Community Event / Creation Abraka Drabble The Old Official Drabble THIS IS AN EX THREAD IT IS DEADED

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
http://-dockers.co.uk/images/abbraklogsmall.png​

Welcome to the Official Drabble competition for you Drabble enthusiasts!!!

Here we run a weekly competition for the best drabble from the community that meets the following rules.

1. Drabbles are stories of exactly 100 words (Excluding the title)
2. Drabbles need to be set in the Elite universe (loosely).
3. Drabbles must meet the theme set by the previous weeks winner.
4. The Drabble Topic will be set on a Monday by the previous weeks winner, should no topic be set by Monday, then Tuesday the topic will be declared OPEN and anything goes (See rule 2)
5. Only the first 20 entries per week can be put into the draw.
6. You may write more than one drabble, but must specify which one is your entry. If you don't then the most recent Drabble will be put forward.
7. Anyone submitting drabbles after the 20 slots are filled will not be part of the vote, but will be able to share their amazing skills (and may get them read out).
8. Vote closes Sunday and the winner is declared. In the event of a tie, all winners can set a theme for the following week, entrants may choose to use one or all of the themes in their drabbles.
9. This is for fun - please be respectful and try to keep it clean.
10. Thou shalt not submit someone else's as your own

VOTING RULEs.
Everyone can vote 3 times in the poll.
You can not vote for yourself.

Have fun with creating your mini masterpieces.

The next post has the list of the drabble topics covered so far.

So submit your drabbles in reply to this thread, and the first 20 will be guaranteed entry into this weeks poll, and read out on our live Show Friday night.

Entries close at Random O'clock on Thursday evening (or sometimes earlier if we have 20 entries already). Late drabbles submitted up to Friday Afternoon will likely have a good chance of being read out on the live drabble readiing show for fun.

The Weekly Drabble show is available in different ways
Live shows Friday's 19:00 GMT - 20:00 GMT (approximately)
Http://twitch.tv/psykokow (VIDEO)
http://laveradio.com/live (Audio Only)
http://huttonorbital.com/ (Audio Only)

Past Broadcasts are available to watch from
http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a4eBPOehkU6JhV
OR Audio Versions available on
Itunes https://itunes.apple.com/ms/podcast/abraka-drabble
and
http://abrakadrabble.com/category/drabble-podcast/

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Abraka Drabble The Official Drabble Thread (list on 1st&3rd post)

The Big and beautiful list of Drabbles so far
Part 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Precious.

It was just a point of light, close to the sun from far out, but in the ‘Goldilocks’ zone. The star was a blue white disc, too bright to look at, making it difficult to pick out.

I angled for the shadow cone, to approach from the shadow side. As I got closer it grew into a bright crescent and a night side that, in contrast, seemed very dark. No city lights disturb the night.

I went into a fast orbit approaching the dawn line, then I burst into the light. Brown. Green. Blue. White. Seas. Land. Treasure!

My Princess.

Well, you said keep it clean...

The bridge was a mess. Again.

Deek sighed and turned back to his cart, selecting the strongest stain remover in his kit. Imported from the frontier systems, it was, and apparently had the power to remove even the most stubborn internal fluids from starship fitments and fittings.

This was just typical, he thought. It rankled him, the inconsiderate nature of people who bled in zero-g. How the hells was he supposed to get that blob of, of, what the hells was that, out of the light??

"Captains come and go", Deek murmured, "but it's always me that cleans them up..."

:)

Voices

“Stefan, you dumb goid-head. Ain’t nothing in these drips but pure bliss, you hear me?” Kory took the plastic to his mouth and sucked gently, his eyes rolling as the chemicals did their work.

His partner snatched the dispenser away. “I’m telling you the truth. This stuff don’t just get you high, it gets you in touch, man. Lets you hear the whole universe! Including Thargoids!”

Kory laughed, leaning back as his senses warped. “No way, man, no-”

Shining eyes appeared through blackness, and grey-green mandibles stretched open, singing an eerie hymn of a thousand chittering voices in unison.

“Whoah.”

The customs officer looked at the manifest for the ship, "The Rusty Bucket". He smirked at reading that, this pilot had a sense of humour, but he knew not to drop his guard, pilots will try every trick in the book and try writing a new book.

The search was clean, despite this pilot's track record with the rules, he was not carrying contraband. The customs officer was sure that next time would be different. He opened one of the containers at random and the smell was overwhelming. "That's a six hundred credit fine, anchovies are illegal in this system."

Health & Safety is Always Paramount.

It was six years later and the bloodstains still were visible in daylight.
Agent Psykokow wondered if the introduction of the health and safety regulations had been done earlier how many thousands of those settlers would have survived.

He put it out of his mind and turned to the crowd of pre-pubescent teens assembled around him.

