What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

My argument still stands for some of these odd animal choices: I think they wanted to give players the opportunity to learn about relatively unknown species. I never heard of the Himalayan Brown Bear or the Dall Sheep or the Cuvier's Dwarf Caiman. Now I do, thanks the PZ. Plus, I think they wanted to give players the chance to obtain a cheaper relative/substitute for the highly popular animals

I worked on my brown bear habitat. It has a restaurant from which you can see the bears. It was difficult to make a good screenshot because there are many trees outside and many people inside the restaurant. I used the Himalayan brown bear and I still can't believe they put this subspecies instead of the Eurasian brown bear (which would have also covered Asia).

View attachment 210410

This Building is absolutely great. I really need to get better at building Restaurants. Mine aren't even close to looking that good

Today I worked on the externals of the Japanese Macaque habitat in my new Zoo.
2021.02.27-12.jpg

And here is my reptile house:

download (4).jpeg

(Yes, the outside looks lame. I'm working on It). It has space for Yellow Anaconda, Red-Eyed Tree Frogs, Poison Frogs (Lehmann's & Golden), Boa Constrictors, and both Iguana species. I also made it large enough to house a small Galapagos Giant Tortoise habitat and a Dwarf Caiman pool, plus a small food court with a Chief Beef and a Gulped Energy

download (5).jpeg
download (6).jpeg
download (7).jpeg
download (8).jpeg
download (9).jpeg
download (10).jpeg

Made it to 68 on the "Near Threatened" release challenge. Then I played around with the glass box exhibits a bit, learning more about their properties -- stacking them, staggering them at various heights, etc. I like the idea of building habitat-sized walk through spaces for them, using multiple boxes at once. But I'm just now getting comfortable enough with the various tools to make that more of a reality.

I finally did a habitat for an animal that is in the game, the grey wolf 🐺 (although the Spanish name in the game is clearly wrong since they call it Mackenzie wolf). I also wish we had more Mediterranean trees, because I'm starting getting bored of the pine trees 😂

20210225214847_1.jpg

20210225222530_1.jpg

20210301190629_1.jpg

20210301190755_1.jpg

20210301190932_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20210301190845_1.jpg
    20210301190845_1.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 39
This was a while ago, but I found out that if you make a walkthrough habitat for an animal that guests can't enter, all you have to do is make the ground path have railing, and everything is fine (although I only tested this with Giant Otters. EDIT: Oh, and Tapirs)

Last edited:
This was a while ago, but I found out that if you make a walkthrough habitat for an animal that guests can't enter, all you have to do is make the ground path have railing, and everything is fine (although I only tested this with Giant Otters)

Probably wouldn't work with something like lions. But yes, you can make walk-through habitats for other animals as well. Just have to make sure the path is raised (or some other way safely secured).

Probably wouldn't work with something like lions. But yes, you can make walk-through habitats for other animals as well. Just have to make sure the path is raised (or some other way safely secured).
Guess I'll conduct some experiments with some test subje- er, volunteers. I would be so weird if that's how it works, but at the same time hilarious ("Bro, all that separates us from that hungry Tiger is a 3-foot fence." "No problem, then. We'll be safe")

I finally did a habitat for an animal that is in the game, the grey wolf 🐺 (although the Spanish name in the game is clearly wrong since they call it Mackenzie wolf). I also wish we had more Mediterranean trees, because I'm starting getting bored of the pine trees 😂

View attachment 210808
Looks great Aramar!

As for the Mediterranean plants, I have/had the same problem in my project. I kept spamming pines, blackthorn ("endrino") and wattle bush (simulating "retama amarilla") everywhere. For a bit of a change, you can use the much bigger Italian pines ("pino piñonero") found on the workshop. Also I advise using marula trees as if they were holm oaks!

Hmm... after finding out that I just can not work in another biome that I don't have real life expierience with, there is an idea for a new zoo evolving in my head. Lets see where it ends. As you all now from Unity and Könisfreuden, I kind of like my weird concepts :D

I did the latest round of a Starter Zoo I've been making for Steam but one that includes extremely detailed scenery amidst easy starter access and easy management. Don't know when it will be finished.

Got the basics of my new zoo set up for next week's community challenge, named Aardvarks AarCool! Created a giant limestone building with a glass ceiling which completely houses 8 habitats for them. It was my first time building a complex that big. (In the past, I've just done shelter space and shells for shops). Have an outdoor camel habitat against one quarter of the outside, and a mixed zebras/buffalo habitat on another quarter. I'm thinking two giant lion habitats for the other two outside quarters (one albino, one regular), and then an elephant and possibly giraffe field beyond those. Those all seem like species that I'm still trying to breed up, so they should keep me busy while doing the aardvark challenge.

Top Bottom