3309 Holiday Event

Had a lot of fun with this. Went one code at a time working them out on paper while jumping/super cruising to each destination. Acquired the different rewards one at a time a d and applied them as I went, so over the course of the journey my entire ship, interior, and CMDR gradually degenerated further into holiday nonsense, which was amusing.

The final message upon completion of all deliveries confused me, though. Anyone know what the last reward actually is?

Well done FDev for this event; I’ve been doing one delivery per day and I found the puzzle to be solvable without resorting to out-of-game tools (excepting pen & paper & cup of coffee 😁) - apart from the planetary port.

If you’d included something within the garbled message that pointed towards the correct system or planet then the event would have been golden in my eyes - but there’s a smeary thumbprint over it thanks to that one place not showing on the Galaxy map search function (and having one extremely similar name for an orbital!).

I'm doing my best Ned! I can't stream much more than I already do!
You do, but even with you being a full-time streamer your content is really only viewable (live) for me if I'm up between the hours of 11pm-4am my time. One man and his gnome/spider/caravans/monkeys/cheese cannot serve the entire world.

Why not let everyone have all the drops, encouraging new people to stream the game and give it more exposure, instead of limiting them to a select few who consistently pass their audiences around between themselves? Getting rid of the EPP would also be one less thing to administrate, which seems relevant given the current lack of CMs...

Last edited:
You do, but even with you being a full-time streamer your content is really only viewable (live) for me if I'm up between the hours of 11pm-4am my time. One man and his gnome/spider/caravans/monkeys/cheese cannot serve the entire world.

Why not let everyone have all the drops, encouraging new people to stream the game and give it more exposure, instead of limiting them to a select few who consistently pass their audiences around between themselves? Getting rid of the EPP would also be one less thing to administrate, which seems relevant given the current lack of CMs...
More Gnomes... gotcha!

Did it a bit late, but just finished it with my son. Pretty good overall, I think I have an idea who scripted the text and responses, which were very amusing :) I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and fly safe for NY. o7

Did it a bit late, but just finished it with my son. Pretty good overall, I think I have an idea who scripted the text and responses, which were very amusing :) I hope everyone had a great Christmas, and fly safe for NY. o7
I wonder when they celebrate Christmas in the world of the Elite. Playing on this day and flying in the bubble I neither saw nor heard any congratulations and station decorations on this occasion.

Now, if we were to see such in-game manifestations, I think that rather than importing contemporary IRL festivities, I'd like to see new weird and local fictional traditions, each with their own amusing lore to drink in -- grubfest, maybe, and the two minute bask. :p

I wonder when they celebrate Christmas in the world of the Elite. Playing on this day and flying in the bubble I neither saw nor heard any congratulations and station decorations on this occasion.
Putting aside the fact that time-dilation makes the whole idea of a consistently kept time throughout the bubble pure fantasy, I'd say those who celebrate Christmas 'in the game' would probably do so on the 25th of December? Whether or not it is an official celebration, as it is currently commonplace, would be reflected in any outward display of relevant jollity or bah humbugness. o7

Putting aside the fact that time-dilation makes the whole idea of a consistently kept time throughout the bubble pure fantasy, I'd say those who celebrate Christmas 'in the game' would probably do so on the 25th of December? Whether or not it is an official celebration, as it is currently commonplace, would be reflected in any outward display of relevant jollity or bah humbugness. o7
Actually, I'm talking about the world in the game. Playing the single game, I have not met a single npc in costume, no decorated station, and on the connection, when you get knocked up all also congratulated on the wedding and no one wished Merry Christmas.

Top Bottom