Alien archeology and other mysteries: Thread 9 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I think it's just a result of easy access to UAs close to Maia, with the third alien wreck.

it is a cool thing to do for the storyline so i think its a bunch of randoms but the community is a little hard on UA sellers as a baseline especially when there are repair mechanisms and storyline advances and CGs that will probably appear once maia is closed

I have found the same signals that u found, o_O i am going to enter and see what is inside...

ai relic signals especially in maia have been there since at least 2.0 so its nothing new per sae, but sell them enmasse at maia and see if an AI rises up and takes over the station similiar to how UAs crashe stations

ai relic signals especially in maia have been there since at least 2.0 so its nothing new per sae, but sell them enmasse at maia and see if an AI rises up and takes over the station similiar to how UAs crashe stations

Yup but they are very frequent in the system we are and, moreover, the system is in outbreak... Suddendly after hidden CG...

Convoy beacon at 4... o_O how many ships leaving... But why?

Well, i have to disconnect... 8 ships against my ExploreConda in less than 3 seconds of arriving...

i' ve found the IA relics too but i can't pick 'em...

- - - Updated - - -

Convoy beacon at 4... o_O how many ships leaving... But why?

Well, i have to disconnect... 8 ships against my ExploreConda in less than 3 seconds of arriving...

- - - Updated - - -

I am in my corvette now... Add me: jamslaugh

the "Pale Blue Dot" 1990 picture of earth taken by Voyager 1
290px-Pale_Blue_Dot.png
another pic of the pale blue dot 2013 taken by Cassani
7699_18471_1-crop1.jpg
"Distant blue ball" has to be the ELW no?

So, has anyone tried putting up a CG for collecting ancient relics/orbs/caskets etc?

I'd do it, but with a 100% miss ratio on my CG submissions and no feedback, I've literally got no motivation to do it, nor any ideas for improving.

Well then you have 100% reasons to try one! but yeah that would make sense, i'm curious as to why that has not happened yet

Well then you have 100% reasons to try one! but yeah that would make sense, i'm curious as to why that has not happened yet

6 months until 2.3 (potentially) so Fdev have to drag out the breadcrumbs on this one, give them time it may come at some pint in the next 26 weeks

Who knows about the story really.

The introduction of the alien crash sites and the Ruins are nice and all but they are like getting a 1 pound Reese Cup for your birthday, but you are allergic to peanuts and are lactose intolerant. It looks wonderful, but you cant actually do anything with it.

On my 21st test now. Here are the ones from yesterday.

21. Last test was to match up the Relics from the top of the towers to the markings on the bottom of the towers. I dropped the relics next to the corresponding primary triangle on the relic towers base. I have gotten no result.

22. I tried leaving all the obelisks that are on the pictographs at the bottom of the towers active and scanned all the rest. I then activated only 3 of the pillars as there is only 3 sides.
I then activated the pillars that were adjacent to the marking shown on the bottom of the towers. Also a failure. No response of any kind.

23. I left the same configuration as test 22 but I shot the relics off the towers and moved them to the corresponding picture at the base of the relic. No response.

24. I did the exact same test as number 22 but I activated the towers before I scanned the obelisks. No Response.

25. Did the same test as 22 but I left all the Obelisks active accept for the ones listed at the bottom of the towers. No Response.

26. Did the same test as 21 but left obelisks active. No response.

27. Did the same test as 21 but I scanned the marked obelisks and left all the rest active. No response.

28. Collected all Relics casks, urns etc. Put them in cargo and dismissed ship. I activated all obelisks from the tower and then raised the corresponding towers. No Response.

29. Same test as 28 but this time I left the obelisks from the tower on while I scanned and deactivated the reset. No Response.

30. Same as 28 but did not scan any of the towers. No Response

I am to the point where now the variables are too random and the billions upon billions of combinations including all artifacts and relics are too large to test without some sort of indication that the right thing is being tried. I have been at that site for days and days and have tried lots of little tests. I have never once seen the obelisks change which one was activated. That includes different parts of the day night cycle and with or without the prescience of other commanders in my instance.

I am going to be highly disappointed if this is some dialect of cuneiform or some other such out of game nonsense code breaking/Morse code junk. There is an entire ruin site filled with items and moving parts and some interactivity. It would be sad if the answer was located outside the game.

At this point we either need a primer on the site that is obvious. There are too many details and none of them are any more or less detailed.

I feel like I am trying to build a car engine with only tools created during the time of the neanderthals . Its driving me a bit batty at this point.

the "Pale Blue Dot" 1990 picture of earth taken by Voyager 1
another pic of the pale blue dot 2013 taken by Cassani
"Distant blue ball" has to be the ELW no?

It could be, but unfortunately there isn't an ELW in the system where the base is, COL 285 SECTOR UZ-O C6-9. Here is what the survivor says:

“I’ve spent years looking up at the planet we were meant to land on, we were never meant to be on this rock and it taunts me every day. No one can imagine the frustration of waking up every day and seeing that distant blue ball in the sky, hanging there as a monument to our screw up.”

When he says "I’ve spent years looking up at the planet" he might just be speaking figuratively, like he is just looking up at the system where the planet is, not the actual planet itself. Because he then says "seeing that distant blue ball in the sky, hanging there". There is no blue planet in the base system, so by "blue ball" I believe he is talking about a blue star where their intended original target, the ELW, is supposed to be orbiting. In a different system.

That's my hunch anyway. Either that or one of the planets in COL 285 SECTOR UZ-O C6-9 used to be an ELW and somehow got ruined.

Ever sat on the large landing pad at the ancient ruins and listened when someone messes about with the beacons. the ambient sound changes dramatically, i also think some of the sound to spectrogram is like watching a 360 pan of a camera. you can see structures, plant life, hills within the spectrogram, of course it could just be my over active imagination.

It could be, but unfortunately there isn't an ELW in the system where the base is, COL 285 SECTOR UZ-O C6-9. Here is what the survivor says:

When he says "I’ve spent years looking up at the planet" he might just be speaking figuratively, like he is just looking up at the system where the planet is, not the actual planet itself. Because he then says "seeing that distant blue ball in the sky, hanging there". There is no blue planet in the base system, so by "blue ball" I believe he is talking about a blue star where their intended original target, the ELW, is supposed to be orbiting. In a different system.

That's my hunch anyway. Either that or one of the planets in COL 285 SECTOR UZ-O C6-9 used to be an ELW and somehow got ruined.

That, and in another of the logs he says that they missed their target by just a few LY. I've been using that to limit my search - the system they're in is about 200LY from Sol, so I've been searching in a 30LY radius around it (I figure more than 15% off course would be more than "a few LY")

Just wondering: we delivered the viroscide in Elli. What if the viroxcide cured tharg fsd and caused outbreaks? It could then be that the outbreaks are weak predictor of thargoids attacks...

Only just caught up on all the juicy stuff that's been going on lately.

Regarding the Generation Ship story that was found. Do you guys reckon that the passengers of these ships were informed at the start/during their journey that their trip would be so long?
What I'm saying is, imagine setting out on a 1000 year journey only to reach an ELW and find out it's already been colonised by humans? Surely it'd have gotten to a point where FSDs make Generation Ships obsolete? Like, do you think the crews would be informed with a message saying something like, 'look, we have warp drives now and your destination has already been colonised, sorry'. I know in lore that it's apparently frowned upon to interfere with one of these ships but surely the crew would be kept up to speed?

I reckon that could make for a cool story in itself. :)

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom