23810 Prototype wrecks - WIP

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Same here, I'm still locating these sites, but they are all known wreckage, numbers, and data messages. So I don't report.

Phew.

I can continue with the medication after all.

Still bugs me though. I've had zero sightings until I posted on this thread earlier today.

That's zero sightings despite ascertaining the type of USS in 7 out of every 10 cases, I would say.

I don't believe in 'just' coincidence.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder:

1. Are they simply assets to flesh out the game? It appears catastrophic failures can occur through modified software, or other anomalies, and destroy ships or stations, but it does not directly impact players. We cannot (yet) modify our ships to cause a similar mishap.
2. Or is this intended to throw a hint which may have a bearing on one of the story arcs? Eg it appears Unknown Probes are being tested by Federal military convoys in Ross 47. 'Orbital testing', in particular. Were these prototypes also being tested for a particular purpose? Time will tell :)

One of the intriguing messages posted from some of the large surface wrecks mention (and I have to paraphrase, sorry) "...strange lights dancing in front of the ship..."

malware on the firmware? that is not alien!!!
http://i.imgur.com/lEwtpZI.png

Did they try to trojan my ship??

Top find, thank you :)

Malware eh? This lends a lot of weight to the theory that dodgy firmware upgrades / hacking has played a part in whatever happened to these wrecks. Be nice if we can draw a firm link to FSD modifications. And if there's evidence of engineer involvement my journey to the tinfoil side will be complete.

And if there's evidence of engineer involvement my journey to the tinfoil side will be complete.

Oh, no, you will only be entering new depths to crush your will.

Observe (warning these are massive spoilers if you haven't read Lave Revolution and/or Reclamation don't click if you don't want to know the story before reading Lave):
The Empire's secret agent needs to ensure Alliance forces engage Hans Walden's fleet. To that end he blackmails an old sailor in their fleet to sabotage a ship and make it explode from the inside making them think it was attacked. The sailor (Watt Tyler) is really Elite Commander Javelin Saunders who's simply hiding from his past. The secret agent ? Cuthrick Delaney, soon to be right hand man to Senator Kahina. They're attacking Hans because he's trying to create disease outbreaks in Sol, Achenar and Alioth through engineered biotech to collapse the existing governments so something like Galcop can return. He believe that's needed to avoid being crushed by the inevitable Thargoid invasion. Hans secret base (now lost) is on Lave2 which for some reason is now permit locked

Alternatively (massive Out of the Darkness spoilers, fair warning)
Moira Dolan is an ex Elite system authority working as a corporate investigator. A series of mysterious ship wrecks leads her to a deranged biotech scientist with a thargoid built base in Peregrina. He's trying to make better humans (and kill of the weak) to face the inevitable Thargoid invasion. He almost seems like a clone of one Hans Walden who disappeared decades earlier. She and her engineer friend Gustav Mastersson succeed in blowing up the base and follow a single ship heading directly away from human civilization. Curiously a line from the center of the bubble through Peregrina leads to the Pleiades and Merope

u think this is more F....... R... related?

Technically ? No. Sadly I don't really believe any of the books fold into the game beyond possibly giving them ideas for plot devices. All the books could have been wonderful vehicles for clues but to date the only thing I've seen in all of them either lead nowhere, to a permit locked system or an expanse of space 15K LY away.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: ilo
Do you think we have enough to go on to warrant posting a news story / warning in Galnet?

I mean people are getting this modified "malware" firmware off unexplained wrecks where we are fairly certain that something has gone very wrong, taking it down to their local engineer and using it to modify critical systems of their ship. That's got to be a recipe for disaster, right? RIGHT?!??

Last edited:
I have an -07 piece. Is that new?

TBioRyI.png

5VBdUxf.png

Sorry, there aren't more pics - I didn't think there was much chance of finding a new piece and I didn't check until after I'd left the site.

Last edited:
thanks! I moved already from trying to glue the 1, 2 and 3 pieces together to start working on the 7th and 8th.. either:
- I'm just not capable
- we are missing something
- both

I have unchained an especially crafted tool to help me with this: my daughter. wish her luck!

Arguendo

Volunteer Moderator
I have an -07 piece. Is that new?
I found a -07 as well, with a Dead Anaconda sitting on top of it:
zlzN8X9.jpg
Close ups:
GkQIric.jpg
oaRMUA2.jpg
The "23 FH 32 SPEC M64" markings where found several places on the piece.

Two additional interesting observations about the ships surrounding it.
1. The Anaconda had an unbroken windshield, but nothing inside the cockpit. I thought all ships ejected their pilots through it.
L79oKls.jpg

2. Also found a busted up Viper(?) with the pilot still in the seat(!)
ZOzprPg.png

Last edited:
Earlier today I found a piece you don't have yet, 23810-04

It looks like a double-deck corridor:
AykQ27T.jpg
When scanned I got a very interesting message...
qK8IMam.jpg

I also found the 23810-02 piece, but I got different scan results - it gave me two messages, one of which is very interesting indeed...
yyslMrs.jpg

GxbClqE.jpg

Just a heads up that someone has reported hearing some interesting audio from outside a station in Sirius. Something about an anaconda-sized "unknown ob(ject?)" being spotted.

Could be related, since Sirius is one of the suspects for fiddling with FSDs?

Last edited:
heard same comm chatters in other stations. the struct we have here is several times the size of an anaconda. just one of these pieces is as big as a conda, so..

heard same comm chatters in other stations. the struct we have here is several times the size of an anaconda. just one of these pieces is as big as a conda, so..

Do you think its random, ie. any station anywhere, or could they have been consistently related to Sirius or some other faction? Also, any idea how long this has been going on? Is it a new thing or it was always like this and I never noticed :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom