Please reduce the weight of your Mining NERF

This is gotcha craposting, and you and Leo should be ashamed of yourselves honestly. You full well knew my whole point was that was a hyperbolic general statement on the general state of mining. Not that I was saying Red's claim was literally "impossible" in the game-world of Elite.

No, you were however clearly suggesting that it was somewhere between an exaggeration and a lucky outlier when in fact it's consistent, easily repeatable and in no way exaggerated. No hyperbole involved at all.

I hate it myself.
I'm familiar with the principle, but i hate it and i cannot arx meself to do it, as a principle, not because it would be difficult
Random mining works way much better for me instead of bot mapped mining

I won't begrudge anyone who does it because its all means to an end its just something I couldn't see myself doing because my default setting is generally fast and easy.

Don't even Lorenzo!

No, you were however clearly suggesting that it was somewhere between an exaggeration and a lucky outlier when in fact it's consistent, easily repeatable and in no way exaggerated. No hyperbole involved at all.

Well since apparently discussing your opinion on this topic is "trolling", I'll just swing this back to mining. If what you were saying holds for the vast majority of mining scenarios, nobody would be coming here to the forums complaining about mining.

Mining took a huge nerfbat, and to get back on topic, I agree with the OP that it needs to be brought up a bit. You don't and that's fine, but that edge-case number you threw out? Just come off it man.

I won't begrudge anyone who does it because its all means to an end its just something I couldn't see myself doing because my default setting is generally fast and easy.

Don't even Lorenzo!

Me neither.
And since i didnt do mapped mining when it could give 500 millions per hour, definitely im not doing it now for 130-150 millions.
Massacre missions are better, easier, funnier, less boring... there are more, but i guess that should do :)

Me neither.
And since i didnt do mapped mining when it could give 500 millions per hour, definitely im not doing it now for 130-150 millions.
Massacre missions are better, easier, funnier, less boring... there are more, but i guess that should do :)

Enjoy them will you can because it cant be much longer before the bat is taken to them.

Enjoy them will you can because it cant be much longer before the bat is taken to them.
If people would stop running here and crying foul every time someone gets two credits to rub together, they would have no need to "fix" stuff that clearly isn't broken.

How is massacre stacking in need of fixing? It feels like combat is finally worth doing, imo they should leave it alone.

If people would stop running here and crying foul every time someone gets two credits to rub together, they would have no need to "fix" stuff that clearly isn't broken.

How is massacre stacking in need of fixing? It feels like combat is finally worth doing, imo they should leave it alone.

Im going to do something I take no pleasure in and agree with you re: the bleeting the forum excels in when people make more than 200 credits an hour.

As for mission stacking I again don't give a toss who does it and how much they make I've just been here long enough to know that there will be a forum tipping point where the whining about it will mean Frontier takes a bat to it.

Im going to do something I take no pleasure in and agree with you re: the bleeting the forum excels in when people make more than 200 credits an hour.

As for mission stacking I again don't give a toss who does it and how much they make I've just been here long enough to know that there will be a forum tipping point where the whining about it will mean Frontier takes a bat to it.
Come on you know it feels good being on Team Starshot :p

I think the only time the stacking gets nuts is when people with multiple accounts stack wing missions and share them. But that's such a silly outside edge-case, SURELY no developer would ruin them for everyone because of a few bad apples. Right????

cough

There's very little risk in exploring and it's one of the most lucrative things you can do in elite
Pre mining need, but post new exploration I:

1) Made 2.2Bn in a long-way-round two month Trek to Ishum's reach

2) Made 1Bn in a day mining.

Now admittedly, it was a long day mining, like 3 days worth of exploration time, but given that my mining ship can beat most NPC pirate wings it was hardly due to me for the excess risk.

They should have left mining alone AND buff combat. :rolleyes:

They need to pick a lane and stay in it. Either this is a "choose your own adventure" game, or a multiplayer MMO where the economy matters. As they constantly say it's the first, then what does it possibly matter how many credits mining makes??

Never saw the point of the mining nerf, especially how it was handled after Fleet Carriers were released. Not cool imo.

Pre mining need, but post new exploration I:

1) Made 2.2Bn in a long-way-round two month Trek to Ishum's reach

2) Made 1Bn in a day mining.

Now admittedly, it was a long day mining, like 3 days worth of exploration time, but given that my mining ship can beat most NPC pirate wings it was hardly due to me for the excess risk.

Well, yes.. but you do mining for credits
And you do exploratioon for the fun of it - and get credits in the process. And that's a nice amount there

I got like 260 millions hitting 600 systems in 3 days (full days) and with minimal mapping - like 30-40 bodies

Deleted member 182079

D
50,000,000cr / 250,000cr per ton (max price for Platinum per Inara is actually closer to 300k but let's be conservative here) = 200t

If you can't get that yield in a single Plat hotspot (where it's possible to come across rock yields of 60% or more on a regular basis, not to mention high-yield SSDs) within an hour then there's something wrong with your mining ship build, your technique, or both.

That's a Python per hour. "Would you like an Anaconda or two with that?"

Well, yes.. but you do mining for credits
And you do exploratioon for the fun of it - and get credits in the process. And that's a nice amount there

I got like 260 millions hitting 600 systems in 3 days (full days) and with minimal mapping - like 30-40 bodies
My post was in response to "Exploration is one of the most lucrative things you can do" which isn't close to true at all unless followed by the words "in a hauler".

Now, to be honest, I also hate the idea of mining being designed as "for money" rather than "for fun". It's a game. Making money should be fun. If you put in something that isn't fun to gatekeep what is, it's a design failure.

As it happens I enjoy mining (well, core mining), but it should not be the quick, dull road to something else.

50,000,000cr / 250,000cr per ton (max price for Platinum per Inara is actually closer to 300k but let's be conservative here) = 200t

If you can't get that yield in a single Plat hotspot (where it's possible to come across rock yields of 60% or more on a regular basis, not to mention high-yield SSDs) within an hour then there's something wrong with your mining ship build, your technique, or both.

That's a Python per hour. "Would you like an Anaconda or two with that?"
Invalid. Using a mining ship is cheating.

My post was in response to "Exploration is one of the most lucrative things you can do" which isn't close to true at all
I stand by my statement. To which people tried to invalidate by saying "road to riches isn't exploring" which is just...whatever. Point is when it comes to risk vs reward (the CONTEXT), you can make huge sums of money mapping high-credit planets etc etc with literally zero risk to oneself.

Also for the record, I don't think all credit-gaining activities necessarily need to be balanced against risk. Or that risk should be the only metric we value as apposed to time and other investments.

Top Bottom