22 CMDRs in an instance, on PS4

For the official re-opening of the fleet carrier AXI BarHabba, CMDRs from the PS field of AX were invited to come on a Hydra hunt on Friday 3rd July.

In total, at the busiest point, 22 CMDRs (across two party chats) were all in the same instance, fighting the top level Xeno ship, without any serious glitching.
"LIES!" I hear you scream.
"Never on PS, rubbish!" I hear muttered at the back...

Well (somehow) it happened, and boy it was fun fun fun! Thanks to everyone who showed up, CMDRs from AXI, HIVE, GALX and last but by no means least BugSmashers. 🍻
In a global event, open to all, CMDRs from UK, US, Canada, Italy, France, Spain and the Philippines showed up. There may be more, thats just ones i know, sorry if I missed anyone out😬

BarHabba is still stocked up with rare goods, if anyone wants a Hutton Mug or some Onionhead Beta Strain or something as a momento, I'm sure HabbaNero will dish out the goods at some point todayπŸ˜‚

Please note, 3 Hydras were very much harmed in the course of the event, murder on Zidanes floorπŸ˜‰

o@@@7
Tripple Rimmer Salute

Sorry I missed it! Unfortunately after 4 month's of furlough with naught to do but whittle the time away on the Playstation I'm back to work now, which will eat into my available time. However, as soon as I can sort that pesky work-life balance out the Independent Rescue Vessel Dorman Long will be on standby for repair/refuel operations on AX combat pilots.

A pity I missed it, my CMDR is in the vicinity anyways. Would you write a short post here next time? Or don’t you announce it outside of the groups so not to attract griefers?
I will do mate, is your CMDR name the same as on here? I will ping you a frnd req on PS if you want?
o7

Sorry I missed it! Unfortunately after 4 month's of furlough with naught to do but whittle the time away on the Playstation I'm back to work now, which will eat into my available time. However, as soon as I can sort that pesky work-life balance out the Independent Rescue Vessel Dorman Long will be on standby for repair/refuel operations on AX combat pilots.
Cheers mateπŸ™‚πŸ»
I normally hang at BarHabba or the Astras but very much appreciate the offerπŸ™‚. If there is ever a "Proper Thargoid Tear Up" we may need all the help we can get. But thats probably a long way off unfortunatly☹️

I believe CMDR The
Nice one, has netcode improved then? Did you have to do much winging-dewinging to get people in?

We got more than that on Distant Worlds, but often involved faffing about. Havent got a vid of the big ones, but here's another over 20 cmdr jump:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58XGM0jdVhE
The first go was a bit hit and miss, one wing dropped into the NHSS9 as normal, our wing dropped in next and it was fine (i believe) for everyone apart from me. I could only see the "vapour trails" of the Hydra, but after jumping to SC and back it was fine.
There were a few times when people reported blue tunnels trying to drop into the instance, then the Hydra would warp a short distance as they actually got in. Basically as good as we could've hoped for really 22 CMDRs and a Hydra and a 128 swarm all in there together!
On previous Hydra Hunts we have had issues with multi swarms, up to 4 at once visible (scary but highly entertaining!), but this time we dropped into a NHSS9 rather tham an 8. NHSS9 starts with four scouts, then the Hydra drops in.
There was no invincible heart bug, no multi swarm and it ran better than we could've possibly hoped forπŸ™‚
o7

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqz0nqzNABs

Thanks to the hugely entertaining CMDR TheWitlessPanda for the vidπŸ‘πŸ»

Hopefully that link works🀞
That is the first Hydra, you can see me at the start, then i jump to SC because i can only see the trails. I got more people in SC together and they followed my low wake into the instance.

Then i tried for aaages to get a scan of the Hydra in a Cutter to help targeting the hearts, they are difficult to see on a Hydra.

Then i was repeatedly bouncing failing repair limpets off a couple of the guys, eventually got that sorted(ish). After that it seemed to progress a bit quickerπŸ™‚

Source: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wqz0nqzNABs

Thanks to the hugely entertaining CMDR TheWitlessPanda for the vidπŸ‘πŸ»

Hopefully that link works🀞
That is the first Hydra, you can see me at the start, then i jump to SC because i can only see the trails. I got more people in SC together and they followed my low wake into the instance.

Then i tried for aaages to get a scan of the Hydra in a Cutter to help targeting the hearts, they are difficult to see on a Hydra.

Then i was repeatedly bouncing failing repair limpets off a couple of the guys, eventually got that sorted(ish). After that it seemed to progress a bit quickerπŸ™‚

Now that's a fight! I managed to log in for a couple of hours late last night after work, ran a few courier jobs for the AXI and up-armoured my lifeboat. Hopefully I can get on again tonight (hospitality is a cruel mistress!) and start hitting the low-threat NHSS to beef up my crewman's and my own paltry combat skills. With the Pleiades being fairly compact, I'm wondering if the IRV Dorman Long would be more useful swapping either the fuel scoop or fuel limpet controller for decontamination limpets?

Do people use or pay attention to the system/local chats while playing? I'm trying to to stick to Open play and I don't know how instancing works but I've yet to see another CMDR yet, plenty of fleet carriers though! Next time I'm on I'm considering putting out a system-shout for independent pilots making them aware there is a dedicated S&R vessel on station.

For the official re-opening of the fleet carrier AXI BarHabba, CMDRs from the PS field of AX were invited to come on a Hydra hunt on Friday 3rd July.

In total, at the busiest point, 22 CMDRs (across two party chats) were all in the same instance, fighting the top level Xeno ship, without any serious glitching.
"LIES!" I hear you scream.
"Never on PS, rubbish!" I hear muttered at the back...

Well (somehow) it happened, and boy it was fun fun fun! Thanks to everyone who showed up, CMDRs from AXI, HIVE, GALX and last but by no means least BugSmashers. 🍻
In a global event, open to all, CMDRs from UK, US, Canada, Italy, France, Spain and the Philippines showed up. There may be more, thats just ones i know, sorry if I missed anyone out😬

BarHabba is still stocked up with rare goods, if anyone wants a Hutton Mug, best fortnite or some Onionhead Beta Strain merch or something as a momento, I'm sure HabbaNero will dish out the goods at some point todayπŸ˜‚

Please note, 3 Hydras were very much harmed in the course of the event, murder on Zidanes floorπŸ˜‰

o@@@7
Tripple Rimmer Salute
A pity I missed it, my CMDR is in the vicinity anyways. Would you write a short post here next time? Or don’t you announce it outside of the groups so not to attract griefers?

Top Bottom