Patch Notes Update 2.1.04 update incoming

Impact on game: HeartBroken!
Version Found: 2.1.04
Frequency: All the time!
Time and date of issue: since v1.1
Commander name: Dr Indiana Jones
VR: none
Ship: Python
Description: You made me hate a game i adored since my childhood.
Steps to reproduce: Just play the damn game!
-----------------------------------------------

First of all let me say, I do not wish to start a discussion or wish for anyone to try to "change" my mind. I am too old for this !

I had big issues with the first version of ED mainly because any Anaconda that "bumped", on my ASP Explorer at the time, I just got killed instantly.
Still, I would change all crappy later releases, v1.4, 2.0, 2.1 with v1.1 anytime! "Community Goals" was a must for us bounty hunters to cover for our losses easily in a weekend!

You managed to take a game I love since my childhood, that in v1.1 was a decent game that needed fine-tuning and market enhancements, and made this crap you got now!
As a developer myself, I am sure that this took some effort to accomplish!

1) v1.2 maybe WINGS is a nice feature, still other issues had to be addressed at that time (market, missions and exploration improvements). In my opinion you made a bad decision about WINGS, something else was needed in order to attract multiplayer gamers.

2) v1.3 Powerplay. Really? Do I need to even explain myself as how crappy this idea and implementation was? You already had Federation/Empire/Alliance why do we need powerplay and a load of crap guys we have to pledge with to find ourselves doing stupid and dangerous missions in order for them to "like" us an to be able to get better... ! I am tired to even think that way! powerplay just limits our options in the game, it does not expands them, it's way too complicated and all missions have high risky / low profit!

3) v1.4 CQC. WHO THE CARES ABOUT THIS ?

4) v2.0 Planetary Landings. This was needed, but past the planetary approach which is nice, the SRV and related run-around-and-hope-for-the-best missions is for the mentally insane! Get a gun and shoot rocks to get materials!
No offense guys, but what a load of crap is this! Who is the love of God had this idea? Did you open a public discussion and "we" the "paying" users agreed to make that crap??? My 9 year old son would come up with a much better idea instead!

5) v2.1 The Engineers. My God somebody kill me now!!! This was even worse! So we have to find a guy somewhere in space and find materials for him from we-do-not-know-where, to make total crappy upgrades until we get 5level, then find again more materials and pray in God we get lucky enough to get maybe 10-15% to our shields, engines, fsd, guns? WHO THE CARES? Do you really think anyone above 16years old will play the game for 2-3 months wondering the galaxy like a looser to track down materials to get a minor upgrade and then REPEAT that for the other engineers? What in the name of God are you smoking in Frontier? Please let me know!

On top of all that you made bounty hunting IMPOSSIBLE!
I get killed all the time by crappy npc ships, Asp Scout, DiamondBacks, etc that carry (obviously) 10-times my armor, 10-times my shields, turn like a hawk and have SUPER rail guns and SUPER torpedoes that killed my Python many times in about 15 sec after shields down (shields 6 + 4 shield boosters can hold on for about 30 sec when NPCs start shooting).
You make me get crappy 200-300k missions that have at least a 50% chance to destroy my 8.5M insurance ship! THIS IS THEFT!
And then I have to do trading missions for 1-2 days to cover for the losses!
Getting killed of course, I loose kill cash, explorer cash, etc.

I am very sorry if I offended you, I am just angry of your stupidity and lack of vision and just trying to "wake you up" rather to insult you.

I am giving up for now, this game has just nothing more to offer me but a waste of my time and I am heartbroken by that...
I feel sorry that this game has only to offer frustration, random material chasing for useless updates, and huge fear of dying for some small time mission by some small time "superman NPC"...
I hope you turn Elite around and make it the game it deserves to be (version 2.1 and you still have not made a decent trading goods system which was the heart of the old Elite).
Still, as a developer myself, I know this is nearly impossible when you already spend so much time and money in useless features...

I wish you luck!

PS.
See "Battlestar Galactica Online" for ideas of how some things should have been done...

You have indeed got problems, But I am sure there is help out there, As far as the game goes, leave, dont waste good bandwidth with your inability to enjoy the game.

Last edited:
My Docking computer voice attack , needs sum luv too 'Slave' a bit slow, seems too forget which TAB its on now and then! ....:D

First of all let me say, I do not wish to start a discussion or wish for anyone to try to "change" my mind. I am too old for this !

I had big issues with the first version of ED mainly because any Anaconda that "bumped", on my ASP Explorer at the time, I just got killed instantly.
Still, I would change all crappy later releases, v1.4, 2.0, 2.1 with v1.1 anytime! "Community Goals" was a must for us bounty hunters to cover for our losses easily in a weekend!

