Alec's best of the forum (and elsewhere) [v2]

Replaced the old bounties & legacy fines flowchart in the "Misc' other useful and/or interesting links" section with some fantastic new flowcharts courtesy of Jack Shaftoe.

Just one thing ... errr, I thought C&P was supposed to be getting simpler!?!?! :rolleyes:

Replaced the old bounties & legacy fines flowchart in the "Misc' other useful and/or interesting links" section with some fantastic new flowcharts courtesy of Jack Shaftoe.

Just one thing ... errr, I thought C&P was supposed to be getting simpler!?!?! :rolleyes:

Just because Jack finally made a flowchart that encompasses all stages and eventualities and therefore looks more complicated doesn't mean it actually got more complicated.

Try to find all those intricacies (that were there) in the old flowchart...

Added the "Mossfoot Muckabouts" (a series of excellent fanfic novels) to the "Regular newsletters, magazines, blogs, etc" section and also added Mossfoot's "Pilot Ejection Table" to the "misc' other useful and/or interesting links" section.

P.S. I've also done a fairly significant re-organisation of my Ship-docks-CQC-structures-and-other-new-in-game-assets thread, sorting the list of Megaships by ship name/class and de-duplicating the resultant list as appropriate.

Trending: Cmdr Alot breaks the Sag A* 2hr barrier, Timmy Brabston drives an SRV to an orbital encounter with the Fuel Rats and the Buckyball "Chicken Run" race is underway.

Last edited:
I've added a link to the Canonn Research Guardians Codex to the "mysterious things and lore" section. This contains a complete list of all 28 logs (with audio) from the 2nd Ram Tah Guardians mission. Contains SPOILERS naturally and I strongly advise you go and get at least of few of these yourself first. The process of discovery is really atmospheric and makes for some very absorbing gameplay.

BLrKA3m.png
That said, a lot of new information has been unveiled about the guardians and it's nice to have it all in one place.

Last edited:
Created a Component Calculation Tool where you can input the blueprints (+grade +number of rolls) and receive a table with the number of required components you have to farm based on your input.

Perhaps useful for others as well:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/409937-Tool-Component-Calculator-for-Blueprints
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dPSH7nbyVf7A7Y7KhLj7_OYTErZZRX1PX5DfsYkXdg0/edit?usp=sharing

Hi Nerix - apologies for missing this. Nice utility! I've linked this into the "Other 3rd party sites and tools" section.

Added the Elite: Dangerous "Panels" app to the "Accessories, add-ons and tools to improve the ED experience" section. This is similar to Roccat Powergrid in that it lets you have a panel of "virtual" buttons on your tablet or phone which can be mapped to various ED control bindings but it has the advantage of being actively maintained and developed for Elite: Dangerous and also includes popups that display local planet and system information.

Added "Top 5 tips for new player" thread to the top of the "Handy tips and tricks" list in the "Manuals, guides and other stuff for new players" section.

Added "What challenge have you set yourself" thread further down the same section.

Top Bottom