Patch Notes Update 2.1.04 update incoming

Those systems are well within the human bubble, so it's nothing to do with the sparseness then....

I just tried plotting from where I happen to be at the moment, 47 Arietis, and it worked instantly.

On a hunch, I ticked on "FSD boost" (I don't have any stored at the moment) - and the route plotting failed.

Have you checked to make sure your plotter is not set to FSD boost mode?

Yes, I have checked the plotter, I did a re-sync of the files, no change, basically I am stuck around this section of space. why its happening has got me beat, any other suggestions would be great

It is.

The decisions leading to bugs being persistent for 18+ months are the problem.

Compare your friends list 6 months ago with your friends list now. Mine is shortened to what? 25%? I'm |----| this short of going on a last exploration trip as in "will come back in 6 months, if everything is the same, I'm permanently off".

You shouldn't get one major thing wrong: People are still playing because of all the time and grind invested, not because of joy. At least the ones complaining.

In one word: Nope.

We got eternal jumps, jumps into stations, still a huge instancing problem, still wings not working correctly, still the strange wanted bug still... the emphasis on stability and get-rid-of-the-nuisance is not present. Neither is a real approach to balancing. The first tuned up sociopaths are appearing in the starter systems. In a few weeks, there will be havoc. The guy who emptied Leesti a year ago is trying to do so @ Eravate. It's an utter mess at the moment and it will get worse.

Wow, insulting. How about "hey, fanboy, let us cry so you can lift yourself up on being a tough pro player worshipping FDev"? That would be about the same although I DO NOT SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

Seriously: New players are quitting, old players are leaving because they realize it's YOUR approach that leads to FDev being overconfident.

READ THE REVIEWS - they are not biased.

I meet newbies every single day. Guess what the most used sentences are?

"None of my friends plays this game. I bought it although they laughed at me for all the bad reviews. Encountered quite some bugs, but people are nice and it's a dream of mine to fly through the galaxy"

---> If there was another product with a procedural galaxy I would give it a try as this is the only product of its kind.

Wait for some contender to appear and ED is history. I don't want that to happen, so I COMPLAIN to IMPROVE things. Get it? Not a crybaby... not in the least.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

PS:

In 9 out of 10: YES. Then comes nr 10 and rips you apart. Conda with a huge power distributor and a turn rate of a DBS. Mind you, I'm not a PvP novice. It's the inconsistency, one doesn't know anymore if an elite conda is weak, medium, hard, unbearable. SURPRISE!

Duly +1'd.

Great callsign, BTW. Wonder if "Slant 6" is taken? :)

Yes, I have checked the plotter, I did a re-sync of the files, no change, basically I am stuck around this section of space. why its happening has got me beat, any other suggestions would be great

You may have skipped my prior post because I forgot to quote yours.

Is your cargo hold full?

sometimes when you have stuff on your cargo hold and the E version os an FSD, it fails to calculate routes because your laden jump range is not enough to reach some systems... try to sell everything that you have on your cargo hold an plot again, or upgrade your FSD to a C version.

Sidenote: I was just reprimanded for harassing groups. No explanation given on what kind of group I harassed.

About 2 weeks ago I got reprimanded for being a racist. Told the mac users to take a look at what Horizons and Engineers have brought to the player base so they don't have to be sad anymore for being stuck in 1.x.

What's next? Being reprimanded for not writing

FDev you are best. You are doing everything right. No critique because not needed. We love you for delivering engineers with its unbelievable disbalance.

Thanks for ignoring everyone who doesn't say you're best.

See? No harassment. Only pure love.

You may have skipped my prior post because I forgot to quote yours.

Is your cargo hold full?

sometimes when you have stuff on your cargo hold and the E version os an FSD, it fails to calculate routes because your laden jump range is not enough to reach some systems... try to sell everything that you have on your cargo hold an plot again, or upgrade your FSD to a C version.

I have nothing in my cargo hold , will double check what my FSD .

cheers Peter

Tbh even the AI overhaul i can still take diwn elite condas in a viper. Its harder yes but thats the point niw theres a challenge rather than the AI taking insta death while spinning in the same spot for 20 seconds
Reusing the so overused argument of the dumb spinning ships of the previous AI has nothing more to offer. That was apparently a bug in the previous code and it could have probably been fixed if there were no plans of creating the new AI. The changes in the AI were too much to consume at first. I see however that some rebalancing is happening little by little. The game is getting better balance as new patches get released.

Couldn't find the problem, had to delete ship and buy it again, after that it worked..............its a mystery.

Couldn't find the problem, had to delete ship and buy it again, after that it worked..............its a mystery.

Glad you worked it out! Shame we don't know what happened....
On the offchance though, I'll still ask - did you happen to have an Engineer modify anything on it before it went haywire?

I know its too late, but something in your loadout limited your jump range. Out of pure curiosity, could you perhaps recreate the loadout in https://coriolis.io/ from memory and check what your jump range was? Also, the faint lines going out from your location indicate where you can jump from that location - perhaps it was simply too far for your loadout. I also find that toggling between "fastest" and "economical" routes helps sometimes - I think it may happen that fastest will not be available while economical, while longer, works. Also, besides FSD boost there is also a cargo slider but afair it should reflect your current loadout (as in: no cargo).

Last edited:
Cartography missing after Update

errr... a lot of my cartography systems or items within the systems seems to have gone missing (unexplored) after this update! :( ouch

Last edited:
Where is the announcement for the fix of the very rare drop rate ?

Do you mean this?

- We will be adjusting the way the surface scanner works to allow you to see what materials are available from any given planet. This should make locating materials far easier.
- In addition we are making a number of changes to the lowest level blueprints. This includes improving the positive effects of low level upgrade results as well as reducing the cost and simplifying the materials needed.
- We’re also increasing the number of units you get for each instance of a material you find. This means instead of getting one unit of a material, you will get multiple units of that material. This will allow you to increase the number of attempts at each Engineer.
- We’ll be increasing the number of materials spawned when surface mining. Again, to make the process easier and the materials easier to gather.
- The likelihood of finding rare materials in these instances will also be increased, meaning it will be easier to use higher level blueprints.
- And we will be reviewing the balance and locations of non-planet salvage and reviewing the possible USS locations for each material

Hasn't happened yet. I guess the DSS changes are non-trivial.

Hey guys,

We have a small update coming for PC and Xbox One players. Specifically to address a number of fixes and stability issues. Servers will be down from 12noon BST for about 30- 45 mins.

Broadcast messages should have already started

Patch notes

Stability Fixes
Fixes for crashes when Hyperspace jumping
Fix for crash when entering Supercruise from a Conflict Zone
(Xbox) Fix for title entering unresponsive state after disconnecting the WAN Network cable
(Xbox) Fix for title crash from launch

General Fixes
(Xbox) Fix for loss of Horizons access after launching from Engineer Base
Fix for Docking Computer and NPC’s drifting off target landing pad
Various text updates

Sounds good. Hyperspace CTD is a real pain in the Cargo Hatch.

errr... a lot of my cartography systems or items within the systems seems to have gone missing (unexplored) after this update! :( ouch

All I can say is that I was freighting in NAMAKA prior to the reboot (ok wasn't an update as such) and once I got back into the game, the trip back to NAMAKA showed more discoveries (which I had already discovered previously). The surface ports I was freighting to/from were also 'unexplored' again. I had to return and take my Cobra MKIII out to scan the systems I had already done. I also believe some of my Cartography has gone missing as there doesn't appear to be as many systems in there as I previously thought I had.

Top Bottom