The Galactic Mapping Project & Historical Archive of Exploration

I'd like to add another system please:

Reptile Point
Stuemeae FG-Y D3465
Historical POI

Bearing a type K star and type M dwarf, the system is 0.74LY from Sagittarius A* and was the system from which the Useless Reptile, the first ship to reach Sagittarius A*, engaged its frameshift drive to enter the Sagittarius A* system.

https://youtu.be/W8wJIJSkjPY

(I'm planning to head there again after the Enigma Expedition to get more info on the system.)

The Fox Rings
Beauty POI

HIP 15153. Within Thargoid territory. The ringed moon is outermost from this ringed planet but its orbital angle means one can have spectacular views of these worlds.

https://twitter.com/CMDR_Zulu_Romeo/status/948695820664176641

https://youtu.be/b7xwD-UJ7R4

Torment Prime
"Beauty" POI

M21 sector WP-C A14-1, near the Lagoon Nebula. This ominous brown dwarf hides a deadly evil: the first planet, a hellish ammonia world bathed in the dark light of its parent star. A disconcerting and uncomfortable sight, only strong minds and wills dare visit.

https://twitter.com/CMDR_Zulu_Romeo/status/950167040068931584

Last edited:
Nice to see Zulu Romeo is still around scanning stars and writing names. Kudos!

I have a general question for the GMP: is there a current 'need' for anything particular? Like photographs of megaships or a missing asteroid base or two? I am feeling the urge to go out there with a camera and would doubly love it if I were to tack on something useful to the galactic mapping project.

I have a general question for the GMP: is there a current 'need' for anything particular? Like photographs of megaships or a missing asteroid base or two? I am feeling the urge to go out there with a camera and would doubly love it if I were to tack on something useful to the galactic mapping project.

I guess we can extend that to nebulae too. There are many procgen nebulae on the other side of the core and out past Colonia, but I haven't compared against the GMP to see if any are still needed.

If you have nice pictures with black backgrounds I will likely add them to EDSM, I miss some stations types, and some are particular so... ;)

Hey there! Thanks for offering your assistance :)

A few things come to mind:

- images of the growing barnacle "forests"
- images and description of any generation ships that have been listed on the Canonn site but is not yet listed by the GMP (it has been some time since I checked if we were updated)

Once the new planetary tech arrives we will need updating and new images for many existing POIs, but that is a bit premature right now...

is there a current 'need' for anything particular? Like photographs of megaships or a missing asteroid base or two? I am feeling the urge to go out there with a camera and would doubly love it if I were to tack on something useful to the galactic mapping project.
You can do as I did: look through the existing POIs and see if you can find any without a picture or description.

- images of the growing barnacle "forests"

dKy6bys.png

Well, I just reviewed the known generation ships, as of today only one is missing: The Artemis.
It's located in Mu Cassiopeia (in orbit of C1) and the fluff text is best taken from here

I've taken two decent-ish 640 pixel pictures, pick your favorite:
Uh7B6zL.jpg

amuU0cb.jpg

Found some jumponium system. Here are the details:

Name: Gooria EC-D d12-1
Game map search ref: Gooria EC-D d12-1
Description:
https://imgur.com/Q6KjY3l
Vanadium: 1d(3.3%), 1e(3.2%), 1f(3.2%)
Germanium: 1c(3.6%), 1f(3.7%), 2c(3.6%), 2e(3.5%)
Cadmium: 2a(0.9%), 2b(0.9%), 2c(1.0%), 2d(1.0%),2e(0.9%)
Niobium: 1d(0.9%), 1e(0.9%), 1f(0.9%), 2d(0.8%)
Arsenic: 1d(1.7%), 2d(1.6%)
Yttrium: 1c(0.8%), 1f(0.8%), 2d(0.7%), 2e(0.7%)
Polonium: 1b(0.3%), 1d(0.4%), 2c(0.3%)

Name: Roefua LG-W d2-19
Game map search ref: Roefua LG-W d2-19
Description:
https://imgur.com/UsuiSmg
Found a Jumponium System
Vanadium: 2(5.3%), 4d(4.4%), 4g(3.1%), 5b(3.0%)
Germanium: 4c(5.2%), 4d(5.1%), 4e(3.6%), 4f(3.6%), 5a(3.5%), 5f(3.5%), 5h(3.5%), 5i(3.4%)
Cadmium: 1(2.8%), 4g(1.0%), 5a(1.0%), 5b(0,9%), 5c(0,9%), 5d(1.0%), 5f(0,9%)
Niobium: 4a(1.2%), 4c(1.2%), 4e(0.8%), 5a(0.8%), 5d(0.9%), 5g(0.8%), 5h(0.8%), 5i(0.8%)
Arsenic: 4c(2.3%), 5d(1.6%)
Yttrium: 1(2.2%), 2(1.3%), 4d(1.1%), 5a(0.7%), 5c(0.7%), 5e(0.7%), 5h(0.7%)
Polonium: 4b(0.5%)

