Pluto was in from the start, wasn't it?
Darn it, you’re correct! My memory is playing tricks on me. Was thinking that it was added in The Guardians 2.2 update 25Oct2016, but that added Persephone (Planet Nine), Haumea, Makemake, Eris, Orcus, 2002 MS4, Salacia, Quaoar, 2007 OR10 and Sedna to Sol. So Pluto has been in-game from the outset. It therefore might be a candidate for Raxxla searching, but the hexagonal convection patterns weren’t observed until New Horizons got there in 2016 which puts that hexagonality candidate out of the picture! I’m thinking Saturn or Neptune, & leaning towards the first but permit-locked Triton is an interesting possibility. But the Jupiter link to 2001 Space Odyssey is also very interesting - it is an odyssey after all, and MB’s “it’s a personal journey we all must make” could be read as an odyssey!!! I’m convinced we’ve had significant clues for years!

Darn it, you’re correct! My memory is playing tricks on me. Was thinking that it was added in The Guardians 2.2 update 25Oct2016, but that added Persephone (Planet Nine), Haumea, Makemake, Eris, Orcus, 2002 MS4, Salacia, Quaoar, 2007 OR10 and Sedna to Sol. So Pluto has been in-game from the outset. It therefore might be a candidate for Raxxla searching, but the hexagonal convection patterns weren’t observed until New Horizons got there in 2016 which puts that hexagonality candidate out of the picture! I’m thinking Saturn or Neptune, & leaning towards the first but permit-locked Triton is an interesting possibility. But the Jupiter link to 2001 Space Odyssey is also very interesting - it is an odyssey after all, and MB’s “it’s a personal journey we all must make” could be read as an odyssey!!! I’m convinced we’ve had significant clues for years!
In the book version of 2001, the Monolith is on Iapeatus, a moon of Saturn, rather than Jupiter, so if Raxxla is a 2001 reference, it might be round Saturn.

I don't think FD are afraid to move stuff around, a bit. If Raxxla is a planet / moon like it's described in the Dark Wheel, the thing that actually does something (alien construct / portal / ophalos rift / monolith) may have moved. It could have started in orbit and been moved to the surface, with the Horizons or Odyssey release (depending on type of atmosphere).

As long as Raxxla isn't found, they can update it.

I have a question. Every time a system is discovered, it is generated procedurally. With this in mind, wouldn't it be obvious that if Raxxla exists in the game it would be within a system that has already been discovered? Because if it's not discovered, it doesn't really exist in the game, right?

I actualy think we could take a different approach to Raxxla what this thread. Correct me if I'm wrong but they actualy never confirmed you could find Raxxla in the game, but that it is somewhere out there. What if it's part of the storyline and not yet accesable? We could find clue's first in storyline based POI's about Raxxla. Maybe do a mission to find more listening posts?

I have a question. Every time a system is discovered, it is generated procedurally. With this in mind, wouldn't it be obvious that if Raxxla exists in the game it would be within a system that has already been discovered? Because if it's not discovered, it doesn't really exist in the game, right?
No system exist, when you aren't in it. They don't get put in a server, when they are discovered. It's still just a key that is put in a generator, when you jump in.
The server basically just stores what you can see in the log files.

In the hope that FD actually follow this thread
PLEASE enable my download of the Odyssey OST which I have paid for in the EDO Alpha. When I login to the store it shows as available with unlimited download in the My Downloadable Products tab, yet when I click on the download icon I just get
AccessDeniedAccess DeniedJ3JN74V9801N3WM0puacPJLJK03HtKJXKXAb1TrsVXzva1eJMacwvQ4mQtf9h5LDAwiQeiiQ/omNTUjX0oaeuLuf7xA=

I'm not the only one with this issue, and it has been raised through the Issue Tracker!

No system exist, when you aren't in it. They don't get put in a server, when they are discovered. It's still just a key that is put in a generator, when you jump in.
Maybe I have not been able to express myself well, English is not my native language. What I mean is that the undiscovered systems don't have any log files, there is no information about them until they are discovered by someone. Is this correct? That's why I say that Raxxla must be in some already generated system not one yet to discover.
Or what you mean is that Raxxla can be added to the server anytime if the correct system is discovered?

Last edited:
I'd suggest they both exist and do not exist simultaneously in a quantum state until they are actually observed at which point their physical state is confirmed and no longer in quantum limbo o7

And for the record, it wouldn't technically be a waste if you've spent years looking for some thing in the game if the pursuit of that thing was a pleasure in itself, right? That's really nice, right?

well i have always thought the "door thats a key' was talking about the frame shift drives. and "place thats not a place" was hyperspace/witchspace. and the hyperspace tunnels we jump through seem to have 6 light pillars that form raxxlas green logo the ones that you see comming off the star your jumping, to with our hud targeting the middle part of the logo. and we can only jump solo... i know its just space madness talking, theres no way fdev would make us search for years to say "Raxxla is the name of the wormhole everyone frameshift jumps through".... right?

well i have always thought the "door thats a key' was talking about the frame shift drives. and "place thats not a place" was hyperspace/witchspace. and the hyperspace tunnels we jump through seem to have 6 light pillars that form raxxlas green logo the ones that you see comming off the star your jumping, to with our hud targeting the middle part of the logo. and we can only jump solo... i know its just space madness talking, theres no way fdev would make us search for years to say "Raxxla is the name of the wormhole everyone frameshift jumps through".... right?
Well finaly someone else who thinks that, been having that theory for months now.

the "door thats a key' was talking about the frame shift drives. and "place thats not a place" was hyperspace/witchspace.
The frame shift drive is the single key to the whole of this experience, isn't it? What if, as I joked with an old friend a while back about the ending of this video, it happens to be the case that FDEV happens to know- and I'm referencing the supercruise stream where they had the resident psychologist on staff discussing Odyssey, that the experience of being in the galaxy- in whatever way you choose to explore it- and the wonder, aggression, hope, and anguish of the experience is the place, that mystery within that is human experience, from 1984 until the first generation ships left Sol, until Arissa took the Imperial throne, until now?

What if that's the real frame shift, that wormhole, that place that isn't a place?

The frame shift drive is the single key to the whole of this experience, isn't it? What if, as I joked with an old friend a while back about the ending of this video, it happens to be the case that FDEV happens to know- and I'm referencing the supercruise stream where they had the resident psychologist on staff discussing Odyssey, that the experience of being in the galaxy- in whatever way you choose to explore it- and the wonder, aggression, hope, and anguish of the experience is the place, that mystery within that is human experience, from 1984 until the first generation ships left Sol, until Arissa took the Imperial throne, until now?

What if that's the real frame shift, that wormhole, that place that isn't a place?
that actually sounds logical. more logical than one of my thoughts that raxxla isnt a planet at all and is actualy a generation ship with a prototype hyperdrive.
Or even crazier it is a planet but the star of its system is surrounded by a alien Dyson Sphere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom