Patch Notes Update 2.3 Beta 5 Change Log

its a good compromise

its a simple solution to prevent total newly created commanders just joining a fully decked out corvette in a haz-res grind, and earning the millions of credits for a higher tier ship in a few minutes of gameplay.

the other solution would have been, rank-locking multicrew members to be somwhat in the range of the ship-owners rank -
or force what the RNGod does for me when i wing up with a friend: only spawn pirates in adder, eagle and cobra ships...
It is absolutely not a good compromise. Like, I get that the fun police have got their knives out because god forbid someone new should enjoy the game like some kind of filthy casual and not learn that personal betterment can only be attained through suffering but Frontier have really got to stop letting people like that dictate the way the game is developed. If you earn significantly less in a multicrew wing than you do in a regular wing then multicrew is a novelty feature because the economy in this game is completely lopsided and very few people are going to choose "earning less money from combat" once the novelty has worn off. And if the difference in earnings isn't significant, then why bother with a difference at all?

There's one thing I'd love to have added before release, though I doubt that will happen...

the ability to write a short message with your friend invite.....random invites by some random name that MIGHT be someone you know, but yeah, if you can't remember name or such, or maybe if they are adding you because they saw you somewhere, that would be....very nice.

Rest in peace multicrew. I was really looking forward to letting the noobs loose in imperial fighters, but looks like its been relegated to a backseat rich get richer feature. You just couldn't bloody help yourselves could you FDev? Is the concept of enjoyment and rewarding gameplay too difficult for you to let slide in this game?

RIP :'(

Rank based sharing of bounty vouchers... please don't. My friends were really looking forward to getting back in the game with this feature. DON'T KILL THE FUN, IT'S A GAME!

Well, I mean they seem to be keen on killing multicrew completely, right out of the gate, just out of nowhere, so does it even matter?

Last edited:
[*]Bounty Vouchers and Combat Bonds are now awarded to MultiCrew members based on their combat rank

Hmm a new incarnation of "Social Justice" ?

By the logic, there is no matter who will kill NPC, no matter if Elite player or Harmess player will kill NPC, because still they will do the SAME action.
You should not reward some people less (because they are better) and some people more (because they are worse), or vice-versa, if they are doing SAME thing, because this will lead to a situation where will be better to GitWorse than GidGud... And if higher ranked player get more it is also nonsense, because a rank is NOT connected with player skill. Rank means totally nothing. A more talented player should be rewarded more, not a player who grinded more for a rank.

Players should get same reward, no matter of their rank. if they want more reward, then they should play better and faster.

Last edited:
Rest in peace multicrew. I was really looking forward to letting the noobs loose in imperial fighters, but looks like its been relegated to a backseat rich get richer feature. You just couldn't bloody help yourselves could you FDev? Is the concept of enjoyment and rewarding gameplay too difficult for you to let slide in this game?

Multicrew is meant to be about having fun in a ship together, its not meant to be a MOAR CREDITS exploit.....a Sothis on Steroids. I was an MC skeptic pre-beta, but my experiences with it have made me reconsider.....& not because of the money.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I mean they seem to be keen on killing multicrew completely, right out of the gate, just out of nowhere, so does it even matter?

So, 'cause newbs now won't be able to earn 5 million credits per hour by just sittting in someone else's ship, you genuinely think that'll "kill multicrew"? Sheesh, hyperbole much?

It is absolutely not a good compromise. Like, I get that the fun police have got their knives out because god forbid someone new should enjoy the game like some kind of filthy casual and not learn that personal betterment can only be attained through suffering but Frontier have really got to stop letting people like that dictate the way the game is developed. If you earn significantly less in a multicrew wing than you do in a regular wing then multicrew is a novelty feature because the economy in this game is completely lopsided and very few people are going to choose "earning less money from combat" once the novelty has worn off. And if the difference in earnings isn't significant, then why bother with a difference at all?

You need some cheese with your whine? So fun=credits for you, does it? How sad.

What the hell...you fixed Camera Suite MOUSE ROLL in BETA 4 and now you broke it by forcing INVERTED ROLL. This is totally the opposite to how we fly.
FD are you having a laugh are you?

Also stop this procrastination and do fix the COURIER volume and/or do fix ROTATIONAL CORRECTION sound dampen - it's missing the ticking it once had but I do accept it should not kill the sound. Else there is NO POINT TO HAVE A RC TOGGLE AT ALL.

Quit shouting.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you going on about? Edit: Oh, I see...pimp exploits. Its all good...there's always some other exploit around the corner for ya. ;)

Last edited:

BTW, its people like you who got the 2.1 AI nerfed. "Oh, if I am not making at least X million credits per hour in an RES, then the game isn't fun....so giz us back our RES Farming".

According to some sources, the helm also has their bounties penalized for being in multicrew.

Apparently, a helm player ranked Deadly only receives 60% of the bounty.

So, at the 2nd highest rank, the helm only gets slightly more than half the payout you'd get if you weren't using multicrew.

Forget about the "new player easy money exploit" crap for a second and think about that for a moment. The helm is now actively penalized for opening up their ship as a mentor.

Let that sink in.

Last edited:
According to some sources, the helm also has their bounties penalized for being in multicrew.

Apparently, a helm player ranked Deadly only receives 60% of the bounty.

So, at the 2nd highest rank, the helm only gets slightly more than half the payout you'd get if you weren't using multicrew.

Forget about the "new player easy money exploit" crap for a second and think about that for a moment. The helm is now actively penalized for opening up their ship as a mentor.

Let that sink in.

Guess which Commander won't be using multicrew even though he's been spending the last few weeks engineering out his Corvette to make it more fun for a crew?!

Just out of interest, have one of you seen 1 item in this change log which got Bug Reported by this forum?

It is quite clear that for the QA Team to pass the report onto FD to look at then it must first be "passed" as a bug to fix. Inevitably you get an automated reply for "send us a video clip" and "detailed reproduction step" for the simplest of faults like switching ROTATIONAL CORRECTION and listening for the sound. FD do know what to do and do know what has changed. Seeing all the fixes for DBS/DBX seems to have caused far more bugs that ever existed in the first place but even more worrying is that things that did get fixed in Beta 4 are now broken yet again! Then you read our Bug Reports which don't seem to be getting looked at! So who is faking their job? QA not passing on our reports? OR FD just do not want to be handed our findings and so meander along by themselves?

Come on, who the hell here reported "Crew do not hear Self-Destruct countdown?" - non of our efforts seem to make any difference. Why though, bother releasing a Beta (oh because it's a Tuesday yada yada) which is far worse than the previous Beta? I mean, if you tried this stuff out and found out that stuff did not work then you would not wish to put this on your customers would you? It is evident from these Livestreams that FD are just under too much time constraints...

Take last week's with Steve Kirby (Lead Designer), not having his Modded Ship ready, then Ed not having his backup Ship in the right System ("ah use the magical tools in the background"), then having chosen Python and thus realizing after outfitting it that "oh it doesn't have an SLF" plus non informed about "oh you need Turrets for Gunner" - 15mins wasted.

I think they need to sort their act out. The Livestream and bad Beta 5 update is just embarrassing. QA Team should also listen to players reports which have enough info to pass onto FD who must read these. Release a Beta once it works. Let us find new bugs...release the game once finished - No deadlines!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x02WdF0O1uE[video=youtube;x02WdF0O1uE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x02WdF0O1uE[/video]

Last edited:
Top Bottom