97% of Viewers (Players?) Want Ship Interiors!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
They've been fairly clear on ship interiors, transitions between ship and on foot, etc, and also that VR, in FPS, will be a 2d thing like minecraft has, as an option for those who find VR a bit nauseating since they've announced Odyssey. Or do people think they're not serious when saying that stuff?
Another poll may indicate 100% of VR users would like a VR keyboard in ED. It may happen, but Im not expecting it till they say it's going to happen. 2 more sleeps!

I understand, that many features in game may be repetitive and get boring. But i am interested, from where we will need to walk to cockpit? OK, when the entrance is somewhere far away from the cockpit. Do we have a list of such ships?

What OA is trying to do is to find out how many players want ship interiors.

Yea, and is as valid as if a die hard pvp influencer will hold a poll asking:
do you want ship interiors knowing that to add them they will postpone indefinitely any pvp balance patch?
Y/N

bet that 97% of the followers of the said influencers will vote: No

Yea, and is as valid as if a die hard pvp influencer will hold a poll asking:
do you want ship interiors knowing that to add them they will postpone indefinitely any pvp balance patch?
Y/N

bet that 97% of the followers of the said influencers will vote: No
Northpin, you are making a very big assumption here with your statement. You are assuming that Frontier would divert resources to the project rather than acquire additional resources (manpower, etc.) to deal with it. I strongly suspect none of us really knows how Frontier would approach this project. It would all boil down to whether or not Frontier thinks that the revenue that the project would generate, either immediately in terms of a DLC or down the road with store purchases for cosmetics, would justify spending additional money to beef up their staff so that other work would not get back logged. Since they are rather tight lipped about their work, we would only find out once some sort of definitive statement was made.

View attachment 214664

Nearly seven thousand votes on a community poll on YouTube (so far). Sure, YouTube polls aren't scientific and the audience certainly won't be 100% representative of the entire playerbase.

However, it's likely that ~6693 people out of ~6900 gives good margin for error to confidently say that; "Most players want to see ship interiors added to the game at some point."
With Odyssey we got Legs and tenuous atmospheric planets. I never expected both in a single DLC tbh.
This gives me the hope that in the next DLC we will probably have ELW and ship interiors...

It occurs to me that the thread title is worse than the question that was polled, if that's possible... 100% of commanders already have ship interiors...

If ship interiors push the technical requirements of the game beyond my current PC then that's a no from me - for now. I'm already looking at the new EDO specs with more than a little trepidation.
Eventually I'll get a better PC, but unless there's an option you can disable, it'd stop me playing until I can shell out a significant sum to improve my hardware.
That's not something I'd look forward to as I'm a little light at the moment.

"You really want to fly in a straight line in space for 5 to 10 mins without having to touch the controls?"

Elite would never include gameplay like that! 😁
They didn't... originally.

But the original alpha tester cohort decided that the "right" way to fly in Supercruise was fly slowly in a straight line. This is despite the fact that the fastest way to fly was (and still is) to avoid getting caught by gravity wells until you approached your destination, at which point you needed to skillfully thread the needle, a small corridor of space between being captured (or colliding with) the planet your destination orbits, and overshooting. It was fun, it was fast, and Frontier all but killed it because the "fly slowly in a straight line" cohort complained that Supercruise was too slow!

Now, the best we can do is a controlled overshoot maneuver (except near gas giants) which isn't as fast as the original iteration of Supercruise was for most destinations in the Bubble, it doesn't require as much skill, nor do I consider it to be as much fun.

This has been Frontier's pattern from day 1:
  1. Frontier introduces something with depth, which requires skill, knowledge, and/or an decent understanding of the underlying game mechanics to get the best results.
  2. The Members of the Community reduces it to something that is easily understood, requires little skill... but can be done through grinding for guaranteed results while watching Netflix, even if said results aren't as good as those who develop the necessary skills, knowledge, and understanding are able achieve. They then post a youTube video about it.
  3. This simplistic and grindy approach then gets adopted by the Community at Large, despite a small cohort of players trying to educate others about a better, and more fun, way of achieving those results.
  4. The Community at Large complains about the how slow and grindy their approach to the game is.
  5. Frontier increases the rewards of the grindy approach, at the expense of what can be achieved via skill, knowledge, and understanding.
  6. ???
  7. Profit!
Do I want ship interiors? Yes, I do. But what I want more than anything else is skillful gameplay outside the sphere of combat. Ship interiors without attached gameplay is window dressing. Nice to have, but not at the expense of additional gameplay, as well as new settings for existing gameplay to take place in.

Last edited:
If ship interiors push the technical requirements of the game beyond my current PC then that's a no from me - for now. I'm already looking at the new EDO specs with more than a little trepidation.
Eventually I'll get a better PC, but unless there's an option you can disable, it'd stop me playing until I can shell out a significant sum to improve my hardware.
That's not something I'd look forward to as I'm a little light at the moment.
Vincent, if the ship interiors of SWTOR could not muck up my old 1st gen i7, I don't think, barring some kind of weird programming, that they would mess with your ability to play this game.

Do I want ship interiors? Yes, I do. But what I want more than anything else is skillful gameplay outside the sphere of combat. Ship interiors without attached gameplay is window dressing. Nice to have, but not at the expense of additional gameplay, as well as new settings for existing gameplay to take place in.
I don't think FDEV will ever consider the option to add ship interiors without additional gameplay. They said so many times. Ship interiors is a big investment so it needs to make sense in the game loop.
On the other hand ship interiors without gameplay can only be sold as cosmetic in the ARX store, but I guess it would be an unpopular decision.

IIRC, these are specifications for Alpha phase of EDO. Mostly the full of bugs Alphas are more demanding from PCs.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom