No not Raxxlitis, I’m by no means suffering from grind nor fernweh, Raxxla is probably the only one thing which keeps me interested in the game and I hope by Brookes beard it is ‘currently’ in game, I sincerely do.

Have been on several breaks already, this currently is just a general Frontier Development malaise, caused by too much behavioural analysis. I’m over it now.

Raxxla provides me a star to fly by.

Last edited:
Lol who still gives a rat's behind about FD's Raxxla when there is a possibility of soft disclosure in a month's time from the US govt about irl Raxxla.

Fellow bros here, always remember that its just a game. Don't be too hard on yourselves.

I have put the Raxxla search on a lower priority for now until there is another official and clear FDev statement that it can be found currently. Because right now, with the Codex entry being the only real clue -if it is one-, anything outside of the game shouldn't be needed to solve this, so there really isn't much to go by. The alleged toast and all the other hints in the entry are just too open to interpretation, and I think it all comes back to the central issue of this search: we don't even know what we are looking for. We don't have the key to apply to the clues that generates something making sense. So... wait and see, for now. Still, I don't feel like we wasted our time here. It got us out exploring, after all. And at least for me, it has been a fun exercise so far in puzzle solving and engaging in the exploration aspect of the game :)

Because I cant get enough of Anagrams... And I couldn't remember us doing this..... Obfuscated in "the outer rim"

"The Outer Rim" rearranges to "Mother Uteri"

Mother Gaia anyone? Sol?

Of course it also rearranges to "Hermit Route"... and "Hour Emitter".... so im also thinking its a Rock Hermit in the Sol Asteroid belt that emits secret messages every hour....

For folly and japes, I am now inclined to quote Philip Sidney in every post I respond towards Frontier Development.
I could get behind that myself! So next time I want to express my anger and frustrations about the game, I will just say:

I sought fit words to paint the blackest face of woe:
Studying inventions fine, her wits to entertain,
Oft turning others' leaves, to see if thence would flow
Some fresh and fruitful showers upon my sun-burnt brain.

Sure is more fun to read than most of the rage posts recently.

Because I cant get enough of Anagrams... And I couldn't remember us doing this..... Obfuscated in "the outer rim"

"The Outer Rim" rearranges to "Mother Uteri"

Mother Gaia anyone? Sol?

Of course it also rearranges to "Hermit Route"... and "Hour Emitter".... so im also thinking its a Rock Hermit in the Sol Asteroid belt that emits secret messages every hour
I’ve thought for a while that Raxxla is likely to be in Sol. My previous “Raxxla in Sol” hypothesis was posted a while ago on this thread, when I believed the “clues” pointed to Sol’s asteroid belt. That made some sense with its proximity to Mars, where the alien artefact was found and indicates an alien visit to Sol. I have modifed the hypothesis a little after some further consideration, including pondering over the codex logo. The hexagonal theme of the logo is striking and we should consider how this might apply.

Saturn has a famous hexagonal storm at North pole, discovered in 1981 by Voyager which probably made a big impression on DB with his penchant for astronomy. Neptune has hexagonal storm at South Pole discovered 1989 by Voyager 2, both likely to have been in time to influence the Raxxla implementation. Pluto has polygonal convection patterns discovered by New Horizons flyby July 14 2015, but that’s too late for the gamma implementation and Pluto wasn't inserted into game until a later update. An entire population of comet-like bodies, called the Centaurs, is known to exist in the region between Jupiter and Neptune, but there are other groups of asteroids between the main asteroid belt near Mars and the outer planets. The codex mentions the Omphalos which was the centre or hub of the temple of Apollo at Delphi (the oracle at Delphi originally belonged to Gaea, the Earth goddess).

Han_Zen pointed out the similarity of various things to the Greek creation myths. The Titans were were the pre-Olympian gods (Guardian explorers?), the twelve children of the primordial parents Uranus and Gaia. The Titan Cronus castrated his father Uranus (parent’s grief, lover’s woe?), mated with his older sister Rhea and together they became the parents of the first generation of Olympians. The omphalos represents the huge stone wrapped in baby's clothes that Rhea gave Cronus which he swallowed thinking that it was another of Rhea's children.
Saturn has moons Rhea & Titan
Roman Saturn=Greek Cronus
Roman Father Jupiter was the sky
Greek Father Sky was Uranus.

I agree with Han_Zen and think the underlying storyline of ED is that Guardians came to Sol, perhaps affected human evolution in the distant past, and their AI is still behind the PF with the triangular/hexagonal symbols that appear in the nav panel, Guardian monoliths, and the latest ED Newsletter. There are some interesting parallels with 2001 Space Odyssey (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_(Space_Odyssey)). In the film the monolith that was a transportation gateway was orbiting Jupiter (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001:_A_Space_Odyssey_(film)), was DB a fan of the film? I think he is of Arthur C Clarke who wrote it.

In the codex Lyta Crane’s “TDW station orbiting 8th moon of gas giant” could actually be obscuration and might be reversed to suggest actually a moon of 8th planet/GG -Neptune, which was the original Outer Rim of the game. Neptune’s moon Triton is of course locked by the Federation; it used to have steady Fed Navy traffic but that had disappeared last time I checked. No known way of getting the permit-perhaps this is from the TDW storyline??

If Raxxla is in Sol then the TDW toast might lead us to it?
Jewel that burns on brow of Mother of galaxies-Sol (Gaia (faction! Primordial mother) is the mother of Uranus (the sky), her son and husband
To Whisperer in Witchspace, siren of deepest void -Venus (Venus was name of two Marvel characters, first based on the goddess, then retconned to be a Siren, second is the true Aphrodite)
Parent’s grief-Uranus or Saturn (greek Cronus)
Lover’s Woe-Rhea? (moon of Saturn) Uranus? Saturn?
yearning of our vagabond heart-Omphalos Rift gateway “to Raxxla”

I did some googling and found someone on Twitter had posted that in the film Interstellar (2014- was this too late to impact gamma?), there’s a wormhole next to Saturn that takes the protagonists to new worlds. In Planet of the Apes there’s an electromagnetic storm near Saturn that sends the protagonist to another version of Earth (is DB a fan of Planet of the Apes?). In the video game Observation, an astronaut goes into the hexagon on top of Saturn and is taken to a place where multiple universes converge.

So, I think Raxxla is in Sol, but could be anywhere between the asteroid belt and Neptune. The hexagon logo theme, together with the other factors above, makes me lean more towards Saturn. However this is a huge search volume. I’ve tried some searches along these lines in the past, but if my hypothesis is correct that you have to be within, say, 10km to it and honk to make it/omphalos appear then the odds of randomly finding it are minuscule. So I’m pinning my hopes on a TDW storyline that refines the search, or provides the permit to Triton.

Last edited:
I’ve thought for a while that Raxxla is likely to be in Sol. My previous hypothesis was posted a while ago on this thread, when I believed the “clues” pointed to Sol’s asteroid belt. That made some sense with its proximity to Mars, where the alien artefact was found and hints at an alien visit to Sol. I have modifed the hypothesis a little after some further consideration, including pondering over the codex logo. The hexagonal theme of the logo is striking and we should consider how this might apply.

Saturn has a famous hexagonal storm at North pole, discovered in 1981 by Voyager which probably made a big impression on DB with his penchant for astronomy. Neptune has hexagonal storm at South Pole discovered 2014, which may have been in time to impact the Raxxla implementation. Pluto has polygonal convection patterns discovered by New Horizons flyby July 14 2015, but that’s too late for the gamma implementation and Pluto wasn't inserted into game until a later update. An entire population of comet-like bodies, called the Centaurs, is known to exist in the region between Jupiter and Neptune. The codex mentions the Omphalos which was the centre or hub of the temple of Apollo at Delphi (the oracle at Delphi originally belonged to Gaea, the Earth goddess).

Han_Zen pointed ot the similarity of various things to the Greek creation myths. The Titans were were the pre-Olympian gods (Guardian explorers?), the twelve children of the primordial parents Uranus and Gaia. The Titan Cronus castrated his father Uranus (parent’s grief, lover’s woe?), mated with his older sister Rhea and together they became the parents of the first generation of Olympians. The omphalos represents the huge stone wrapped in baby's clothes that Rhea gave Cronus which he swallowed thinking that it was another of Rhea's children.

I agree with Han_Zen and think the underlying storyline of ED is that Guardians came to Sol, perhaps affected human evolution in the distant past, and their AI is still behind the PF with the triangular/hexagonal symbols that appear in the nav panel, Guardian monoliths, and the latest ED Newsletter. There are some interesting parallels with 2001 Space Odyssey (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monolith_(Space_Odyssey)). In the film the monolith that was a transportation gateway was orbiting Jupiter (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001:_A_Space_Odyssey_(film)), was DB a fan of the film? I think he is of Arthur C Clarke who wrote it.