You managed to take a game I love since my childhood, that in v1.1 was a decent game that needed fine-tuning and market enhancements, and made this crap you got now!
As a developer myself, I am sure that this took some effort to accomplish!

1) v1.2 maybe WINGS is a nice feature, still other issues had to be addressed at that time (market, missions and exploration improvements). In my opinion you made a bad decision about WINGS, something else was needed in order to attract multiplayer gamers.

2) v1.3 Powerplay. Really? Do I need to even explain myself as how crappy this idea and implementation was? You already had Federation/Empire/Alliance why do we need powerplay and a load of crap guys we have to pledge with to find ourselves doing stupid and dangerous missions in order for them to "like" us an to be able to get better... ! I am tired to even think that way! powerplay just limits our options in the game, it does not expands them, it's way too complicated and all missions have high risky / low profit!

3) v1.4 CQC. WHO THE CARES ABOUT THIS ?

4) v2.0 Planetary Landings. This was needed, but past the planetary approach which is nice, the SRV and related run-around-and-hope-for-the-best missions is for the mentally insane! Get a gun and shoot rocks to get materials!
No offense guys, but what a load of crap is this! Who is the love of God had this idea? Did you open a public discussion and "we" the "paying" users agreed to make that crap??? My 9 year old son would come up with a much better idea instead!

5) v2.1 The Engineers. My God somebody kill me now!!! This was even worse! So we have to find a guy somewhere in space and find materials for him from we-do-not-know-where, to make total crappy upgrades until we get 5level, then find again more materials and pray in God we get lucky enough to get maybe 10-15% to our shields, engines, fsd, guns? WHO THE CARES? Do you really think anyone above 16years old will play the game for 2-3 months wondering the galaxy like a looser to track down materials to get a minor upgrade and then REPEAT that for the other engineers? What in the name of God are you smoking in Frontier? Please let me know!

On top of all that you made bounty hunting IMPOSSIBLE!
I get killed all the time by crappy npc ships, Asp Scout, DiamondBacks, etc that carry (obviously) 10-times my armor, 10-times my shields, turn like a hawk and have SUPER rail guns and SUPER torpedoes that killed my Python many times in about 15 sec after shields down (shields 6 + 4 shield boosters can hold on for about 30 sec when NPCs start shooting).
You make me get crappy 200-300k missions that have at least a 50% chance to destroy my 8.5M insurance ship! THIS IS THEFT!
And then I have to do trading missions for 1-2 days to cover for the losses!
Getting killed of course, I loose kill cash, explorer cash, etc.

I am very sorry if I offended you, I am just angry of your stupidity and lack of vision and just trying to "wake you up" rather to insult you.

I am giving up for now, this game has just nothing more to offer me but a waste of my time and I am heartbroken by that...
I feel sorry that this game has only to offer frustration, random material chasing for useless updates, and huge fear of dying for some small time mission by some small time "superman NPC"...
I hope you turn Elite around and make it the game it deserves to be (version 2.1 and you still have not made a decent trading goods system which was the heart of the old Elite).
Still, as a developer myself, I know this is nearly impossible when you already spend so much time and money in useless features...

I wish you luck!

PS.
See "Battlestar Galactica Online" for ideas of how some things should have been done...

Well said and i agree with you 100%
I have not played the game in just over 2 weeks because im just sick of losing fights..the last one i was outrunning a clipper,but its weapons could get me no matter the range.
I will wait until 2.1.5..if that fixes it,which,from bitter experience,it might well do,but break something else.
Shame really as this update looked like it was going to be good.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Why give us your life story, no-one want to hear it.

If you have decided to go, then go, I am sure there wont be too many teas

Another example why people do not like coming on the forums....and im looking forward to the few teas on offer...sigh

Another example why people do not like coming on the forums....and im looking forward to the few teas on offer...sigh

maybe it's because people keep bumping offtopic threads in the dev updates section?

@mods could these threads in the update area be closed after some reasonable time of inactivity (after having already derailed weeks earlier in most cases)?

another good practice is having the official updates area read-only with separate threads for discussion.

(quote shortened just for not TL;DRing. EVERY WORD IS TRUE!)

CMDR, you have said about EVERYTHING I am trying to colport in here for months. THANK YOU.

o7!

I'm liking 2.1.04. I run on a low (low) powered dual core laptop but am finding planet surfaces resolving at a reasonable speed, game running much smoother than it did when 2.1 first dropped. Last night had to run out and left ship unattended, parked on planet surface. Returned to find I'd been pirated, ship destroyed (hehe). Hope we'll see some more engineer options develop over time (I went straight to missile engineer, wouldn't mind seeing "shield kiler", "high velocity", "armour buster" missiles etc). I do like the general mechanic though for the playerbase overall would see value in providing a couple of ways for non-explorers / non-miners to find natural materials especially. Maybe a non-mission related trader bonus, if repeat customer on a trade milk run (?) or other faction related mechanic (gift of materials) for gaining bounty hunter rep? Pirates might find ships carrying such materials etc. Overall though, specially because I love bombing around in SRV, thumbs up from me.

I think they finally worked out the AI bug that was causing the AI to fail to kill every player it encounters in 3 shots...should be fixed in .05

Hope so! :D I love this game, will support it, but please...

Dear NPC, please do not attack me with thermal, kinetic and impulse - all at once!!!

(4 days ago, could not even admire my ship explosion, 3 attack icons on my ship schematic, instant re-buy screen)

Last edited:
Good news about the bugged AI!
At least.. no news is good news, right? RIGHT??
Oh well.. still fun to see some npc's flying around doing absolutely nothing but taunt the player.
"I'll gonne kill you now! Muhaha!"..
yeah.. [up]

Anyone know why the are no missions available at "Darnielle's Progress" Maia A2A, been like this for about a week now.

Come on guys, Dont give up, You need to grow a pair

Grow a pair ???!!!! really ?.....oh dear,oh dear,oh dear.....im getting too old for crap like this...perhaps growing up would help,perhaps understanding the fact that other people have a different view of things than you,respect this

Last edited:

Rep I agree with everything u say. Like many others I cannot find the enthusiasm to load the game at the moment. 2.1 was and is a buggy mess, which added enormously to all the bugs that have not been addressed since 1.1. As for the RNGnineers I find it difficult to comprehend why such a game mechanic was introduced into ED.

Grow a pair ???!!!! really ?.....oh dear,oh dear,oh dear.....im getting too old for crap like this...perhaps growing up would help,perhaps understanding the fact that other people have a different view of things than you,respect this
Agree.... too many prob young, rude, inconsiderate people who are intolerant of others who hold opinions diff to theirs.

Agree.... too many prob young, rude, inconsiderate people who are intolerant of others who hold opinions diff to theirs.

I'm not going to wrap them up in cotton wool because there not happy and they want to leave but wont, We all have had and having issues with some thing or another regarding this game/sim , breaking down into a blubbering mess and crying on other peoples shoulders, is pathetic. If a player has had enough and gets on here and says "this game is rubbish, I have had enough, I am leaving," then leave, don't just say it DO IT, But as we all know they never do and just keep "whinging" which is where "grow a pair" comes into to it.
And I think the term, "inconsiderate" would apply more to them as they are being just that, especially to new comers in the game.

Dont confuse not having a alternative with approval for how the game is being developed. Elite has had the advantage of being the first to a "release" for this gen of this genre. That wont last forever, it wont even last a month from now.

But i do agree on this point. Making threads about quitting is a self serving narcissistic activity. Nobody cares why you're quitting, really nobody. You're no longer the target audience and so are irrelevant.

And I do think it's rather odd for the company to remain silent on outstanding issues for this long. It's insulting to the players.

I had decided when I posted my "angry report" that I would not answer to anyone, since I knew that there are some of us out there that instead of "love for Elite" have too much "love for everything Frontier has done to Elite".
Still I have to explain my self better so there will be no more misunderstandings...
1) I said I am HeartBroken, like from a woman! You always get to think about her, even if she breaks your heart. You still love her and hope things would be different one day. I did not gave up ED for ever; I am just giving up for this year and not buying any more "upgrades"...

2) I have great respect for David Braben not only because I grew up with his games but because I thought high of him for his game concepts at the time and as an entrepreneur later on with Frontier. Guys like him made me seek out the "programmer's path" in life...

3) I took 2 week vacation from work just to play ED when it first came out. I was playing 8-10 hour a day. So yes, I was in love with this game in v1.0, v1.1 even could bear it's flaws...

4) I did not had the opportunity at the time to be a ED backer, but I would gladly pay 1000€ now to get an Elite without the crappy v1.2 - v2.1 releases and in their place a better mission system that has background stories, huge market updates, map enhancements (no bookmarks is not a solution for the dawn galaxy!) and if Frontier made sure that I would not have such ridiculously high insurance costs every time I got killed! I mean, where is the fun in that?

So please, any Frontier "kiss asses" spare me and do not comment; don't insult my IQ and the love I have for Elite...

CMDR Dr Indiana Jones.

So please, any Frontier "kiss asses" spare me and do not comment; don't insult my IQ and the love I have for Elite...
CMDR Dr Indiana Jones.

You've already done plenty without help from anybody else, in that department. (Sorry, but you made this too easy to pass up. :p)

Top Bottom