP CARGO HATCH NOT SPILLING OUT CARGO!

Hi, you can see fissures with night mode. It's better

Now works cool,
Now, does someone actually have a solution for this or are you all from a different planet?
That looks like TLS 1.3 or so, some latest bug. I play using linux/wine, when they implemented forced update, MS .NET old stopped to work in any program including ED.
Now launching ED using Mono.
Also Steam has random connection problem last days. When this happens, ED fails too (asks login, etc).

Top Bottom