POI: Jumponium rich systems

Treasure Chest Nebula Depot
Galmap ref: Hyuqu EQ-Y d158

Oob Brue Depot
Galmap ref: Oob Brue YW-W c4-2

Wizard's Hat Nebula Depot
Galmap ref: Phroea Bluae LI-E c14-190

The Midway Depot
Galmap ref: Tegnio DU-A d7

Red Fog Rising Depot
Galmap ref: Tegnae HT-Z d13-4

Bison Grass Depot
Galmap ref: Braisoae JB-I b24-0

Hawking's Nebula Depot
Galmap ref: Eock Bluae WC-U c3-0

Lonely Depot
Galmap ref: Squern UK-Z c0

Last edited:
Regarding green systems

With the new feature to search for green systems via the EDSM database we will be much more restrictive about adding green systems to the map.

Still, it is a nice feature to be able to spot at least some om the many green systems directly on the galactic map as a POI entry.

There are a few regions on the map entirely devoid of player-submitted green system POIs:
- East: Gallipolis / Circinus Transit / Euros / The Torment / The Ascendance / Hipparcos Bassin
- Far Northwest: Mare Desperationis / central Abyssal Plain
- Far Southeast: Orion Spur Shallows / Perseus Transit / Tenebris
- Near West: Anthor Patch / south Orio-Persean Conflux

If you have found anything in those regions, please let us know.

If you find green systems outside these areas we will probably not add it to the map.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
So ATM there is now other way of finding Green system on EDSM than manually looking for it? I was not aware, I thought you can somehow find Green systems next to you, would be a nice feature.
I am going East and then South East, so will add some to the list in the next week or so.

- POI Name: Perseus' Wedding
- POI Type: Planetray Features
- GalMap Ref: Wredgu SE-Y b33-0 Body : 1 - 1A - 2
- Description: System discovered during the Perseus Survey. Two wonderful landable HMC orbit each other at 0.23 sl. Both have rings and the fact that they are less than 10 sl from the star create a splendid view ! For all these reasons where the star spectate this dance I named this system "Perseus' Wedding". Moreover one of the HMC have a landable moon (248km radius) and this system is a green system. A perfect spot for an explorer !
- Screenshot reference:

gEoY4i9h.png

MyWMORyh.jpg

rjeemGlh.png

Last edited:

Is system name enough for you or I need to add some sort of descryption? To be honest I have been all over the place looking for geysers, so probably could populate half of empty spaces looking at the map of jumponium POI's.

So ATM there is now other way of finding Green system on EDSM than manually looking for it? I was not aware, I thought you can somehow find Green systems next to you, would be a nice feature.

You can indeed search for green systems close to your current position. But these are not shown on the map.

But even with this cool new search feature we would still like to populate those large empty regions on the map with a few jumponium POIs.

For green systems we need the system name most of all - and ideally a POI name and a short description for each entry. But we can provide these if you dont feel inspired :)

Last edited:
With the new feature to search for green systems via the EDSM database we will be much more restrictive about adding green systems to the map.

Still, it is a nice feature to be able to spot at least some om the many green systems directly on the galactic map as a POI entry.

There are a few regions on the map entirely devoid of player-submitted green system POIs:
- East: Gallipolis / Circinus Transit / Euros / The Torment / The Ascendance / Hipparcos Bassin
- Far Northwest: Mare Desperationis / central Abyssal Plain
- Far Southeast: Orion Spur Shallows / Perseus Transit / Tenebris
- Near West: Anthor Patch / south Orio-Persean Conflux

If you find green systems outside these areas we will probably not add it to the map.

Cheers :)

That's exactly what we analyzed.
During the month of December we studied (DSN POI recon team) the EDSM star map and we noticed that the Perseus Arm was very little exploited. So we decided to create a mission of recognition and analysis `Perseus Survey` in this galactic arm.
We left Bubble Nebula on January 14 and we ascend the galactic arm slowly. Our goal is to find a maximum of POIs for the Galactic Mapping Project and reach the Perseus Stem in March.
Hoping to find us in the right place at Q1 release.

EDSM link : https://www.edsm.net/en/expeditions/summary/id/39/name/Perseus+Survey

o7

Last edited:
Top Bottom