Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Oh, got dicted by T10!!!! Ur last mistake ever made. O7 cya in hell.
1642172460302.jpeg

Getting a bit cross with outfitting... Finally got myself a cutter, but on an E rated drive it has less than 10ly. Shipped it for 20 mins to somewhere that should have had an A - but didn't. Nor did it have the other A rated modules it's supposed to have.

Fed up, sent it to Shinrarta Dezra. Another 30 mins wait. Forgotten how annoying it is that modules can be out of stock. How about just not doing that?

On top of that, 3 interstellar factions failed to let me pay off some random fine from whenever ago, and I had to backtrack to the only miserable little system where that faction actually exists. Thankfully it wasn't Colonia!

All in all, feel like game systems have wasted well over an hour of my day and not very happy with that. What an anticlimax to getting a new ship 😾

Liking the Observatory so far! Getting two voices at once at the mo though - I'll fiddle with it. I like voices.

It's nice to take a break from on-foot missions. Haven't done any gardening for a while so I've got the Bioinsights plugin going so I'll see what's what later.

Out in Nostrum Ridcully (call sign Greebo) and it looks great with a shatter lava paint job. I think it needs a rename though - can't have a ship with a male name :D

1EsNEgo.jpg

Took a lot less time to unlock this cutter than I expected (already had a clipper, googled for good imp rep grinds and... I guess FDev are ok with the one that's popular because there are like 50 fleet carriers in those systems).

Anyway. 600 million credits later, the Argent Cavalry is looking better. A-rated FSD, thrusters, size 8 bi-weave shield (for now) providing 2400 points(?), FSD booster, some solid guns, a big first class cabin, vehicle hangar, and 256t of cargo. Only thing I wanted and couldn't work out a good spot for was rescue limpets. I may yet sacrifice 64t of cargo for them, will see how those delivery missions go. Or maybe come down to a 7A shield. Got a lot of boosters doing many things. It would take a beefy pirate to cause me problems.

shiny2.jpg

So now it's time to tour the engineers. Fortunately they're largely unlocked and on decent terms, and I've got a big stash of materials. Boost speeds over 400m/s seem pretty good for something this chunky, and 37ly range isn't bad either. Shield resistances close to 50%. Going to go optimise the guns a bit, and then maybe go pick a minor faction to assist for a while and see what happens on the BGS.

shiny.jpg

(Could also look for some prismatic shields. And maybe work out what to do with sensors, sitting on regular Ds at the mo...)

Last edited:
So I decided to build another Vulture with beams instead of frags, but otherwise roughly the same build as my favorite frag Vulture. However, while engineering, I just had to go and test it, only half engineered. That was great fun. With the fully engineered ship I win without a scratch, but with the more flimsy ship, it's not nearly as easy, and every fight is much more of a proper challenge.

Kind of a paradox really, that engineering the ship makes the game somewhat less entertaining. I guess I won't engineer "BelzeBob" all the way, since he's purely for PvE. Just to make those pirates "scary" again. Maybe I should fit some hardpoints to my racing Eagle :unsure:

Anyway. 600 million credits later, the Argent Cavalry is looking better.
Oooh, congrats. The Cutter is a wonderful ship.
I am trying to enjoy exobiology but seriously.... it....is......boring........
Well, to each their own. I rather enjoy it. It gives me a good reason to roam about on planet surfaces, which I have always liked.

Back in the day it was searching for downed pilots, but those missions are long gone.

This works even better, and the sights are excellent nowadays.

Top Bottom