Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

The original 10% was a mix. Mainly new share issues, with a slice of shares sold for personal profit too:

I believe the follow up 5% a year later, as with the smaller Turbulent share swap, was a share issue alone. (Diluting Chris down a touch more in that case to 835,402 shares of 1,171,580 = 71.3%).

---

The most interesting recent share game for potential personal profit was the $1M of Calder cash they seemingly moved out of the company:
Thanks.

So some dilution mixed with direct sales.

Seems the latest PTU patch has ironed out most of the issues with Xenothreat. The org guys played through it tonight and it got a universal thumbs up...no desync, all the gameplay elements worked seamlessly (besides NPC Idris's just vanishing rather than exploding), NPC ships including the capital ships were challenging...extremely so from what they were saying...most of all, everyone that took part enjoyed the event. It must have been good since they were all still talking about it when I appeared and hour or so after it finished.

I was busy with RL stuff so I missed it but caught up on the Discord chat a bit later.

Last edited:
A bit of video of tonight's Xeno-T from a few of of the org guys, the whole event lasted roughly 2 hours through the different phases...Looks like the Anvil Hurricane is the multi-crew fighter of the moment too, I'll need to try one out.

Last edited:
From the SQ42 monthly report

“It has been great to see all this work pay off as the entire first half of chapter 05 is now playable from start to finish. This was no easy feat, as there were lots of animations, two walk-and-talk sequences, and plenty of technical challenges involved.” - Gameplay Story Team

tenor.gif

Yup, you heard it right! 9 years, 400 million-ish dollary doos, around 700 people, and the first half of Chapter 5 (that Tyler played through completely in 2015-ish) is now playable from start to finish.

With 2 (yes 2!) walk and talk sequences that were apparently not easy.

Does anyone at CIG actually vet these reports?

Move over CIG, you're about to lose your crown as crowdfunding leader

200 million in just a few weeks. Its got it all. Land sales, crypto/NFTs, big promises, and nothing impressive to show.
Future historians are going to look back at this time in the same way we look back at the Dutch when they had their tulip bulb boom

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Because all systems in ED are random, you can exchange any of them by others. But can you tell me that the Sol system narrates nothing in Elite ?
This goes to show you dont really know Elite all that well ;) . Elite systems are not random. Actually procedural generation is deterministic, the opposite of random. But that is by the by.

The breadth and depth of lore and narrative gameplay content in Elite is actually staggering, but of course there is no way FDEV can put a specific piece of narrative in each of the billions of systems in the galaxy.

There are tons of actual stories and lore narration directly embedded in the game in different and very specific systems and sectors of the galaxy (given the sheer 1:1 size of Elite, narration and lore related gameplay is often linked to galaxy sectors like the different Formidine rift abandoned settlement gameplay etc), with actual related exploration gameplay required to reach many of those, unlike SC which is mostly pretty much offline.

All the gameplay related to abandoned settlements in the Formidine Rift or the puzzles of the Zurara megaship in 2017 for example, or the finding (thanks to beacons around the bubble) of lore content at generation ships that started appearing around 2017-2018, or the Golconda in 2019, the location of Guardian sites, Jameson, or the more recent Azimuth Saga... And many other things that I probably forget to mention.

All these represent narrative and discovery gameplay that, through puzzles, leads to pieces of lore in the game that we would have not otherwise had access to. In these cases we do not really need to be the “first ones” either, each explorer can take his/her time, with more or less spoilers, to go through the clues in order to reach those lore and narrative treasures.

Last edited:
This goes to show you dont really know Elite all that well ;) . Elite systems are not random. Actually procedural generation is deterministic, the opposite of random.

But that is by the by. There are tons of actual stories and lore narration directly embedded in the game in different and very specific systems and sectors of the galaxy (given the sheer 1:1 size of Elite, narration and lore related gameplay is often linked to galaxy sectors like the different Formidine rift abandoned settlement gameplay etc), with actual related exploration gameplay required to reach many of those, unlike SC which is mostly pretty much offline.

The breadth and depth of lore and narrative gameplay content in Elite is actually staggering, but of course there is no way FDEV can put a specific piece of narrative in each of the billions of systems in the galaxy.

All the gameplay related to abandoned settlements in the Formidine Rift or the puzzles of the Zurara megaship in 2017 for example, or the finding (thanks to beacons around the bubble) of lore content at generation ships that started appearing around 2017-2018, or the Golconda in 2019, the location of Guardian sites, Jameson, or the more recent Azimuth Saga... And many other things that I probably forget to mention.

All these represent narrative and discovery gameplay that, through puzzles, leads to pieces of lore in the game that we would have not otherwise had access to. In these cases we do not really need to be the “first ones” either, each explorer can take his/her time, with more or less spoilers, to go through the clues in order to reach those lore treasures.
Some of my favourite lore missions :)

vUvAPVY.jpg

fI2hu6j.jpg

This goes to show you dont really know Elite all that well ;) . Elite systems are not random. Actually procedural generation is deterministic, the opposite of random.
You have missed the original point of the discussion about Environmental story-telling. We were not talking about lore or narrative gameplay content (which I know is good in ED) but what a place or location tells you without having to read anything. For instance, you know workers are not treated well in Hurston just by getting out of your hab and looking around. And you know that the Hurston family doesn't care about the planet just by flying around the city. Are there some systems/places in ED that tell you something more than Thargoïds were there, some guys abandonned their place or had accident there just by looking without reading (genuine question) ?

You have missed the original point of the discussion about Environmental story-telling. We were not talking about lore or narrative gameplay content (which I know is good in ED) but what a place or location tells you without having to read anything. For instance, you know workers are not treated well in Hurston just by getting out of your hab and looking around. And you know that the Hurston family doesn't care about the planet just by flying around the city. Are there some systems/places in ED that tell you something more than Thargoïds were there, some guys abandonned their place or had accident there just by looking without reading (genuine question) ?
Heh, I love that you quote him and completely ignore the content of the quote....

How do you know these things about Hurston? When I look at a video of Hurston City on YT I cannot tell this. All I get is generic, messy industrial city vibe, I can't gleam that workers are not treated well or that the Hurston family doesn't care. It really seems like your knowledge of the game's lore is influencing your opinion.

This goes to show you dont really know Elite all that well ;) . Elite systems are not random. Actually procedural generation is deterministic, the opposite of random. But that is by the by.

There are tons of actual stories and lore narration directly embedded in the game in different and very specific systems and sectors of the galaxy (given the sheer 1:1 size of Elite, narration and lore related gameplay is often linked to galaxy sectors like the different Formidine rift abandoned settlement gameplay etc), with actual related exploration gameplay required to reach many of those, unlike SC which is mostly pretty much offline.

All these represent narrative and discovery gameplay that, through puzzles, leads to pieces of lore in the game that we would have not otherwise had access to. In these cases we do not really need to be the “first ones” either, each explorer can take his/her time, with more or less spoilers, to go through the clues in order to reach those lore and narrative treasures.
Basically "The Outer Wilds" in a much larger space. Probably the most interesting part of ED for me. Let's call it ... EXPLORERATION.

Top Bottom