"No plans to port Elite Dangerous to PS5"

If we can just get some steer on if it's actually in the pipeline or not, that would be nice... A new era of communications and all that....

Well, they did that for Carriers...and it did not ended well for them

I assume we wont see a confirmation of a deadline nor a generic confirmation, unless they're 100% they can meet a deadline.
Guess a lot depends on the console launch in the fabled Autumn

If they aren't willing to even work on VR for the PC side - which is nothing compared to rebuilding the game for a new console generation - then you can rest assured PS5 version is never coming.
What a load of nonsense. With VR they boxed themselves into a corner with the design, no such issues exist for porting to console. In fact, the work currently being done to port to last gen makes the work to port to current-gen significantly easier as large parts of the console specific stuff can be reused.

I am betting on "no plans" although it probably just wont get talked about actually....
When Frontier say 'Dev Update' I doubt that they'll be talking about consoles. I'll go as far as saying that it'll not even be mentioned and any questions from the stream viewers about consoles will also be ignored.

Their idea of a roadmap is a three week fix release, which then extended to five weeks !!?!

I don't see why they would suddenly start to talk about things that are months away.

When Frontier say 'Dev Update' I doubt that they'll be talking about consoles.
Dunno.

What I do know is that according to their previous announcements, they are now turning the whole team's attention to focus their dev efforts onto consoles. So its going to be a rather strange dev update if they chose not to talk about the thing they are now working on.

Last edited:

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Dunno.

What I do know is that according to their previous announcements, they are now turning the whole team's attention to focus their dev efforts onto consoles. So its going to be a rather strange dev update if they chose not to talk about the thing they are now working on.
I love your optimism....

It's probably going to be a foot note if anything when it comes to consoles.

I will be happy to be proven wrong.

Think of the audience for the stream and think of Frontiers previous track record.
Despite all of the improvements since they launched, they are still PC users complaining about various things not working as they expected.
If you couple that with their previous comms that patch notes only come out after the patch as they are working as late to as possible (and sometimes bug fixes have to be pulled because of last minute issues) I think that Dev Update will consist of talking about the current PC issues that they hope to fix before the console release.

The fact that they've changed it from a live stream to a post isn't a good sign.
They dropped the ball then dug a hole,dropped the ball in that and are currently on the verge of burying it!
FD need to throw us a fricking bone here,is it really that difficult to tell your customers where we are going?

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Dunno.

Interestingly every single console question asked on Supercruise news was ignored and some including myself asked if there would be any console details in the developer post tomorrow.

Ignored. Honestly this is exasperating.

😟

Top Bottom