Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Twitch clips nothing but desync tests, including vape cameo...

It does make the whole unified avatar 'Your elbow is tucked into cover, just as you think it is' thing a bit silly if you're not even behind the damn pillar...

Hard pass on the milsim. Saw enough Rexshilla to turn me off that for life.
It's a bit more ArmA than COD to be fair, nothing like the complete shouty palaver of that idiot RexShilla...I played ArmA for a few years with a load of ex squaddies like myself, so it wasn't too bad watching Kate's vid...unlike RexShilla's nonsense which made every orifice I have bleed in pain. Anyway, besides the never appearing TOW, I can't see it catching on. On the remote chance I ever wanted to get back into Mil-Sim stuff...I'd go back to playing ArmA. I'm happy just flying pixel spaceships about :)

Last edited:
LOL, Mike's finally reloaded, he's now stuck to the floor and can't do anything.

He can't even backspace.

Back to menu!

I'm sure its all his fault, probably doesn't have it installed on a SSD. These sort of things don't happen to other people according to some. :p

The Desync is caused by overloaded servers, in the first Xeno they capped the player count to 40 to take some of the load off them.
This time they seem determined not to do that, maybe use less instancing per physical server, i don't know, maybe instead of having 40 instances per physical server just have 30, not that i know how many instances are on a physical sever.
Also remove the NPC's that do nothing but stand or walk around, that will take some load off the server.

LOL, Mike's finally reloaded, he's now stuck to the floor and can't do anything.

He can't even backspace.

Back to menu!

I'm sure its all his fault, probably doesn't have it installed on a SSD. These sort of things don't happen to other people according to some. :p
Always seems to be the way with Mikey these days...I reckon he'll jack it in. I was on for a couple of hours this morning doing bounties in the PTU, not one bit of desync :)

Always seems to be the way with Mikey these days...I reckon he'll jack it in. I was on for a couple of hours this morning doing bounties in the PTU, not one bit of desync :)

Its the curse of being a streamer and having your income tied to doing it. You either have to stream something else and risk losing followers or have to suffer through the bad along with the good.

Mike just gave some sort of "deadline" for SC to improve things. Missed the actual statement.

A minute or two later he dies from desync.

Now he's ranting about lack of content in SC.

This is good kek.

Edit: LOL, now he's just crashed to desktop while he was ranting at someone for being negative.

It just keeps getting funnier and funnier.

Reloaded - wants to start somewhere other than Crusader. Game won't let him choose an alternate start point.

He can't even backspace.

Back to menu!

Meow. Found it. Starts with this Xenothreat desync death...

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1108765790?t=1h4m47s

"The game hasn't improved, it hasn't changed"

"All they've done is put more and more planets, that are empty and have nothing in them, in this game."

* Writes very sarcastic crash report *

"I guess they took out anything that works"

"I'm never going to see any glass empty in this game until they start putting water in it dude" (Ok he lost it quite some time ago 😁)

Has been trying to load back into the game for 15 minutes now...

Loads into the game...

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1108765790?t=1h20m30s

EDIT: Don't know if they're just winding him up now but:

chat said:
Hello Streamer can you stop make the game look bad, this is suppose to be the best game ever, people put money in it man how can you do this, this is disrespectful to backer you know, you should do your job better

"I should do my job better...?"

"I've been live for an hour and a half, and all I've done is sit on a loading screen."

"It is on an SSD..."

"How are we in the same place, that we still were, 76 months ago?"

EDIT2: Oh, bonus meow...

pRoCePs.png

:oops:

"It's really upsetting that the company are content putting out a product like this, and think that it's appropriate."

"People really think Star Citizen is successful based on the backing that they've got, but it's not. They've charged 100s of dollars to join the game. Success is monthly active users. Success is number of people buying the game. And in 2020 that was a thing. I would say Star Citizen was probably an overwhelming success. In 2021, and since March 2020, I don't know how I feel about that. I don't think you can call this game successful any more... Because all those people that bought the game in March 2020 haven't seen any progress. In a year and a half. It's crazy."

Can finally stand up... [28 minutes after initial death]

Last edited:
Top Bottom