'So you slip it on like this' in his mind he dreamed of fining ambassadors for undeclared cargo's and being given back handed bribes to lose the paperwork and keep his silence,. The dream faded, he needed to concentrate he'd nearly dropped the banana.

this is the one i was on about. called 'Drabbles' 100 words, plus it rhymes ;)

This drabble lark’s amusing,
It can be quite confusing,
If you don’t know that it’s Just a hundred words.

That excludes the title,
It really is quite vital,
It must be one that’s ‘got’ by all the nerds.

You would think it was so easy
But I’m getting very queasy
As I try and fit in what I want to say

I should be smelling flowers
Instead I’m sat for hours
As I wrestle with my text just one more day.

I thought that I was done,
Then I counted one o one
I returned to the beginning with dismay.

Peace of the universe.

Just a little slower and more to the left. Extend the landing gear and one last blast from thrusters I have landed.

Now I have time to look around this desolate empty place. The brown color of planetoid intensified by the red star and dark sky with a lot of stars dominated by the parent blue gas giant; this fills you with peace.

Enough of sightseeing, it is time to pot in a space suit and deploy the mining robot. Maybe I will find some diamonds or glittering gold. I hope I will be as lucky as the last time.

Last edited:
Jameson by name Jameson by Nature.

Darren Jameson came from a long line of Jameson's, he was proud of his heritage, a heritage that could be traced all the way back to the 20th centaury adult industry. Unlike that other Jameson who’s heritage could be traced back to more respected whisky industry's or the other Jameson who heritage went back to the founding of the Elite. Either way he was a Jameson and that's what mattered, with the name he was making his mark in this universe.
Darren Jameson approached the set and he dropped his dressing gown, he was ready to work.
“Light’s Camera Action!”

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Darren Jameson came from a long line of Jameson's, he was proud of his heritage, a heritage that could be traced all the way back to the 20th centaury adult industry. Unlike that other Jameson who’s heritage could be traced back to more respected whisky industry's or the other Jameson who heritage went back to the founding of the Elite. Either way he was a Jameson and that's what mattered, with the name he was making his mark in this universe.
Darren Jameson approached the set and he dropped his dressing gown, he was ready to work.
“Light’s Camera Action!”

The rules for writing a Drabble are plain and simple.

• The Drabble should be set in Elite universe on any subject you wish.
  • Your Drabble should be 100 words exactly excluding the title.
  • Drabbles must be complete and self contained, not in chapters.
  • And try to keep it relatively clean the little ones may be watching. :D

Mobius, he wasn't talking about your 'little one'!

Patience is a...

Zplintz drummed his bony fingers monotonously on the armrest of his oversized commander’s chair. Dark eyes narrowed, brow furrowed, trying to see through the ghost images his fatigued mind was inventing in the bright, rainbow coloured ocean of stars. He has been staring too hard, too long now. His judgement becoming less reliable by the minute. Suddenly a shape forms ahead, sharp edged, hard silver skinned and rapidly expanding. Zplintz reacts too slow, the imperial courier flashes overhead before his hand's half way to the launch button. “Bah! Let another one go” he grumbles. Zplintz drummed his bony fingers monotonously on...

Last edited:
You hit the purchase key and your cargo bay opens and it's loaded onto your ship. Like magic. There's a giant container aboard the station and someone has to move the empty standard metric tonne containers underneath. I watch them fill up, that part is automated.

I then load the containers onto the container hauler and move them to your ship. Then my friend unloads them from the hauler onto your ship. That part isn't automated. That part isn't like magic.

You take off but sometimes it's funny when you forget to order the fuel and have to land again.

Addendum: The last line wrote itself and it made me giggle and I laughed again when the word count said it was exactly a hundred. Perfect synchronicity (didn't plan this).

Okay new rules:

We have a weekly challenge normally to start on Monday (we're starting late this week).

The winner will be decided on Sunday via poll.

Same as before, 100 words in the ED Universe.

Winner sets the new theme, word, topic that must be touched upon.

This first challenge must deal with a space station. (I'm making this easy).

Let the First Psykokow Interstellar Charity Drabble Match Begin! All funds raised go towards buying him a new Onesie!

game on! that's a challenge i'm up for.

and remember if you want your drabbles published for posterity on the elitestories.co.uk drabble page email them along with who you want to be credited as to: drabble@elitestories.co.uk. - we will notify you when it's posted to the site.

one that gave our site staff a giggle, after editing by Ian the auto response form mail I wrote is exactly 100 words long, excluding subject :D

Ian Phillips

Volunteer Moderator
Space station challenge: The prey

Stars move.

When the sky turns dark and the clouds are absent, a cobweb of lights starts to show through the lingering afterglow of dusk.

That's when I walk, eyes lifted to watch the sky for a moving star. I'm not talking about a transient line of light, suddenly appearing and as quickly vanishing back into the darkness. I’m talking about stars that move across the sky, like a spider chasing across its web to secure its prey.

Some people love a moonrise. Not me. I follow the rise of a space station, my dreams soaring to chase after it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom