All The Really Good Stuff

Love it. +REP.

I can’t wait for that day. I’m outfitting a AXI FDL but I have a lot of fine tuning ahead of me.

Can you give me more of a taste of the battle, the twist at and turns, the ultimate triumph??

immersion. more than anything it's just a magical place i enjoy to be in. incredible sandbox, strict vr only.

music? no. it's nice but it tend to turn music off in games because it's quickly repetitive, even more so on immersive ones. on rare occasions (e.g. mining, combat) i may play my own music, that's what my character would do anyway.

Love it. +REP.

I can’t wait for that day. I’m outfitting a AXI FDL but I have a lot of fine tuning ahead of me.

Can you give me more of a taste of the battle, the twist at and turns, the ultimate triumph??

It took me a fair amount of time, and also a lot of tips/tactics from both this lovely forum and other sites.

My ship was the FGS “Delbert McLintock” in a weird tribute to the film “Aracnophobia”.
I died/ran away a lot to start with, could only destroy one heart before damage was total/catastophic.
Eventually i died in a suicidal last attack on the final heart. But then i knew, deep down, i could do it.
Keep at it, gauss cannons are the way. If you struggle with fixed weapns, practice on scouts.
Happy hunting :)

o7

Last edited:
One of my very favourite things about this game is the throaty growl of the pythons engines whilst accelerating out of a space station.

First time I did that with sound right up on surround sound my misses ran in from the kitchen wondering what the he'll it was

Manoeuvring that Rescue T9 into a burning station at full chat.
Open cargo hatch, deploy all limpets.
DtmkUtSWkAcu8l0

Flip it, 90 degrees of centre, watch that heat! Jettison heat sink. Steady, steady.
All collected, exit clear, go go go!
Debris in front of the slot!
Dodge, steady...lined up, close hatch, boost, boost!
Clipped the toastrack! Shields down!
DtIDav9XcAAIfK7

But we're clear. Let's get those pods to the Rescue ship, time for tea and medals.:cool:

Last edited:
My goal here is to start a thread that is just a persistent outlet for all positive reflections on your experiences playing elite dangerous.

We have plenty of forumss focused on improving, or complaining about, existing game play elements. Well how about a forum dedicated to strictly to aspects of the game we are enjoying?

If you saw something incredible or sublime out there in the black, I want to hear about it. If something cool happened to you, or something truly exhilarating, share it with everyone, please!

How did it feel when you touched ground at that first thargoid site, or when you first glanced the hulking, ehthereal glow of a guardian beacon? Tell me. Tell everyone. I’m probably at work, scrolling the forums. I’d love to hear about it all.

Did you have a combat experience that got your heart pounding? A narrow escape? A costly victory? Are you really taking it in? If so, the community, I believe, would love to read about it

So what have you got from the game you’ve so many spent hours playing? I’m all ears.

o7,
Woland

About 3+ years too late for me, sorry.

Finally got my bindings right for the new FSS yay!

just yesterday, facing off against 2 wings of players, interdiction after interdiction (about 20)...managing to overcome then all, loved it :) Felt like a real invasion of a Warring power-play :)

''I’m all ears.'' <that's weird :p

Idiom for "you have my total attention"

I think a recent good new development is that there's been an influx of new and returning players recently from this past holiday season. It's a shame the naysaying & whinging bandwagon noise diverted some new potential players away within the years past, but now they are arriving (as evident on the newcomers board, improved stats on steamcharts/steamspy & recent fdev financial reporting), and seeing ED truly with all it's many wondrous aspects, as the undisputed bar-setting classic of the genre that it is. The steamcharts average is high again for ED similar to its peaks of past years. Hopefully this new batch of player segment will never become spoiled , take much of the game for granted after hundreds of hours of excellent game value, and take advantage of Frontier's goodwill (by making unrealistic ridiculous insta-grat demands and posting trollbaiting dev-bashing potshot threads & comments) while they appreciate all the improved aspects (ex. engineering) from their fresh unsullied new perspectives. o7

Last edited:
Top Bottom