Some performance tweaks/fixes

It's possible but i've not received reports of neutron star effects disabled by my mod.
Which shader did you disable ? (with the hotkeys or by editing the file)

The mod disables nothing by default. You have to edit the file if you want to disable something by default.
I've check it. This is not your mod. This is even not a 3D migoto.
Weird thing. I've created a ticket in issue tracker.

Hello.
I dont have elite-dangerous-odyssey-64 folder and this mod doesnt work.
All files (include odyssey) in elite-dangerous-64 folder.
What i can do?

Hello.
I dont have elite-dangerous-odyssey-64 folder and this mod doesnt work.
All files (include odyssey) in elite-dangerous-64 folder.
What i can do?
Hi,
You can't find the elite-dangerous-odyssey-64 folder ?
Standalone: [Elite install folder]\Products\elite-dangerous-odyssey-64\
Steam : [steam install folder]\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-odyssey-64\

This mod only works if you have odyssey.

Hi,
You can't find the elite-dangerous-odyssey-64 folder ?
Standalone: [Elite install folder]\Products\elite-dangerous-odyssey-64\
Steam : [steam install folder]\steamapps\common\Elite Dangerous\Products\elite-dangerous-odyssey-64\

This mod only works if you have odyssey.
Yes, i dont have elite-dangerous-odyssey-64 folder. And i have Odyssey )

Hi, I'm new, I tried the horizons and I loved it, so I bought the odyssey but it does have many optimization problems, but I looked for ways to optimize it and I saw your mod, it served me up to a point, but I found that plants consume a lot of resources So, I thought that if you could experiment with modifying the game to be able to remove all the plants from the game, to see if there is improvement, I leave you a document of my experiment with the plants from the game.

document:

Hi, I'm new, I tried the horizons and I loved it, so I bought the odyssey but it does have many optimization problems, but I looked for ways to optimize it and I saw your mod, it served me up to a point, but I found that plants consume a lot of resources So, I thought that if you could experiment with modifying the game to be able to remove all the plants from the game, to see if there is improvement, I leave you a document of my experiment with the plants from the game.

document:
You kind of can't just mod out an entire gameplay aspect of a game. I would imagine exoflora are coded a bit deeper as to be immune to mods.

document:
Removing any 3D object from the game is a big no, i don't want the mod to get forbidden :)

Is Frontier Ok with this ?
3Dmigoto is used by a lot of mods, including some Elite mods like EDHM from GeorjCostanza and the "Amazingly Realistic Immersion Mod" from Old Duck

From what i saw in EDHM's post, Cmdr Exigeous asked FDEV about EDHM usage (which uses 3Dmigoto) and the response was :
"FDev are fine with the mod so long as it doesn't provide an advantage over other players, or mod their ARX-related assets"

So is a game object a ban for the mod ?, but can you do this? remove these plants?

Well, it's just an experiment to test a theory. because, I don't know, How long does FDev fix on plants? :cry:

but your mod is very useful

Last edited:
So is a game object a ban for the mod ?, but can you do this? remove these plants?
I do believe I could stop plants from being drawn, but they would still be there physically. You would still run into them with your SRV, for example, despite them being invisible.

The trick with ED's shaders is many shaders are shared across different assets. For example, I have a switch that turns off the cockpit lights, making the cockpit very dark, but this has the side-effect of turning off some lights in stations as well.

Regarding what's allowed, AFAIK as long as it doesn't give you the ability to cheat, then it's allowed. I turn off all sorts of annoying effects, not just using 3DMigoto, but also Frontier's own settings! Is removing station fog or light cones (an Elite setting) any different than removing plants from planets?

I do believe I could stop plants from being drawn, but they would still be there physically. You would still run into them with your SRV, for example, despite them being invisible.

The trick with ED's shaders is many shaders are shared across different assets. For example, I have a switch that turns off the cockpit lights, making the cockpit very dark, but this has the side-effect of turning off some lights in stations as well.

Regarding what's allowed, AFAIK as long as it doesn't give you the ability to cheat, then it's allowed. I turn off all sorts of annoying effects, not just using 3DMigoto, but also Frontier's own settings! Is removing station fog or light cones (an Elite setting) any different than removing plants from planets?
I don't know what FDev would think.
But removing all plants in the concourse would have a bigger visual/artistic impact than fog, light cones or reflections.

Mod check after update 7:
Disabling Indoor glass reflections still work.
Although some glasses with liquid disappear (will check if some can be fixed).
Disabling Outdoor glass reflections doesn't work anymore
Needs to be updated. It's the reflections when looking outside concourse/settlements, or when looking inside a settlement from outside.

Indoor and Outdoor glass reflections still have a big performance impact on my gtx 1080 (mission consoles included).
When FX quality is on off/low, some fire effects in the tutorial are still a big performance problem (fix on page 1 should still work)

Last edited:
I don't know what FDev would think.
But removing all plants in the concourse would have a bigger visual/artistic impact than fog, light cones or reflections.
Oh, I missed the "in the concourse" part. I thought you were talking about plants down on planet surfaces. I'm not sure one could remove just plants in the concourse using 3DMigoto, since it's very likely plants share a general "all purpose" asset shader with other concourse items.

I've made a small update for EDO update 7 :
  • Updated outdoor reflection shaders (for all material qualities).
    This shader is used when looking outside (from inside concourse/settlement building) or inside a building (from outside)
I'll check later if i can fix some glasses in the bar.

I've made a small update for EDO update 7 :
  • Updated outdoor reflection shaders (for all material qualities).
    This shader is used when looking outside (from inside concourse/settlement building) or inside a building (from outside)
I'll check later if i can fix some glasses in the bar.
thanks so much

[13/12/2021] Version 0.7 (EDO update 9):
Performance gains will be lower as the reflections shaders have been improved in EDO.

Fire effect performance tweak if using FX quality on OFF/LOW is still very usefull (see on first page)
  • Fixed reflections shaders detection for EDO update 9
  • Added empty glasses filter to indoor reflection shader (to prevent them from disappearing)
  • Added Plugin for EDHM UI App users (also available on EDHM discord). Only usefull for EDHM users

Last edited:
[13/12/2021] Version 0.7 (EDO update 9):
Performance gains will be lower as the reflections shaders have been improved in EDO.

Fire effect performance tweak if using FX quality on OFF/LOW is still very usefull (see on first page)
  • Fixed reflections shaders for EDO update 9
  • Added empty glasses filter to indoor reflection shader (to prevent them from disappearing)
  • Added Plugin for EDHM UI App users (also available on EDHM discord). Only usefull for EDHM users
Thanks, even though the changes FDev pushed through now mean your extension has less of an impact on performance, I still greatly appreciate not having to see the helmet reflection.

Top Bottom