Patch Notes Update 2.3 The Commanders - Changelog

Seriously !!! why? why would you reverse these again!!
So every forum and reddit post( since 2.2 ) with the location of something on a planet is going to be wrong again? just why?

The constant changes to this are pickling my brain.
Got to say though, cant wait to get stuck in.

giphy.gif

So every forum and reddit post( since 2.2 ) with the location of something on a planet is going to be wrong again? just why?

Please tell me this isn't true. We've been through this before. Changing the order in which those co-ordinates are displayed would be absolutely disastrous!

Last edited:
Thanks Frontier for all your hard work on 2.3.

I really enjoyed 2.3 in beta and I'm looking forward to it going live. :)

Fix a muddling of grades on module reinforcements that made them a bit of a newbie trap if you didn't dig deeper - the Es were better than the Ds as they were probably ranked on the wrong primary stat. Increase the health of D class module reinforcements to be the same as what Es currently are (about +140%), and give Es a 10% buff to offset their higher mass

Uhhhhhh what? Thanks for the buff, feels like it is balanced especially with the rise of more hull based builds after the bank heat nerf, but without the shield booster changes tanks had some trouble, but it's no trap- Its a trade off and not objectively better but really it does work out better. An E saves less. It lasted way longer, but your module will die and the MRP won't be gone yet, then the another module will die and theE MRP is still intact. Then you die. The D protected more but then dies, then you win and leave. It got less overall health but in general, it was enough. It's not noobs that used Ds over Es despite low health, it was higher skill players.
I likened it to AFMUs. I think have more ammo than As, but since As do more per second they get more out of less ammo so all in all still work out better.

I am very very excited to play with all the new features in the update, multi-crew mining is going to be so silly. Kicking back with a Mug, throwing on Radio Sidewinder and crushing the ice.

Last edited:

Not sure if they are reversing them again : Just dropped into Beta (luckily I was already in my SRV at original ruins) and SRV displaying Lat/Lon in expected order. Maybe a copy/paste error in notes?

I guess we'll know soon

Control-F "bounty"

"When a bounty voucher or combat bond is awarded, all players in a wing who would previously have gotten a share will now get a copy of the full value"

I'm confused. [wacky]

Wing bounties are 100% (duplicated) for everyone that gets a hit on target.

Multicrew bounties are split with helm getting 100% and crew getting % based on rank. Hit not required to get paid.

Hopefully that makes sense. Idea being in crew you have 0 risks like rebuy etc.

Not sure if they are reversing them again : Just dropped into Beta (luckily I was already in my SRV at original ruins) and SRV displaying Lat/Lon in expected order. Maybe a copy/paste error in notes?

I guess we'll know soon

It is conceivable that this is an xbox only change. I have a feeling that when they briefly reversed the display order of co-ordinates back in 2.2, then realised how disastrous this would be (for all the thousands of co-ordinates that have been written down in web pages, spreadhsheets, notebooks, bookmarks, etc, etc) and changed them back again, that they didn't swap them back for xbox. I could be wrong (this is a very vague memory).

No mention of the silent honk from the discovery scanner in the beta 5 - I hope they fixed that.
Although being a non-combat and non-multi-pew thing I doubt many people noticed :(

It is conceivable that this is an xbox only change. I have a feeling that when they briefly reversed the display order of co-ordinates back in 2.2, then realised how disastrous this would be (for all the thousands of co-ordinates that have been written down in web pages, spreadhsheets, notebooks, bookmarks, etc, etc) and changed them back again, that they didn't swap them back for xbox. I could be wrong (this is a very vague memory).

Yeah, I thought they already swapped xbox back in one of the 2.2 patches, but I suppose an actual Xbox player will be along to tell us!

I believe they did fix them for xbox in the 2.2.03 patch - so 2.2 PC and XBox had the same - now they specifically are stating:
Reverted the order of the latitude and longitude readout on the hud to be the same as pre 2.2

So they shuffle all the ruins sites and swap the long/lat again - it's like they really hate players writing anything down!!

Last edited:
So no fix for heat? hmmm I remember Sandro claiming it was going to be fixed, same for healing... Guess we need to turn things up.

Top Bottom