3309 Holiday Event

Actually, I'm talking about the world in the game. Playing the single game, I have not met a single npc in costume, no decorated station, and on the connection, when you get knocked up all also congratulated on the wedding and no one wished Merry Christmas.
Perhaps because weddings aren't associated with any one religion unlike Christmas.

1703781300587.png
anyone can do it.

Putting aside the fact that time-dilation makes the whole idea of a consistently kept time throughout the bubble pure fantasy, I'd say those who celebrate Christmas 'in the game' would probably do so on the 25th of December? Whether or not it is an official celebration, as it is currently commonplace, would be reflected in any outward display of relevant jollity or bah humbugness. o7
Actually around the world there are many different dates Christmas related events are celebrated, and in many parts it isn't celebrated at all. Can only conclude that it'd be even more so in a Bubble in the future.

Actually around the world there are many different dates Christmas related events are celebrated, and in many parts it isn't celebrated at all. Can only conclude that it'd be even more so in a Bubble in the future.
True, there are so many different cultures, as a pagan the 21st and 22nd are more important but the whole of December is Yule.

i was running around the game in my santa suit on the 25th does that count ho ho ho.
I set off on Chrimbo eve in the Python bound for the top of Odins in my jumper and snowman helm, im doing my bit!

O7

I agree I see, a strong situation, neither New Year's nor Christmas in the game is not celebrated in any way.

True, there are so many different cultures, as a pagan the 21st and 22nd are more important but the whole of December is Yule.
Yeah, would be more interesting if there was actual cultural difference in the game. The Viking worlds do Yule, the Gregorian worlds do it in January, some worlds don't even do it at all, etc. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, would be more interesting if there was actual cultural difference in the game. The Viking worlds do Yule, the Gregorian worlds do it in January, some worlds don't even do it at all, etc. 🤷‍♂️
And you included countries into the game, so every player faction will reclaim the zone owned by his country, and everything else is against the dev divine mandate.

We have wars between Marlinist factions that reclaim the Marlinist colonies as his own, and the player factions removed for those system when the dev force the new npc factions. And I did my research asking to both sides and talking with neutral mediators. See the Peace Treaty

The less real countries in the game, less problems between communities. The Federation of United States was great for the universe.

The devs could add festive decorations, not hard. They did graffitis for Salvation, Azimuth, Aegies, and other things, after the proteus wave event. Xmas is easier than Halloween. But thats all, generic.

And you included countries into the game, so every player faction will reclaim the zone owned by his country, and everything else is against the dev divine mandate.

We have wars between Marlinist factions that reclaim the Marlinist colonies as his own, and the player factions removed for those system when the dev force the new npc factions. And I did my research asking to both sides and talking with neutral mediators. See the Peace Treaty

The less real countries in the game, less problems between communities. The Federation of United States was great for the universe.

The devs could add festive decorations, not hard. They did graffitis for Salvation, Azimuth, Aegies, and other things, after the proteus wave event. Xmas is easier than Halloween. But thats all, generic.
I did? What countries are called Viking and Greg? 😛

I think what they do now is the right approach, you can dress up and decorate your cockpit.
Many festivals mean different things to different people and it would be impossible to please everyone.
Christmas in the space of a thousand years has changed completely in our time, Yule was hijacked by a different faith for its own gains, (but lets not go there) so im sure this time of year would possibly look very different to now.
Im against any form of modern religious festivals in game for obvious reasons.

Its nice to have an escape from the modern world, lets keep some stuff separate.

O7

Well, Santa Northpin was a bit late this year, but managed to deliver eventually

Funny messages, kudos to the Narrative team (and maybe to Paul? i got the feeling some were written in his style) and FDEV for the event and them gifts

HARALD, YOU IDIOT! 😂

Somehow I thought this lasted till the 5th, but looks more like the 4th. I had the presents early, so I did the deliveries anyways. Some of the kids were happy, as they seemed to get a more unexpected present, anyways!
I noticed, using EDCoPilot, some stations dedications/"this station is named for..." would pop up. Those dedications should have a display, in game! A screen on your ship, plus a plaque or statue inside the concourses. I've seen those on inara before, but seeing it popup like that spawned the idea.

Top Bottom