Patch Notes Update 2.4 The Return - Update 2.4.01

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The question I have is that why is there no forum post about it. If they're gonna send an alert saying to look on forums for details, you'd assume the details would actually be there.

Yeah or a message on social media saying how long downtime is, a lot of other game companies use social media to announce downtime

Yeah or a message on social media saying how long downtime is, a lot of other game companies use social media to announce downtime

There is no excuse really it is just plain lazy and shows the possible contempt frontier developments have for the end user, I have been here from the start and I am getting fed up with the severe lack of progress with the game and the poor interaction between user and developer. We have paid for this game so show us some respect! [mad]

There is no excuse really it is just plain lazy and shows the possible contempt frontier developments have for the end user, I have been here from the start and I am getting fed up with the severe lack of progress with the game and the poor interaction between user and developer. We have paid for this game so show us some respect! [mad]

Absolutely spot on commander. Likewise been here since kickstarter and early testing too. Frontier have grown too big to remember once they came to us with begging hats on to raise the funds to kickstart the game. Without us this game would not have started. How are we treated? I will answer! Very badly. Promises broken. I speak of planetary landings with atmosphere, walking on space legs around our ships and in stations (never mind planets with Atmosphere and futuristic cityscapes). maybe they will come one day. But like the last 2 patches released they will take no notice of the work done in beta testing and release code that is bugged to hell or plainly doesn't work. They use ultra crap servers rented from Amazon and the launcher cannot read from these servers. My internet is not the fastest by any means BUT its stable. Yet I cannot get my Launcher to communicate with the servers.

Hi there. What trouble shooting steps have you taken so far?
kerrash mate, I have left tickets on support site, posted moans here on the forum. My tickets don't get answered properly and the reader doesn't look at the dxdiag or netlog files I send. If they did then I am sure they would be able to see I am telling the truth that the servers are a pile of dog doos.

I have disabled my antivirus, my firewall, run as Admin and run as Not Admin. IPV6 is disabled too.

I have proven my internet works by in parallel downloading an application update while the Frontier Launcher is unable to connect to the servers. More I cannot do except maybe delete the entire game off my PC and start again (but the thought of this fills me with dread because my internet speed is not so good.

Last edited:
No comment other than I can't get past the Launcher! bloody useless game! And yes I am very salty because I cannot get a working solution!

If you're trying to update, the last patch hung for about 5-10mins before completing, - I had to leave it and let it do it's thing. Hoping you get fixed soon.

OK yesterday I had the 2.4.01 update working at 1am Paris time after a full 4 hours of total chaos,
then I went to Ziegel dock/Wu Guinagi to run my favorite courier mission loop & could not find a single courier mission available...
I agree the mission stack issue had to be fixed but this is too much IMO,
there should be a fine tuning between too much & none is it?

well i may be wrong as i often am but i was under the assumption that it was only the surface scan missions that were to be affected by the patch !!!! it now seems that massacre mission also have fallen foul of the update so that 3x20 ship kill massacre missions means you must kill 60 ships they kept that one quiet

well i may be wrong as i often am but i was under the assumption that it was only the surface scan missions that were to be affected by the patch !!!! it now seems that massacre mission also have fallen foul of the update so that 3x20 ship kill massacre missions means you must kill 60 ships they kept that one quiet
That was also widely trailed...

Nope, that was loud and clear and meet with the cheering of the Elite orthodoxes on the forums. For me it was a nice and "legal" way of earning money. Too bad.
EDIT: ninja'd by Willowfan

Hi, we'll be taking down the PlayStation 4 servers at 3PM UK, 10AM East USA time for the 2.4.01 update.

Is this just an update on the server side, or will we also need to update the game itself on the PS4? If the latter, do you know the size of the update?

BTW, with all the salt going around, I'd like to give you all some sugar and say that I appreciate your hard work towards squishing all the bugs (and I ain't talking Thargoids). Still plenty of bugs left, but this stuff takes time.

I was hoping to see a fix, or even just acknowledgement that engineers that require mission based invite is under investigation as they are not working.

Loads of threads (including my own) in the bugs section but the QA staff are not replying.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom