COMPLETED CG Aid Achilles Aerospace in Researching Titan Travel Technology

This is my concern... that there was actually challenge and thought required to how to ship these things around... FCs address that for the most part, but has a cost in terms of tritium. If we got CRCRs in all classes, might as well just not bother; remove the corrosive effect from the game and just god-hand the effect away with a story about how all standard cargo racks are corrosive resistant as-standard.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hold any hope of FD actually realising the potential of this mechanic, so I'm not opposed to 5E/6E becoming available... just lamenting a completely missed opportunity. Could've been much more... and that's a shame.

EDIT: Oh, regular xeno scanner still has a part to play. 25% of the power requirement, better if power is tight.

I totally see your points now. Thanks! o7

While I'm here...
Available from Thargy Bits in the Gandje system. Come get 'em!

1711175192128.png

Some general tips for Titan Drive Components collection:
  • You do NOT need to re-enter the instance for TDCs to spawn. Salvage items will just spawn around you over time. Only reset the instance if you need to get rid of Thargoid patrols.
  • Flying in 5-7 km circles around one area tend to spawn more items there faster. If the current area has reached max item limit (~10 items) with no TDCs, fly ~12km away to another area.
  • All 12 TDC I have collected were 12-18 km from the Titan remains center marker.
  • Add anything other than TDCs to ignore list to instantly spot them on radar.

Ship build tips:
  • Caustic Sink Launchers
    May as well cram all the util slots with them, nothing else is needed. 1 CSL ammo will last for 2 minutes in Thargoid Remains Caustic Zone.
  • Best thrusters you have
    After a few minutes 4 Thargoid patrols will start to jump in. 1 Medusa (450 m/s), 2 groups of 4 Scouts (280 m/s) and 2 Scythes (500 m/s). They jump in in random order. The Scythes will completely ignore you, unless you have Thargoid Bio-Storage Capsules. Medusa and Scouts turn hostile at 4-5km. With >550 m/s ship you can outrun all Thargoids and their missiles.
  • Best scanners you have
    Helps with detecting items and Thargoid patrols from further away.
  • Collector Limpets
    Not a must have, and they often get destroyed after collecting 1 item.

Last edited:
Some general tips for Titan Drive Components collection:
  • You do NOT need to re-enter the instance for TDCs to spawn. Salvage items will just spawn around you over time.
  • Flying in 5-7 km circles around one area tend to spawn more items there faster. If the current area has reached max item limit (~10 items) with no TDCs, fly ~12km away to another area.
  • All 12 TDC I have collected were 12-18 km from the Titan remains center marker.
You forgot this one: Check your "contacts" tab on the left panel rather than just selecting targets in front of you. Much quicker to spot the thing you want.
  • Add anything other than TDCs to ignore list to instantly spot them on radar.
Titan Deep Tissue Samples actually pay a pretty penny, so you might grab those too if you encounter them.

Read the thread.

On Thursday, I put a Collector Limpet controller, a 4E CRCR and 5 engineered Caustic Sinks on an AX Anaconda at under 20% heat. Flew around the debris field for about 15 minutes without issue in solo, slowly, with the left panel target page open (VR ftw). Picked up 3 drives, and a bunch of other unrelated items just because. Used about 10 Caustic Sinks (5 launchers were total overkill obviously, I launched sinks twice in the entire time I was there). Flew to my carrier and from there in another ship with a better jump range to Bloch Station. Signed up for CG there and then sold them.

🤷‍♂️ Did I just get lucky? Took me just over an hour all told; add 15 minutes for a carrier jump, maybe another 15 to temporarily source parts from some of my other ships to put on the 'conda, which I did while waiting for the carrier jump. I've been in there 3 times now, and not failed to see at least 1 drive in under 5 minutes.

16t was way later than the need for higher tonnage... if you can call it a need. There was a CG for the 1E&2E after the CG to bring CRCRs into the game,
Wasn’t that because that CG failed.

but we had Thargoid Sensors, Probes, Links and other Thargoid detritus, as well as the need to take tissue samples, probes and sensors out for the Guardian ruins missions, and collect large volumes of the detritus (resin, biological samples etc) to service inbox missions when you'd get to Obsidian Orbital in Maia.

1E & 2E were available through unlocking Palin.
I was at Palin’s place yesterday all I could see were the 1E & 1F with 1 or 2 tonne capacity.

EDIT: Oh, regular xeno scanner still has a part to play. 25% of the power requirement, better if power is tight.

Wasn’t that because that CG failed.
No, it made tier 4 of 8
Screenshot_20240323_232737_Samsung Internet.jpg

... that was only sufficient to unlock the...
I was at Palin’s place yesterday all I could see were the 1E & 1F with 1 or 2 tonne capacity.
1E and 1F, correct, i forget they did that hinky numbering.

1E was for tier 1, 1F was for Tier 4.

EDIT: Good lord... that screenshot size...

Last edited:
I need some help, I have been playing for 5 hours and wasn't able to land a single Drive Component.

I have been keeping to the 10-20 km range from the POI. I have been constantly moving around, I've been several times to the debris area (one side of the titan), the roid area (the other side), to the clear areas above and below, I've even ventured in the middle and mined a cyst or two to make sure there's no prerequisite.

I've tried open and I've tried solo. The only thing I noticed were simply more spawns when in open with other CMDRs. But.not.a.single.drive.

What could I be doing wrong?

• Collector Limpets - not a must have, and they often get destroyed after collecting 1 item.

You gotta deploy your limpets with no target selected. That tells them "Go pick up anything within range that is not in my ignore list". Unless they crash into something, they will last until their lifetime expires, to the very last second.

If you deploy a limpet with a valid target selected, you're telling it "Go pick up THAT item, then die".

I need some help, I have been playing for 5 hours and wasn't able to land a single Drive Component.

I have been keeping to the 10-20 km range from the POI. I have been constantly moving around, I've been several times to the debris area (one side of the titan), the roid area (the other side), to the clear areas above and below, I've even ventured in the middle and mined a cyst or two to make sure there's no prerequisite.

I've tried open and I've tried solo. The only thing I noticed were simply more spawns when in open with other CMDRs. But.not.a.single.drive.

What you are doing wrong is being unlucky.

I dropped in to Taranis 50minutes ago in a small PG with no other members present stooged around scooping two or three materials some of which could be used to synth caustic sinks and keeping out of the way of the scouts, interceptors and swarms I saw. I used 5 and a bit caustic sinks and was between 12 and 2 km from the centre usually 6 ish spawn rates were low as I was the only player present but I found one and left. This was my second visit the first was yesterday in Moebius and there was much more activity and excitement but nothing for me.

If you aren't scooping stuff that is floating around, there won't be room for the drives to spawn if one didn't spawn off the bat. If you ARE scooping things and still haven't seen a single one, RNGesus hates you. Not sure if the stuff attached to the wreck count towards the spawn limit, but I just scoop materials and end up seeing a drive (or two or 3 in a couple of cases) every few runs (run=almost out of sinks... and thats getting longer and longer and wearing on my patience so that metric is almost invalid).

I have been scooping up stuff, but quite selectively (mostly bio pods), for two reasons: I have limited corrosive resistant cargo space (I don't have the large racks of the privileged) and my mats inventory is also quite full.

If you're meant to loot goblin the whole instance to even be able get the things.... ugh.

The Scythes will completely ignore you, unless you have Thargoid Bio-Storage Capsules.

You probably saved me a rebuy, or at least a few minutes worth of caustic sinks; I had one capsule, the hunter broke pursuit when I jettisonned it.

Top Bottom