Updated Permit List

Looks like HIP 18609 is the only inhabited system within 15ly of Peregrina, whereas there are numerous systems within expansion range. This would be difficult to pull off, with many unwanted expansions.
Hmm yes - and they were ejected from that system, so it goes to the back of the expansion targets I think. Maybe it does need fdev intervention - I hadn't realised the area was so sparsely populated ...

From a quick look, I think it would only take two expansions, as they've also previously retreated from all but one of the currently open systems within the normal expansion range. Plus a retreat to open up HIP 18609 itself.

Anyway, I picked up the permit myself with spare exploration data ages ago, so obviously I support the initiative for newer players to have to do way more work for no real reward :)

Last edited:
Just checking - Mbooni permit will only go to those who took part in the Salvation Quest? I didn't take part (oops)
I checked it quickly, today. You can pick the basic medicines from Salvo's ship, but the two rescue ships in Cornsar are gone. Selling the medicines at Chadwicks starport is not granting the permit at the moment.
I was offline on the event weekend, so I missed it, but hoping that I can continue the storyline once, "soon".

Could anyone confirm the distance limit for gaining a permit please? I'm trying for the Peregrina one, and I'm allied with Peregrina Aristocrats. However, they are only in the Arietis Sector EQ-Y c17 system now (looks like someone has been trying to eliminate them entirely from the game) which is 19.26LY from Peregrina. I've seen some people say the limit is 20LY and others say it's 15LY.

If it really is 15, then this permit is no longer available, and probably never will be again, as the aristocrats have been pushed out of every other system. They are only at 9% influence in the Ari Sec system as it is, so not sure how much longer they'll be around, as it's been dropping over the last couple of days I've been here. There is only the one station in this system to use the mission board, so I've been sitting here refreshing it every now and again while doing other stuff.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. :)
If it makes you feel better... I got onto support about this.
apparently its BGS related and they are investigating as their reponse to me to my ticket regarding this.
in which case, i was manually granted the permit from support. I was even prepared to show that i was allied with said faction if they needed proof,

hope this helps

If it makes you feel better... I got onto support about this.
apparently its BGS related and they are investigating as their reponse to me to my ticket regarding this.
in which case, i was manually granted the permit from support. I was even prepared to show that i was allied with said faction if they needed proof,

hope this helps
Thanks. I may ask them, but I'm not keen on doing something like this out-of-game. It just feels... like cheating. lol. 😁

If you don't have it already, I might recommend Jotun. I've heard that the player faction that runs that area is in the early phases of attempting the same thing with the Dukes of Jotun. While there's a larger number of systems in range, they only have a presence in one of them (Djaujang).
That's good to know, thank you. Jotun was the next closest to Peregrina, so I have started to work on that anyway. As it seems that may also be soon blocked off, I'll make sure I get it asap!. :)

I was hoping so, but this makes me worry .... (quite apart from them getting the permit distance wrong multiple times ...)

Source: https://twitter.com/Frontier_Help/status/1442386945468866565?s=20
So wait... it's supposed to be 20ly range? If that's true, then then Peregrina one should still be available, as the system they are still in is less than 20ly away (only just mind you), however, they are not issuing the permit at all from that system. 🤷‍♂️

So wait... it's supposed to be 20ly range? If that's true, then then Peregrina one should still be available, as the system they are still in is less than 20ly away (only just mind you), however, they are not issuing the permit at all from that system. 🤷‍♂️
No - Support incorrectly said 20 Ly, then incorrectly said 20 (again) when they meant to correct themselves back to 15. edit : Now I'm doing it :)

No - Support incorrectly said 20 Ly, then incorrectly said 20 (again) when they meant to correct themselves back to 15. edit : Now I'm doing it :)
At this point I have no idea if FDev themselves actually know which one it's supposed to be. Maybe we can convince them it should've been 20 all along and they'll "fix" it in some update.

The way to fix this was to never allow a small group of pee-ants to ever control the fate of star systems. It should've only been possible in tiny insignificant toilet bowls and if the Empire or Federation cared about that toilet if anything got out of hand the fleet would arrive and say "That's cute, now get out." :devilish:

I don't know if this is true but found this which states (msg 11th Jan, 2021) that the Peregrina permit issuing faction is now Close Encounter Corps (despite what the in-game text says):

If you don't have it already, I might recommend Jotun. I've heard that the player faction that runs that area is in the early phases of attempting the same thing with the Dukes of Jotun. While there's a larger number of systems in range, they only have a presence in one of them (Djaujang).
Hahaha, I remember flipping Jotun to anarchy a while back. Pretty sure someone's changed it back and put the Dukes back in charge since (it was the corporates before I went there!) but I don't think it affected the permit.

I thought there was a special state for permit-controlling factions that didn't have a presence outside their home system, where they got a BGS-locked megaship spawned nearby where you could work for the permit?

I thought there was a special state for permit-controlling factions that didn't have a presence outside their home system, where they got a BGS-locked megaship spawned nearby where you could work for the permit?

I think this has only been done for Tiliala (and in that case the faction was driven to extinction, which can't happen now). It hasn't been done for other locked-in systems like Mingfu.

Setting a conquering faction to be a second permit-issuing faction was also done at Tiliala, but again this doesn't seem to be a general rule. I've never heard of Hutton Truckers issuing the Van Maanen's Star permit, for instance (but they don't have to, as the Sublime Order still exists outside the system).

So these would be handcrafted by Frontier, if they decide that the permit should remain available.

Top Bottom