December Dlc Discussion! New PZ in the following two weeks days?

Ye, it is very suspicious that they put teaser on monday. With that in mind - tomorrow update 1.8 and dlc on thursday.

Would be funny if this is european pack, because roster will probably feature African Crested Porcupine (hinted by Kilian, not directly but he said he would love work on this animal) and European Otter (aquatic animal of this pack). Cant wait for some juicy salty tears there : ).
Considering the fact buoys were leaked alongside the Capybara I seriously doubt a european pack.

Ye, it is very suspicious that they put teaser on monday. With that in mind - tomorrow update 1.8 and dlc on thursday.

Would be funny if this is european pack, because roster will probably feature African Crested Porcupine (hinted by Kilian, not directly but he said he would love work on this animal) and European Otter (aquatic animal of this pack). Cant wait for some juicy salty tears there : ).
Who is Kilian ?? I would LOVE a porcupine :eek:

The only animal I think they wouldn't leave out of an EU pack is the Alpine Ibex. The rest of the roster I feel like could go in several directions. Probably either a lynx or a wolverine (maybe both), either a red or a fallow deer. The fourth spot could be more random maybe like an Alpine marmot but I wouldn't be too surprise if the went with a barbary macaque or something a bit more not so typical European.

Last edited:
It is probably just me who can't recognize it, but what plant is this one in the pot?
Plant.png.jpg

European aquatic pack sounds very bad to me, I must say. My most wished european animals (and more or less also for the majority of people looking to the meta wishlist), the alpine ibex, the red deer and a Lynx species are all not aquatic. And in case of an otter I agree with Swjosdotschka. I would like to have the Asian small clawed otter. In my opinion a general river lands DLC would be a cool idea.

The only animal I think they wouldn't leave out of an EU pack is the Alpine Ibex. The rest of the roster I feel like could go in several directions. Probably either a lynx or a wolverine (maybe both), either a red or a fallow deer. The fourth spot could be more random maybe like an Alpine marmot but I wouldn't be too surprise if the went with a barbary macaque or something a bit more not so typical European.

Alpine and European ibex's are HIGHLY requested. More than Red Deer are.

Seems like if you're going to make a European pack, might as well listen to the people. Give the people what they want.

Lynx
Ibex
Red Deer
European Badger/Red Fox

I think those are the clear cut most requested. Whether or not Frontier actually listens to the community in this instance is anyone's guess.

Also Europe is fairly synonymous with the Alps. I can see an alpine biome (like JWE2) in a Europe dlc, but adding an alpine biome with no alpine animals would be odd. At least Ibex are found in the Alps. And are also fairly synonymous with the Alps.

I really doubt it's specifically a European Aquatic pack. European possibly. Aquatic part 2, possible though I think very much less likely.

I don't think we are going to see something like European Aquatic pack either.
If it is something Europe then I find the overall theme most likely to be just called 'Europe'.

But that doesn't mean they can't go for some aquatic/harbor/river/lake whatever aesthetics in the building set. Just like they went with a North African building set within the Africa Pack. They might want to add a species or two that fits the building set (like the Fennec did in the Africa Pack), but that doesn't have to be an otter or something else not so unique. It could be a waterfowl like a swan or even a pelican. So the possible combination of something European and something Aquatic doesn't have to be bad.

A european dlc could have many holiday fitting animals and plants and as much as i want birds desperately, i now think it might be that.

My bets for the European DLC 4+1:

Theme - mediterranean

1. Crested Porcupine - Iconic animal that appears on both the African continent and the Italian peninsula.

2. Alpine ibex - I think it's the animal that most represents Europe, it could be the cover of the package and it's a second goat for the game!

3. Iberian Lynx: Meets the pack's carnivorous requirement, it's another cat, but it's the cat that's missing in the game.

4. Red Deer - It could be another animal, but I'm taking into account that JWE2 used PZ vegetation in the base game and in that game there's a deer that could very well serve as a base for our game.

5 - Fire salamander - very widespread animal on the continent, it is a type of amphibian that we still don't have in the game.

That's an amazing update! I'm really looking forward to this giving my guests something else to do. I'm also really looking forward to whatever that potted plant is, because our current gardening selection is a bit limited.

With this reveal, my guess is a European pack with Mediterranean scenery. Igorvasconcelos's animal list looks as likely as anything else for that region. No saiga, but they're all versatile animals I'd live to see in the game. Combine them with new foliage and garden beds and I'm all in.

I so hope that African Crested Porcupine will be included this is the beast I want for the game in the meantime! 😲

I’m intrigued that the restaurant menu had a Christmas background, which makes me think that may be they’ll be some Christmas tie in to the update, and potentially DLC. Could it be a European pack with European Christmas markets designs featured in the trailers? Just a thought.

On a different track, do you think the buoys could indicate a marine DLC?

I’m intrigued that the restaurant menu had a Christmas background, which makes me think that may be they’ll be some Christmas tie in to the update, and potentially DLC. Could it be a European pack with European Christmas markets designs featured in the trailers? Just a thought.

On a different track, do you think the buoys could indicate a marine DLC?
It's possible. I suspect we'll know within a week - by the 7th at any rate, , if not much sooner.

Top Bottom