In the codex Lyta Crane’s “TDW station orbiting 8th moon of gas giant” could actually be obscuration and might be reversed to suggest actually a moon of 8th planet/GG -Neptune, which was the original Outer Rim of the game. Neptune’s moon Tritin is of course locked by the Federation; it used to have steady Fed Navy traffic but that had disappeared last time I checked. No known way of getting the permit-perhaps this is from the TDW storyline??

Jewel that burns on brow of Mother of galaxies-Sol (Gaia (faction! Primordial mother) is the mother of Uranus (the sky), her son and husband
To Whisperer in Witchspace, siren of deepest void -Venus(Venus was name of two Marvel characters, first based on the goddess, then retconned to be a Siren, second is the true Aphrodite)
Lover’s Woe-Rhea?(moon of Saturn)Uranus? Saturn?

I did some googling and found someone on Twitter had posted that in the film Interstellar (2014- was this too late to impact gamma?), there’s a wormhole next to Saturn that takes the protagonists to new worlds. In Planet of the Apes there’s an electromagnetic storm near Saturn that sends the protagonist to another version of Earth (is DB a fan of Planet of the Apes?). In the video game Observation, an astronaut goes into the hexagon on top of Saturn and is taken to a place where multiple universes converge.

So, I think Raxxla is in Sol, but could be anywhere between the asteroid belt and Neptune. The hexagon logo theme, together with the other factors above, makes me lean more towards Saturn. However this is a huge search volume. I’ve tried some searches along these lines in the past, but if my hypothesis that you have to be within, say, 10km to it and honk to make it/omphalos appear then the odds of randomly finding it are minuscule. So I’m pinning my hopes on a TDW storyline that refines the search, or provides the permit to Triton.

Totally concur.

The initial Dark Wheel missions used the term ‘Silent Song of the Spheres’.

The spheres are the orbits of the Sol system, there is a silent song, namely Earth and an outer rim, Urania, which essentially was everything else outside our system / higher realm.

To use this phrase can only indicate that it’s in Sol, if it is not then it was just poetic licence, we have to remember that MB although a writer was not by his own estimation a scholar. It also should be noted that the Dark Wheel missions were scrubbed (potentially gone but not confirmed), so there is the possibility FD totally changed everything, however these last two possibilities although probable are equally unlikely.

I agree with your hypothesis, that the Guardians seeded earth, this is the most probable, and simplistic storyline solution that FD could apply (writers are complacent and tend to stick to simply story threads) and it ties in with the Mars relic.

This is the only element which concerns me, because we have highlighted in this thread that MB in an early Dev diary about lore (again could be retconned) gave the indication the relic was tied to a narrative.

Post in thread 'The Quest To Find Raxxla'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-8916070

Again this feeds into my hypothesis that Raxxla is a narrative thread, although this is just a hypothesis and I am open to my own bias around this, so I hope the relic is not tied to Raxxla.

But yes, I’m currently in Sol, way out on the outer rim, using the old mk i scanner.

Post in thread 'The Quest To Find Raxxla'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/post-9015241

Last edited:
I’ve thought for a while that Raxxla is likely to be in Sol. My previous hypothesis was posted a while ago on this thread, when I believed the “clues” pointed to Sol’s asteroid belt. That made some sense with its proximity to Mars, where the alien artefact was found and hints at an alien visit to Sol. I have modifed the hypothesis a little after some further consideration, including pondering over the codex logo. The hexagonal theme of the logo is striking and we should consider how this might apply.

Saturn has a famous hexagonal storm at North pole, discovered in 1981 by Voyager which probably made a big impression on DB with his penchant for astronomy. Neptune has hexagonal storm at South Pole discovered 2014, which may have been in time to impact the Raxxla implementation. Pluto has polygonal convection patterns discovered by New Horizons flyby July 14 2015, but that’s too late for the gamma implementation and Pluto wasn't inserted into game until a later update. An entire population of comet-like bodies, called the Centaurs, is known to exist in the region between Jupiter and Neptune. The codex mentions the Omphalos which was the centre or hub of the temple of Apollo at Delphi (the oracle at Delphi originally belonged to Gaea, the Earth goddess).

Han_Zen pointed ot the similarity of various things to the Greek creation myths. The Titans were were the pre-Olympian gods (Guardian explorers?), the twelve children of the primordial parents Uranus and Gaia. The Titan Cronus castrated his father Uranus (parent’s grief, lover’s woe?), mated with his older sister Rhea and together they became the parents of the first generation of Olympians. The omphalos represents the huge stone wrapped in baby's clothes that Rhea gave Cronus which he swallowed thinking that it was another of Rhea's children.

In the codex Lyta Crane’s “TDW station orbiting 8th moon of gas giant” could actually be obscuration and might be reversed to suggest actually a moon of 8th planet/GG -Neptune, which was the original Outer Rim of the game. Neptune’s moon Tritin is of course locked by the Federation; it used to have steady Fed Navy traffic but that had disappeared last time I checked. No known way of getting the permit-perhaps this is from the TDW storyline??

To Whisperer in Witchspace, siren of deepest void -Venus(Venus was name of two Marvel characters, first based on the goddess, then retconned to be a Siren, second is the true Aphrodite)
Lover’s Woe-Rhea?(moon of Saturn)Uranus? Saturn?

So, I think Raxxla is in Sol, but could be anywhere between the asteroid belt and Neptune. The hexagon logo theme, together with the other factors above, makes me lean more towards Saturn. However this is a huge search volume. I’ve tried some searches along these lines in the past, but if my hypothesis that you have to be within, say, 10km to it and honk to make it/omphalos appear then the odds of randomly finding it are minuscule. So I’m pinning my hopes on a TDW storyline that refines the search, or provides the permit to Triton.

Ya I think Sol is important but I would hate it if Raxxla was actually there. I think the key that got humanity looking for Raxxla was likely in Sol. Both the Mars Artefact as well as the permit locked Triton seem to make sense as being connected. Im still following what i think are generalized Holdstockian themes... He had alien ruins on Pluto .... but Im guessing FD has put them on Triton. Neptune and Oberon - Neptune being the Brother that chose to follow Raxxla... I also like Triton because of his prominence in MBs fancy tattoo. I like to think that both Thargoids and Guardians had some influence on early Earth.. i suspect there is a correlation between Thargoids and the earlier Old Gods... the Cthonic... Earth Mother etc... and the Guardians with the later Sky Gods ... but ya who knows. Im still playing with the idea that Tornquist (and the idea of Raxxla) is related to Holdstocks ideas around Thorn.. the Ragthorn.... Earth and Stone - and possibly related to things like the Thargoid structures... I suspect part of the emphasis on exo-biology we are getting... But ya thats all conjecture. Currently on a 23rdian quest to invert the pyramid though.... wish me luck ;)

I was just chatting with Mick about this and I figured I'd put it up here and watch the boos and dismissals roll in... What if Raxxla is just the embodiment of FDEV's desire for everyone to explore the galaxy and there's some cryptocurrency tied into Elite Dangerous' galactic exploration discovery statistics...

What if the place we all believe to be Raxxla is actually in our hearts and minds and the mystical secret is that our lives are our own and FDEV believes that its deepest and most cherished privilege is being the group that produced a galaxy in which we all spend that short time we have on this planet of ours?

What if its just a reference to that Bill Hicks joke

Of course... There's also a straight line going from the cluster of stars near Barnard's Loop, that goes straight through Witch Head Nebula, over to Siren in Alliance space, and then my trail goes cold but there's something about the grief of parents, woe of lovers, and the human drives of a nomadic species... so... There's that...

D12F44EE-AF6D-4521-9056-EE2A601BB678.jpeg

Ya I think Sol is important but I would hate it if Raxxla was actually there. I think the key that got humanity looking for Raxxla was likely in Sol. Both the Mars Artefact as well as the permit locked Triton seem to make sense as being connected. Im still following what i think are generalized Holdstockian themes... He had alien ruins on Pluto .... but Im guessing FD has put them on Triton. Neptune and Oberon - Neptune being the Brother that chose to follow Raxxla... I also like Triton because of his prominence in MBs fancy tattoo. I like to think that both Thargoids and Guardians had some influence on early Earth.. i suspect there is a correlation between Thargoids and the earlier Old Gods... the Cthonic... Earth Mother etc... and the Guardians with the later Sky Gods ... but ya who knows. Im still playing with the idea that Tornquist (and the idea of Raxxla) is related to Holdstocks ideas around Thorn.. the Ragthorn.... Earth and Stone - and possibly related to things like the Thargoid structures... I suspect part of the emphasis on exo-biology we are getting... But ya thats all conjecture. Currently on a 23rdian quest to invert the pyramid though.... wish me luck ;)
Yep, I went searching at Pluto (and L4+L5) for the Holdstock ruins but found nothing there. But then, it was not inserted in-game until well after release so I am dubious of any relationship to Raxxla.

Top Bottom