A Collection of 3-Animal Packs for Each Continent and Biome

Given that a DLC model being used has been revealed, I've updated my packs according (this time with pictures!):
51E39AK.png

mxEPkAw.png

I adapted the biome packs to be a tad different from the continent packs, while also providing what I believe to have an equivalent price value.

This is so cool! I'll probably do something similar with my own wish list packs in the coming weeks. I love the format and details!

Do you think we'll just get biome-themed packs, though? Or might we get packs specific to different animal types? I could see that being a possibility.

I don't think we'll get animal-type packs like a Crocodilian pack or an ungulate pack, as people might find the animals in them too similar. Biome packs have a lot more potential for diversity.

I would add maned wolves (lobo-guará) in the south american pack, they're pretty unique and very popular in zoos around here. At the same time I'm hoping we get way more animals than that, would be a shame to only have 4 species to represent south america when it houses the amazon and atlantic forests, both very rich in biodiversity

I wouldn't put wild boar. They are highly agressive, highly invasive and can break through fences like you wouldn't believe. Could't even fathom trying to keep one in a zoo tbh
Some native UK(Thats where I live and know about really!) species could be Euopean otters, Euopean Badgers, brown hares, red foxes, or the european wildcat!

Last edited:
I wouldn't put wild boar. They are highly agressive, highly invasive and can break through fences like you wouldn't believe. Could't even fathom trying to keep one in a zoo tbh
Some native UK(Thats where I live and know about really!) species could be Euopean otters, Euopean Badgers, brown hares, red foxes, or the european wildcat!
I've since replaced the wild boar with the muskox and crested porcupine.

I would add maned wolves (lobo-guará) in the south american pack, they're pretty unique and very popular in zoos around here. At the same time I'm hoping we get way more animals than that, would be a shame to only have 4 species to represent south america when it houses the amazon and atlantic forests, both very rich in biodiversity
If it helps any, llamas and ocelots are in my biome packs (along with some exhibit animals of South American species).

To be honest... the more I think about it, I think:

• birds will come in a large Aviary DLC that will come with a free update for the base game that will include flight animations;
  • aquatic animals will come in a large Aquatic DLC that will come with a free update for the base game that will include swimming / diving animations (for animals that should be able to do them, like crocs, polar bears, etc).

These large DLCs might be priced up to 20,- and will include far more animals than just 4 or 5 and likely multiple scenarios.

If it will happen this way, then the small biome / continent DLCs that are released before above Aviary / Aquatic DLCs won't include aquatic or flying animals.

Last edited:
Nice pack lists. In the North American pack I’d be tempted to substitute the bald eagle for the blue heron.

To be honest... the more I think about it, I think:

• birds will come in a large Aviary DLC that will come with a free update for the base game that will include flight animations;
  • aquatic animals will come in a large Aquatic DLC that will come with a free update for the base game that will include swimming / diving animations (for animals that should be able to do them, like crocs, polar bears, etc).

These large DLCs might be priced up to 20,- and will include far more animals than just 4 or 5 and likely multiple scenarios.

If it will happen this way, then the small biome / continent DLCs that are released before above Aviary / Aquatic DLCs won't include aquatic or flying animals.

You're being far too optimistic.

I have no doubt we might eventually get aviaries, but again, they've tested the water on this already with Jurassic World Evolution - expecting much more than what they gave that game is naively hopeful. Aviaries are more likely to be similar to exhibits, except perhaps on a larger scale, and with the birds inside them programmed to a specific looping path to make them dynamic. Before they add anything like this, though, they will need to work through some performance issues with the game, as even on high-end gaming PC's it seems to struggle after a certain point due to the sheer amount of constant movement being rendered.

As for aquatic animals, while I think it is something they will work on (they have the groundwork already, and seals/sea lions, otters, and penguins are all pretty much zoo animal cornerstones), I don't think we should expect too much here, either.

That said, from a business perspective aviaries are trickier than aquatic animals. As you proposed, adding diving/swimming animations into the game can work as a free update, so future additions to that class of animal can simply be added later as optional DLC, but aviaries are a feature we will basically have to pay for. So if we're paying for aviaries in one DLC, we only get them if we buy that DLC - this can limit Frontier's ability to add birds to later DLC packs, because they either have to include the whole aviary system again in the next DLC, or work on the assumption that everybody already bought the initial DLC so they can just add birds.

The latter doesn't work, because if they, for example, made a new African DLC with African birds included in it, and someone bought it for, I don't know, the baboons but not the birds, how do they exclude the birds from gameplay if the customer doesn't already have aviaries?

In order to produce smaller DLC packs that don't cost too much but ensure a steady stream of profit, like the Arctic Pack, Frontier needs to be able to limit how much they put into each one. That's a business strategy. If they dump everything on us at once, then the community stops asking for new things, so discussion online around the game dies off, interest dwindles, and it's harder to reignite people's passion with the next big thing. The rise of social media and platforms like Steam really killed the old-school "expansion pack" model. Even The Sims, often held up as the example to the contrary, releases millions of those smaller Stuff Packs and Game Packs regularly to stop people from getting bored.

So to conclude - I think aviaries and (certain) marine animals are possible and likely somewhere in the plan for Frontier, but I don't think we should get our hopes up too much about just how much content we're going to get, as Frontier is limited by the new age of game development.

Nice pack lists. In the North American pack I’d be tempted to substitute the bald eagle for the blue heron.
I never realized blue herons were special birds, as someone living in the Netherlands. They're such common birds here. But then one day I heard a colleague went on safari somewhere in Africa and he accidentally went on a 'blue heron tour' to see the rare and beautiful blue heron :p

Anyway, blue herons might as well be in the European pack. But I quite like the porcupine- musk ox- iberian lynx- ibex + medieval theme + 2 scenarios pack, so... maybe just leave out the blue heron? I like them well enough, they're cool birds, but I don't know, not very zoo-worthy I guess? But again, they're really common wild birds around here and are uninteresting for parks and zoos to keep, so my view is affected by that.

Actually for the Netherlands it's the Grey Heron. Those are very common.. While I did know that they are 2 seperate species, had to google the English name but the Dutch translation for Blauwe reiger doesn't help here :D :D
Tbh, they all look similar, except the American one is bigger.

People have way too much expectations for this game. I think it would be wiser to lower your expectations with the current features of the game (flight is not a feature in the game atm). I've read way too many post from people making bold statements, about upcoming features and some people already are seeing this as a confirmation from Frontier.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
People have way too much expectations for this game. I think it would be wiser to lower your expectations with the current features of the game (flight is not a feature in the game atm). I've read way too many post from people making bold statements, about upcoming features and some people already are seeing this as a confirmation from Frontier.

Absolutely correct, though I think we can draw some conclusions from what we already have. Again, I raise the example of the Jurassic World Evolution aviary system. It's not 'true flight' in the way people seem to want, but we seem to have a lot of people who lack an understanding of what it actually takes to create animals in this game begging for stuff that might very well be impossible. I'm certainly not an expert, but I think by looking at what we already have we can see the direction Frontier intends on going (or at least, a close approximation of it).

Everyone definitely needs to manage their expectations though.

Top Bottom