Do you want to want to see ship interiors and be able to walk aroun our ship

Now that there's on foot gameplay desperately wanting for variety, not moving forward with ship interiors is a GIGANTIC missed oppertunity. It's not just having player ship interiors, you know, the thing we've wanted from day one and the thing that has made star citizen millions.
Nah. There's no reason ships would be more varied than ground bases. After all, there are more of the latter.

Deleted member 115407

D
I think it's possible that the incessant spam on this topic has actually put me off it, from being someone who was quite up for it. It's just getting tired now.

Exactly how I'm feeling mate. It's getting tedious.
Yep. I used to not care one way or the other, but it's getting to the point where I want to not have it just out of spite.

Maybe Frontier can incorporate ship interiors BUT each player will have to pay 100,000 ARX to purchase it in the Livery, AND that is 100,000 ARX for each ship class ;)
I would be ok with that, if by class you mean what size landingplatform it uses.. But not for each ship, like it is with paintjobs and shipkits..

Yep. I used to not care one way or the other, but it's getting to the point where I want to not have it just out of spite.
Exactly.

It’s the same posts over and over. We get that people want interiors. Will they pay for them? Would more players want whatever else developers could produce in the same time instead? How happy will players be with framerate reductions they create?

I just want want to get up from seat while in supercruise walk around The bridge and hit my Bong(arx availible upgrade) make a espresso. and go take a poop. lol
Cause thats what I'd be doing if i was a real space trucker. This is still a space ship SIM is it not. or is it just call of duty with having to transport your self from battle grounds.
I don't care for running around outside my ship. I bought a HOTAS to play Flying space ship game not a Xbox Controler for running around like A-hole.

I just want want to get up from seat while in supercruise walk around The bridge and hit my Bong(arx availible upgrade) make a espresso. and go take a poop. lol
Cause thats what I'd be doing if i was a real space trucker.
Yes but that's what I imagine I'm doing when I go to the galley (kitchen) to make tea, go to the loo, and even go to bed... I don't leave the game logged in and expect my character to be sleeping in a CGI bunk.

Come to think of it, why don't stations have hotels? With nicer, larger rooms than a cramped Sidewinder cabin, a decent restaurant instead of a ration-pack dispensing machine, a swimming pool and gym to work off those sedentary pounds and strengthen those space legs, etc. All more vital to experience than a few tiny spaces full of modules between a ship's bulkheads.

No. Too many other half-baked features that need to be finished first. Also in the “was interested at one point, but sick and tired of hearing about it now” camp.

Of course. The Armstrong movement never happened because you do not get to get up off the chair and walk down the stairs. It is an immersive thing. Nothing like getting the immersion broken every time you leave or enter the ship. Such a big miss on on Fdev.

I would be ok with that, if by class you mean what size landingplatform it uses.. But not for each ship, like it is with paintjobs and shipkits..
Yes, that's what I meant. 100,000 ARX for each ship model e.g. Cobra MkIII, once you unlocked it, you can walk around the interior of every one of the Cobra MkIII you owned.

Ship interiors are not something I'd pay extra for, but if they do decide to implement them at some point, I wouldn't mind about it.

Yes - and to all the people saying they are bored of this topic. Did anyone hold a gun to your head and force you into this clearly titled thread? Maybe act like adults and if something doesn't interest you, you just don't engage with it.

And saying you're changing your mind to not wanting something that others want fun purely out of spite? I used to think E:D's playerbase had at least some semblence of maturity but I see it's now come down to "cut off my nose to spite the face".

I see. You want to want establish a little thread dictatorship here, eh? 🔫
I think it's mostly the adults that point to other priorities instead.
Pointing to other priorities is fine. Coming into something that you say you are bored of just to say you are bored of it is not. I don't enter my girlfriends crochet calls just to say, "I'm bored of you talking about crochet to your friends".

Do you want to see ship interiors and be able to walk around our ship?

Yes.

In truth I'd hope for SI's to be more than just 'walking around your ship' but that would require the games creators to show some imagination and have a clear vision for what the feature could actually entail.

So I'll just go with, yes.

No.

Lets look at what we have to do now. "Leave the ship, run across a hanger deck, get in a elevator, go up in the elevator, leave the elevator, then find our way to the shop we want to go to." EVERY SINGLE TIME we go into a space station.

With ship interiors it would be "Get out of chair, walk down corridor, get on elevator/exit area, go to hanger deck, run across a hanger deck, get in a elevator, go up in the elevator, leave the elevator, then find our way to the shop we want to go to."

about twice in each ship and we would be begging for a way to turn it off. Just let it go.
That's not because of ship interiors, it's because of bad game design. Cockpit to outside will not take long to walk and was supposed to be our Armstrong moment. The hangar stuff is just bad. There are four lifts at the back. It would make more sense for there to be a lift located on each side, closer to where you disembark. The lift is annoying as well. There is only one destination and you have to select it? No, bad game design. Walk up to it, it open, get in, closes and takes you to the ONLY destination, opens, you get out.

Top Bottom