Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

From Spectrum

Absolutely hilarious. Quite often I'll forward snippets like this to my dev team so that we can all have a communal giggle. I can't this time. I fear we'd lose too many work hours with the unending hilarity that would ensue.

EDO is not going to offer mission to counter the activities of other players.
EDO is not going to have real pvp bounty hunting.

EDO is not going to add any interesting multiplayer. There will not be any type of Risk vs Reward gameplay. Will still be huge and empty.

This is why it’s kinda daft to guess at EDO’s 'SC appeal' before it even hits alphaaaa ;)

We don’t actually know if the above are true yet. (They might revamp C&P, they might expand the adversarial CG approach. They might try and accommodate more risk/reward to suit the type of players FPS etc may attract, generally.)

Might as well wait and see what it’s like ¯\(ツ)

It's a part of Star Citizen that never gets old for me, the walking up to my ship, dropping the ramp or elevator and walking through the ship to the cockpit...even after 5 years of it :)
But I am reliably informed by some posters on these forums that if we have ship interiors in ED we’ll do The Walk maybe two or three times and then get bored of it 😁

(As a goggle-head, I’m forever doing VR-cheat walks & EVAs and would love to see a proper version come to ED at some stage in the future)

there's certainly a list of do's and don'ts I've always stuck to with SC since evocati...maybe that experience helps make the game run with less issues for us veterans of that era, I've no idea.

Yeah that would be interesting, if it’s not just vet behaviours like spotting server struggles, and walking around death traps, but actually prepping your machines too. (Particularly re RAM perhaps?)

I just look at that hill death footage and wonder: What the hell killed him? And could he have avoided it? (Is it one of those things that happen to him and not you?)

Did he die because:

• He just runs a lot, and eventually gave himself a heart attack?
  • He clipped through the terrain earlier, broke his legs, and didn’t realise because he’s in third person?
  • He asphyxiated because his helmet is toggling on and off imperceptibly?

Like, what? Which of CIG’s buggy systems did for him? 😄

After an intense day of yelling at lowly mopping citizens, officers deserve to release some pressure with rails

1614854319789.png

How's the sense of scale in SC compared to ED? I'm guessing it's much better just from having legs, but how's it look from the cockpit of a ship?
Others have replied but i'll add my 2 cents, with about 1100 hours of VR on ED...
So of course, in VR sense of scale (of anything) is fantastic.
For SC here's the thing, it depends on where you are. As usual on barren moons, your sense of scale is thrown off as you have no familiar point of reference (and that's true for both games !). But globally for a flat screen game, i'd say it's excellent, as ships are visibly big since you walk to them in order to get onboard, you get to appreciate their scale inherently.
Then there are a few locations with familiar points of reference (cities, outposts, also nature / trees on 2 planets) which immediately gives your brain the needed information to process the actual scale.
As for cockpit visibility, it's just like ED, some ships are terrible (Retaliator, Freelancer..), some are excellent, the MSR or Prospector for example have fantastic visibility from inside (MSR being a lot like Gutamaya ships with the panoramic windshield, with an added window below pilots feet).
So yeah it's one point where SC shines, objectively.

pl

EDO is not going to be Open Only.

EDO is not going to add any interesting multiplayer. There will not be any type of Risk vs Reward gameplay. Will still be huge and empty.

There are a lot of reasons to favor SC over ED that do not involve space feet.
Well for me Open Only would be deal breaker. Call me carebear, but I do not want to be other players "content" without explicitly willing it.

What a load of nonsense. Just like "PvP-slider". You can always tell NPC from human by observation.
That's a good point - does SC indicate human driven ships from AI/NPC driven ships?

One of the things in ED that still baffles me is why the radar contacts show different symbology for PC/NPC ships - imho it was and still is a boneheaded decision regardless of your playstyle, as it breaks the 4th wall.

That's a good point - does SC indicate human driven ships from AI/NPC driven ships?

One of the things in ED that still baffles me is why the radar contacts show different symbology for PC/NPC ships - imho it was and still is a boneheaded decision regardless of your playstyle, as it breaks the 4th wall.
Just the same thing. You can tell the difference always. Having different symbols just lowers the skill threshold to be able to discern player and AI. A concession to the carebear.

pl

EDO is not going to be Open Only.

There are a lot of reasons to favor SC over ED that do not involve space feet.
Well nice crystal ball you got there mate, lets just agree we just don't know yet and leave it at that.
I will give SC that the graphics are in most cases really nice when you look at the PICTURES, however playing the game is just not the same experience.

Been annoying me since day one!

I heard that VR in ED is a wonderful experience for the sense of scale, but never tested myself.
It is, and yet it disappoints on some level. Stations still don't feel as big as they are implied to be. There are places where it is obvious that the ACTUAL scale is wrong - doors made for hobbits is a common example. In fact, for the most part I get a better sense of scale in Space Engineers on my 15" laptop screen than I do most places in ED.

Disclaimer - I have a very basic headset (Rift S) that I cannot drive at ultra graphics settings. Perhaps if I had one of these 8K top-tier HMDs with ultra settings, perfect contrast, and no god rays, I'd feel differently. My VR headset sits in its box most of the time now, especially since I got a new 4K HDR TV (though I'm just as likely to play games on my lap in my recliner straight from my laptop).

I should do some raw vid footage of me playing a bit more...I love all those clips of SC bugs and foibles...but I rarely experience any of them myself day to day. I must be doing something wrong :(
Didn't you quit Microsoft Flight Simulator because it was too buggy for you? I'm just trying to gauge your bug level tolerance. Most people on the ED forum who say "There are no bugs!" obviously grew up sleeping outside on the ground in Georgia USA, LOL.

Top Bottom