Patch Notes Update 2.3 Beta, Update 2.1

Well I tried it, joined up with two random strangers through the matchmaking, but as I had no idea what I was doing I spent a couple of minutes looking through menus etc. Then I got kicked out by the ship owner.

Seems if you're not ready to go there and then you're not wanted.

Doubt I'll be trying it again. Just completely jars the "reality" when you appear on someone else's ship automatically from nowhere. E: D is a game about being in your spaceship flying around the galaxy. Multicrew is anathema to that, so like PowerPlay, I guess it's something that'll never be used by me.

watching Obsidian Ant's episode about his first experience,
it looks like p2p network code + multicrew is a no-go when you want to play with someone from far away.

what do i need to do to get this to work ?
i have a anaconda with fighter hanger and 2 ships
also have 2 crew members on board
but i can only set 1 active

next question does this work in hazzard zones

what do i need to do to get this to work ?
i have a anaconda with fighter hanger and 2 ships
also have 2 crew members on board
but i can only set 1 active

next question does this work in hazzard zones

you can only have one human and one npc fighter at the same time - the other human has to take over turrets

Better hope it's a well used feature by the players because it seems to be eating a lot of development time that could easily go to things like making npcs much better at not dying, making rng spawning of npcs more intelligent, having "pirates" respond more logically to the cargo they scan and the ship loadout they encounter, and scaling the difficulty (intelligence) of bad npcs geographically (not the right word) so that core systems would be "easy" and outter systems would be "hard" and system states can tweak those values up or down depending on state.

basic quality of life improvements that impact everyone.

watching Obsidian Ant's episode about his first experience,
it looks like p2p network code + multicrew is a no-go when you want to play with someone from far away.

I just can't connect with anything. Seems like this update is going to be completely useless for anyone in Australia wanting to to use Multi-crew unless we get lucky and find another Australian.

Hi All.......Just to ask, does it automatically update or do I have to install it .... I'm not to sure...

Thanks
Commander Nettie Out

Better hope it's a well used feature by the players because it seems to be eating a lot of development time that could easily go to things like making npcs much better at not dying, making rng spawning of npcs more intelligent, having "pirates" respond more logically to the cargo they scan and the ship loadout they encounter, and scaling the difficulty (intelligence) of bad npcs geographically (not the right word) so that core systems would be "easy" and outter systems would be "hard" and system states can tweak those values up or down depending on state.

basic quality of life improvements that impact everyone.

^^this^^

And I would have much rather had FD implement the multi-crew feature with more intelligent NPCs rather than attempting to force me into Open just to 'go find' someone who wants to park their behind on my ship. Just another half-baked MMO idea that will die rather quickly IMO.

It just seems that FD is looking for quick easy tidbits to throw to the pew-pew crowd to maintain interest/generate more revenue. Give what I have seen so far, I will not be buying the next release until some REAL code work is done to kill some of the major bugs, flesh out some of the placeholders, and add some depth to this game. 2.3 ain't it from what I've seen so far.

^^this^^

And I would have much rather had FD implement the multi-crew feature with more intelligent NPCs rather than attempting to force me into Open just to 'go find' someone who wants to park their behind on my ship. Just another half-baked MMO idea that will die rather quickly IMO.

It just seems that FD is looking for quick easy tidbits to throw to the pew-pew crowd to maintain interest/generate more revenue. Give what I have seen so far, I will not be buying the next release until some REAL code work is done to kill some of the major bugs, flesh out some of the placeholders, and add some depth to this game. 2.3 ain't it from what I've seen so far.

+1 rep

It's not just the MC, but the proposed changes to the shield booster that are made simply because the PvP crowd wants a faster TTK and for it to be easier to kill big ships.

I have a large fleet and I'm not interested in re-engineering them all just so Sandro can make his PvP fan club happy.

I'm pretty sure I'll be headed back into Mobius once 2.3 releases.

This will likely move more players OUT of Open

Everyone thinks fd are pandering to the other player group. Pvp'rs think they favor the casuals and PvE crowd, and vice versa.

It's neither. It's just a development plan that is out of order. Balance is being done as an afterthought, having to be corrected constantly as these new features are added.

It has nothing to do with pvp or PvE. We're just seeing the shuffle of these intermediate balancing acts.

^^this^^

This is absolutely rubbish. If they were going for the easy kill, multicrew would not be the choice.

Not so, I flew as fighter pilot yesterday with another player flying the other fighter and the captain of the ship fired all weapons, it was great.

[*]Adjusted the amount of exploration ranking awarded from selling exploration data to be 50% of the credits value, 20% of the credits value of Passenger Sightseeing missions and 40% of Long Distance expedition missions

Oh great. Another nerf. As if it wasn't hard enough to rank up doing anything.

And next time give the crew some purpose, for example managing systems and lowering pilot workload. And the ship owner some responsibility (look it up, it means you have to live with the choices you made, in particular allowing some random stranger on your ship). Also try less arcade games and more interesting new features that do not (just) involve pointing some crosshair at something and holding down the left mouse button.
And why does extra crew allow for more power to be restored to capacitors? Are they running on treadmills or something? Bogus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom