A Guide to Minor Factions and the Background Sim

I know they changed the transaction buff for exploration data. Did they do the same with trade, bounties, bonds, etc...?

What is the reason for a commodity market to vanish, outpost was lost a week ago, Cooperative -> Patronage?
Best guess:
- the outpost didn't normally have a commodity market
- the Cooperative government opened a black market, which causes a commodity market to open as well if there wasn't one already
- the Patronage government closed the black market, taking the normal market with it

but faction has another port(planetary) refinery economy without commodities market, so the case where Cooperative open black market with commodities market as a bonus is not entirely plausable.

but faction has another port(planetary) refinery economy without commodities market, so the case where Cooperative open black market with commodities market as a bonus is not entirely plausable.
Does the planetary have a black market?

Harder question: has the planetary ever been under anyone else's control (and if so, how long ago)? Black markets seem to get checked when ownership changes, but if in an unusual state won't necessarily be updated otherwise.

Had a new one for me last night - the system is in War when in the system, it's in War on Galmap, my faction is in War on the faction summaries in all its systems. In fact it's been in war for 4 days and I was expecting it to be resolved today.

However despite being in War and still having CZs all over the system, and the mission boards spamming massacre missions as usual, the system and the only asset in the system had been handed over to my faction already.

Is that normal? I thought it only got handed over when the War had ended and was resolved?

Had a new one for me last night - the system is in War when in the system, it's in War on Galmap, my faction is in War on the faction summaries in all its systems. In fact it's been in war for 4 days and I was expecting it to be resolved today.

However despite being in War and still having CZs all over the system, and the mission boards spamming massacre missions as usual, the system and the only asset in the system had been handed over to my faction already.

Is that normal? I thought it only got handed over when the War had ended and was resolved?

That's normal.

The war state continues for another day once the assets change hands. The outcome is decided at the end of day 3 (providing you've hit the 3% / 5% lead), no matter what happens on day 4.

I recently had some success in flipping a small system with respect to super power allegiance and taking a station in the process as well.
Now I wonder whether I can do the same with a system that is also a Powerplay system without myself being pledged to any PP factions. And if not changing to a different superpower, maybe at least change hand, e.g. from a minor faction aligned with the Federation to an independent faction? Or at least steal a station? :S

Now I wonder whether I can do the same with a system that is also a Powerplay system without myself being pledged to any PP factions. And if not changing to a different superpower, maybe at least change hand, e.g. from a minor faction aligned with the Federation to an independent faction? Or at least steal a station? :S
You don't need to be pledged to a Power to carry out BGS actions in Powerplay systems. There are two reasons it may be harder (or easier, depending on which way you want to go, though I think most of the 'easier' has been done already)

1) Powers tend to increase influence gains for their own superpower and reduce it for others
2) The players supporting a Power may want that system to have a particular government type in charge because of its effects on their CC economy.

So you may find yourself fighting both the Power and its player representatives, for some changes.

Yeah thanks!
Just noticed, that the controlling faction is also a player faction, and with a population of several 100k the system is anyway on the larger end of "small" (as opposed to the <100k system that I managed to flip).
Well, after the tick today I will see what effect I had with my initial actions last night, and may decide to shift my efforts to some easier place instead [where is it]

Last edited:
That's normal.

The war state continues for another day once the assets change hands. The outcome is decided at the end of day 3 (providing you've hit the 3% / 5% lead), no matter what happens on day 4.

You can fight the 4th day even if lost/won and deliver combat bonds to another system to raise influence there?

You can fight the 4th day even if lost/won and deliver combat bonds to another system to raise influence there?

I know bounty claims count for the faction in another system from where they were obtained. I didn't think the same was true for combat bonds since the state of the other system is None. Interesting.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom