Update on Communication

Arthur Tolmie

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders,

I want to speak directly about the lack of official streams and reduced communications from our social channels since the start of 2022. I understand the concerns this has caused and hope this statement goes some way to alleviate them.

The whole team are excited to share all of the upcoming content for this year including new updates, content expansions and the next major phase in the ongoing narrative following the Azimuth Saga finale. Beyond this, we also look forward to sharing our new streaming format when the series returns as a weekly show. Changes will include new segments, year-round Twitch Drop campaigns and studio-quality production once we move back into the office.

However, there are several questions that must be answered internally to inform this communication plan. It is important to me that we address key subjects by priority and when we do that the information we provide is clear. The team and I are working incredibly hard behind the scenes to gather this information and provide these answers.

As always, the team and I are grateful for your patience and support while we wait for the opportunity to share all of the above with you. We will update you with more detail as soon as we can.

See you in the black o7.

-Arf​

With respect, the paragraphs, whilst beautifully formed, are lacking in real information and appear to be sidestepping the questions that have been asked since December last year by the members of the forum.

Has the 'new era' of communication been shelved? Is ED and its expansions actually 'doomed' as is being bandied around? Read around Arf, the children are nervous!

It's cool You guys are working on improving the comms.
They had improved their comms but as usual they mess it up by going silent for the better part of two months.
Hope that those few weeks of radio silence will be beneficial in the long run :)

Few more weeks you mean. Sorry, but he never actually said anything.

Btw I don't blame the CM's in this its endemic to Frontier as a company to treat player communication as something to be avoided at all costs.

Has the 'new era' of communication been shelved? Is ED and its expansions actually 'doomed' as is being bandied around? Read around Arf, the children are nervous!

This is only ever thrown around as sarcasm by positivity maintainers. Noone thinks the game is doomed otherwise forum posts wouldn't be worth it.

I agree that the op felt like nothing more than making up numbers though.

Greetings Commanders,

I want to speak directly about the lack of official streams and reduced communications from our social channels since the start of 2022. I understand the concerns this has caused and hope this statement goes some way to alleviate them.

The whole team are excited to share all of the upcoming content for this year including new updates, content expansions and the next major phase in the ongoing narrative following the Azimuth Saga finale. Beyond this, we also look forward to sharing our new streaming format when the series returns as a weekly show. Changes will include new segments, year-round Twitch Drop campaigns and studio-quality production once we move back into the office.

However, there are several questions that must be answered internally to inform this communication plan. It is important to me that we address key subjects by priority and when we do that the information we provide is clear. The team and I are working incredibly hard behind the scenes to gather this information and provide these answers.

As always, the team and I are grateful for your patience and support while we wait for the opportunity to share all of the above with you. We will update you with more detail as soon as we can.

See you in the black o7.

-Arf​
Thanks Arf,

It reassuring to know that there's extra content coming this year. Especially glad to know that the narrative will continue after the end of the Azimuth Saga (which I've really enjoying BTW). A weekly show feels about right to be honest, on a week where there was a release, there was enough content to discuss on two shows but on weeks where there wasn't a release, then two shows did feel like stretching it a little.

The planning of these key subjects? I guess that there's still decisions to be made about what is going to happen with certain aspects of Elite: Dangerous and we're waiting on those to be resolved before you can talk about it.

Hopefully we'll find out before the 25th Meet up. ;-)

"including new updates, content expansions and the next major phase in the
ongoing narrative" suggests we're not facing a DOOM scenario, even if that's as specific as the CMs can be at this time.
My reading is:

CM reorganization due to events has delayed things

The game dev candence / story is ongoing and unchanged

Assessing livestream content to fit point 1 and that COVID (so far) is becoming less of an issue re offices

Not to mention (my own reading) these forums are really depreciated and not a priority outside of gathering feedback / dishing out patch notes.

"including new updates, content expansions and the next major phase in the
ongoing narrative" suggests we're not facing a DOOM scenario, even if that's as specific as the CMs can be at this time.
With the same respect...

Why, if 'exciting things' are afoot, does Frontier sit on their hands and just 'spring' things out, rather than inform? (I do understand that to some gamers a single word equates to a promise cast in ferro-concrete!) We are already informed that Update 11 is planned (and that further updates will be needed to optimise EDO sufficiently to run acceptably on the published hardware specs), and contains FC Interiors (that covers both updates and new content) and the next major phase in ongoing narrative is likely some plans for another few CGs!

Sorry, Ian, I rarely disagree with your comments, but this time I think we have been given 'fluff', not information.

Top Bottom